ADVERTISEMENT

Did we just haul in almost 59MM?

RUSK97

Heisman Winner
Dec 28, 2007
CNJ
Per linked article, B1G generated $880MM for 2023 and doled out almost $59MM to Maryland and Rutgers. Does this sound right? I was expecting it to be lower - in the 40-something range.
B1G Revenue

I was expecting the gap between both the B1G and SEC compared to the other conferences to be much higher.

This was the last year before the new TV deals spark a big jump in SEC revenue and a huge jump for the B1G.
Will be interesting to see. Have numbers been released for the new deal yet? I remembered it being a $1B estimate, which represents a $120MM increase, but there are four more mouths to feed.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Will be interesting to see. Have numbers been released for the new deal yet? I remembered it being a $1B estimate, which represents a $120MM increase, but there are four more mouths to feed.
The last number i remember hearing was 7 years, 8 billion. About 1.14 per year.

Also, there are TWO new mouths to feed, and two schools that have agreed to settle for the crumbs that fall off of the table.

Reactions: miket007 and satnom
Do we get a bigger slice next season than the new guys on the block (USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon)?

Do we get a bigger slice next season than the new guys on the block (USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon)?
Wash and Oregon all but paying for themselves in the beginning years to be in the BIG.

Believe USC and UCLA come in full boat from the get.

GO RU

When do we get the B1G commercial Map update with the 4 x new schools?
** I remember someone a few years ago on the board put the Game Of Thrones theme behind it... was very cool.

Big-Ten-Map-Commercial-Screenshot-by-Big-Ten.jpg

Wash and Oregon all but paying for themselves in the beginning years to be in the BIG.

Believe USC and UCLA come in full boat from the get.

GO RU
Oregon and Wash @30M each until the next media rights negotiations.
USC and UCLA @full shares

We just got 59M for the 2022-2023 fiscal year.
Next year(2025 spring payout) expect around 62M for this past season (2023-2024).

4 new schools start to get paid out of the spring 2026 payouts (covering 2024-2025)
WA and OR will be as noted 30M Each plus CFP so around 50M(there was no indication on WA and OR getting reduced payout for this.
Rest of the B10 will be around 70-80M Media + CFP for around a 90-110M Payout. (NOTE: in adding CA,OR,WA markets, the assumption is the BTN Network payouts will be slightly higher - unfortunately this number gets lumped into the distribution so this is unknown)

Oregon and Wash @30M each until the next media rights negotiations.
USC and UCLA @full shares

We just got 59M for the 2022-2023 fiscal year.
Next year(2025 spring payout) expect around 62M for this past season (2023-2024).

4 new schools start to get paid out of the spring 2026 payouts (covering 2024-2025)
WA and OR will be as noted 30M Each plus CFP so around 50M(there was no indication on WA and OR getting reduced payout for this.
Rest of the B10 will be around 70-80M Media + CFP for around a 90-110M Payout. (NOTE: in adding CA,OR,WA markets, the assumption is the BTN Network payouts will be slightly higher - unfortunately this number gets lumped into the distribution so this is unknown)
Thank you. For the 2025 season each school will have a budget of $20MM+ for athlete revenue sharing which I imagine the bulk going towards Football and Basketball players.

GO RU

When do we get the B1G commercial Map update with the 4 x new schools?
** I remember someone a few years ago on the board put the Game Of Thrones theme behind it... was very cool.

Big-Ten-Map-Commercial-Screenshot-by-Big-Ten.jpg
It isn't that hard to add USC/UCLA/Oregon/Washington to the B1G Map Commercial. We already have UCLA covered with the Rose Bowl. Just make the Hollywood sign for USC, the Space Needle and Pike Market for UW, and the Nike HQ and Hayward Field for Oregon.

I expect a full-blown, front page article in the Star-Ledger tomorrow praising the "wisdom" of "investing" in Rutgers athletics and how it led to Rutgers joining the B1G and receiving this much money.

200w.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT