ADVERTISEMENT

Divisional Playoff weekend .....

2 great games today! Both road teams can win over #1 seeds. Thus the question does a bye week do more harm than good?

The answer is no.
At worst it has no impact.
https://www.sports-king.com/super-bowl-winners-by-seed-3203/

This was prior to the 2020 SB.

"Teams that have earned a first-round bye have represented the AFC and the NFC in the Super Bowl in each of the past six years, with no wild-card team going to the Super Bowl since the 2012 Baltimore Ravens (they defeated San Francisco in Super Bowl XLVII).

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-how-they-have-fared-since-playoff-expansion/

Right.

That's being results oriented.

If I offered you 94% of $100 or 62.4% of $200 which would you take?

You would think it's obvious that going for 2 is the better choice; there's a 62.4% chance of success for 2 points (expected value 1.28) as opposed to a 94% chance of 1 (.94) But studies by economists show that most people are risk-averse .(That's why life insurance is so popular.) So most would probably prefer the near-certainty of one point to the uncertainty of two -- even though from a strictly mathematical point of view, going for two is better. Even if they lose by going for 1, they will feel less regret than if they had gone for 2 and lost because they failed.

Last edited:
Super Bowl matchup:

AFC: Burrow or Allen or Mahomes
Not too bad a showcase for the future of the QB position

NFC: Brady, Jimmy G in his 2nd SB or McVee/Stafford/Rams (who everyone made fun of for trading away all their 1st round picks and take the huge Goff dead cap hit)

Reactions: T2Kplus20
My Titans ****ing suck. What a disappointing sports day.

could have won the game if they weren't so stupid on 3nd and 4th downs with 7 min left

Nope. Stafford/Allen.
Niners own the Rams like crazy (beaten them 6 straight including that ass kicking earlier in the season). They've been the best team in the league since the second half of the season (first half they struggled due to a lot of injuries).

So the NFC game will determine who will have the home crowd for the NFC Championship game, the Bucs or the 49ers.

My Titans ****ing suck. What a disappointing sports day.

could have won the game if they weren't so stupid on 3nd and 4th downs with 7 min left
You guys have a very good team, but you need more than Tannehill at QB.

If playoff games were decided by who had the best uniforms, the 49ers would never lose. Except maybe if they played the Chargers.
I can’t stand the 49ers but their traditional road whites with the gold pants are very, very nice. Don’t like the home reds which is ironic since red is my color.

Best uniforms in the NFL (which they sadly rarely wear because of a dumb superstition) is Dallas’ home blues. And I absolutely LOATHE the Cowboys with every fiber of my being. But those are sweet.

Powder blues!

I like #2 (from the left) the best. Very close to the 1973 version.

Last edited:
What a parlay, especially on the money line. Two #1s go down at home.

Rodgers now 11-10 all time playoff record, 1-4 in NFC championship games and 0-4 vs 49ers.

• Wow
Reactions: redking
I can’t stand the 49ers but their traditional road whites with the gold pants are very, very nice. Don’t like the home reds which is ironic since red is my color.

Best uniforms in the NFL (which they sadly rarely wear because of a dumb superstition) is Dallas’ home blues. And I absolutely LOATHE the Cowboys with every fiber of my being. But those are sweet.
The old ones, sure.

Not really a fan of the newer version.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoogieKnight
No, Bucs (2 seed) or Rams (4 seed). 49ers are 6 seed and will be on road.

The joke is that the Rams have minimal fans and the stadium would be filled with 49ers fan.

Rams would not really have a significant home field advantage over SF.

Reactions: AntiG
The joke is that the Rams have minimal fans and the stadium would be filled with 49ers fan.

Rams would not really have a significant home field advantage over SF.
exactly once the Rams moved to St. Louis and Raiders back to Oakland, the majority of football fans in LA became 49ers fans anyway, not to mention that LA sports fans in general are terrible. I would venture to say 4 out of 5 football fans in California root for the 49ers.

The old ones, sure.

Not really a fan of the newer version.
Yeah, need to have the darker blue with silver (not white) pants. Like the Dorsett Era. My other favorites are the Raiders (both home and away) and while appreciate the Chargers 70’s/80’s unis that they’ve brought back in recent years, I actually liked the Oilers baby blues better. The Titans don’t do justice to the franchise’s traditional color scheme in my opinion.

The 1997-2008 Bucs uniforms which they brought back lat year are in my top 5. Instant classics in my opinion.

Yeah, need to have the darker blue with silver (not white) pants. Like the Dorsett Era. My other favorites are the Raiders (both home and away) and while appreciate the Chargers 70’s/80’s unis that they’ve brought back in recent years, I actually liked the Oilers baby blues better. The Titans don’t do justice to the franchise’s traditional color scheme in my opinion.

The 1997-2008 Bucs uniforms which they brought back lat year are in my top 5. Instant classics in my opinion.
Earl Campbell era. 👍

Reactions: BoogieKnight
Eli Apple with big INT at game's end
He did same with OSU to win NC
For the Giants nothing much

Was a big play by Apple. But most plays he's the one getting beaten. Probably the biggest liability on the Bengals D.

Reactions: ashokan
For only the second time and the second year in a row, a team could be playing in SB in their home stadium.

I did. Close finishes don't mean great games or great play.
That is true. But the converse is also true. Sometimes a blowout is a great game. I cite last week's Buffalo - New England game, in which Buffalo (offensively at least) played a PERFECT game. Perfect. As a result, the game was a blowout.

Reactions: redking
I do that for all sports. Try to time it where I can catch up and be live at the end.
I do that also - the only exception is Rutgers football and basketball when my friends are all texting about the game. I suck it up and watch the commercials then, much as it pains me to do it.

You think you saw great football play yesterday??
I'm very confused by your posts in this thread. Are you saying g NFL players don't play football at a high level? They are, in every sense of the word, the best football players on earth. The level of play doesn't get higher.

I'm very confused by your posts in this thread. Are you saying g NFL players don't play football at a high level? They are, in every sense of the word, the best football players on earth. The level of play doesn't get higher.
You certainly are confused!

I’m not seeing the blood on Brady that he was yelling about to the officials. Looked like Miller tried to hold up at the end.

I’m not seeing the blood on Brady that he was yelling about to the officials. Looked like Miller tried to hold up at the end.

Brady gets unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for yelling at the ref. I HATE standing up for Brady, but he was right. It was contact to the head, and according to the rules should be called. Ref didn't like being told he was wrong.

Lip was busted with minimal blood.

Reactions: Ash_Hole

Did you see some of the plays in that game last night?

Even the best in the world get sloppy.

Reactions: WhiteBus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT