ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t kill us yet!

Well the best laid plans…

Mish destroying MD 10-4 at the half. Stunning.

you're all sorts of confused. there are only 8 at-large spots, not 9
Ok yeah you are right, I was confused. Thought there were 2 play in games.

Either way, Penn is probably the favorite but not a lock. RU, Nova & Michigan will be in the discussion. Don’t think it will be us though.

Unless Maryland wakes up in the second half, it doesn’t matter anyway.

Michigan big ten champs and first bid

Maryland is actually bad. They should not get a home game.

Sounds like there are as many Michigan fans as Maryland. Or is that Hopkins fans rooting AGAINST Maryland?

Michigan loss to Rutgers- meaningless
Rutgers win over Michigan - meaningless

Got to face the music now. There are four B1Gs ahead of us. I can't see the committee taking 4 ALs from the B1G. Couldn't begin to think how loud the bluebloods from the ACC and the Ivy would scream.

Things just did not line up for us this year.

Got to face the music now. There are four B1Gs ahead of us. I can't see the committee taking 4 ALs from the B1G. Couldn't begin to think how loud the bluebloods from the ACC and the Ivy would scream.

Things just did not line up for us this year.

Who said Rutgers would get an AL if Michigan won the B1G?

BTW, my prediction of the ALs is:

3 ACC

3 B1G

2 Ivy

Who said Rutgers would get an AL if Michigan won the B1G?

BTW, my prediction of the ALs is:

3 ACC

3 B1G

2 Ivy
Don’t think there will be much drama. The 8 ALs will be 3 ACC, 3 B1G, 1 Ivy & 1 BE. ND, UVA, Duke, UMD, JHU, PSU & Cornell are locked in. The only drama is whether Denver gets in over a 3rd Ivy after the beat down they just took, especially if Princeton wins tomorrow. Yale has a much better resume.

Reactions: biazza38
I think if Princeton wins you get 3 Ivies, which would be a problem. I don't think Marist makes a difference because it still won't be a Top 20 win.
Helps the numbers.

The Ivy got six teams in last year. B1G can’t get 5?

Unlikely, but deserving. Keep in mind we were the last team to beat Michigan and they beat Maryland twice in that span. Hats off to them. And congrats to Bieds, a true Loyal Son.

Reactions: Wagram97
Unfortunately- jokingly - I said “watch Michigan win a title before us” (or something similar) a couple years ago. Oooof. Not good.

Agree - recruiting…

Hope the money injection and facility improvements level the playing field. Given the location Rutgers should not be second fiddle to PSU, tOSU, or UM.

us getting to the Final Four before them is more important
That just speaks volume to how consistently good we’ve been. In past years, we really couldn’t win two freaking games in a B1G to win a title? Say what you want, but 0 - infinity against Maryland is inexcusable. I know every game is all about match ups, but Umich handled Maryland twice this year. We might beat Maryland twice by 2030

13-3 Princeton over Yale at the half. Followed the Georgetown formula of a hot goalie early letting the O get into a zone. 8-3 Army in the 3rd.

Really looking at 3 ACC, 3 B1G and 2 Ivy AL. Only way I could see it change is if the committee gives Tierney a goodbye gift and seeds Denver over Yale.

That just speaks volume to how consistently good we’ve been. In past years, we really couldn’t win two freaking games in a B1G to win a title? Say what you want, but 0 - infinity against Maryland is inexcusable. I know every game is all about match ups, but Umich handled Maryland twice this year. We might beat Maryland twice by 2030
It also speaks to how much money they have. If you want to win, donate l. Anyone complaining who isn’t donating should be quiet.

Michigan winning a title shouldn’t be surprising. They’ve been recruiting at a very high level.

Last edited:
Reactions: loyalson66
It also speaks to how much money they have. If you want to win, donate l. Anyone complaining who isn’t donating should be quiet.
Overly sensitive much Wow!! So I can’t talk because I’m in a different financial situation than you and need to save money for some goals and can’t afford to give to collegiate athletics?
Hey everyone on the message board, only people who have money can give their opinion and complain about the team’s lack of performance.
Look, the program has been successful and the last two seasons have been great, but as fans it’s not crazy to be upset when you see a school like Michigan beat the crap out of Maryland twice, and we can’t get out of our way whenever we play UMD. If you don’t want to see criticism, maybe don’t start a thread talking about our chances of making the tournament when everyone with half a brain knows the season is over.

Not sensitive at all. Wasn’t really directing it at you. It was a general comment.

Michigan did best Maryland. But we beat Michigan so…

This was a really weird season. We have beaten the B1G, Ivy, MAAC & ASUN champions. We also beat the CAA & PL runners up and were 1 goal from beating the PL champions. The B1G is clearly the deepest conference this year, but we also didn’t play our best during B1G play. Has we been able to pull out just 1 or 2 B1G games we a tourney lock. Very frustrating.

This was a really weird season. We have beaten the B1G, Ivy, MAAC & ASUN champions. We also beat the CAA & PL runners up and were 1 goal from beating the PL champions. The B1G is clearly the deepest conference this year, but we also didn’t play our best during B1G play. Has we been able to pull out just 1 or 2 B1G games we a tourney lock. Very frustrating.

Depth. No Dugenio for Army. No Cameron for most of the Big10 schedule. Best Ohio St they are likely in. Beat Army as well and they would have been a lock.

He’s been disparaging the program for years. Every years he says the same thing- we never do enough to make the tournament
Lmfao it’s so strange. I remember him doing this when the program was on the rise and we didn’t have a great SOS. So bizarre the network continues to allow him to do it

Please tell me Brecht actually told that guy to GFH. He is so punchable. If Brecht told him that then I like Brecht even more.

Reactions: bigmatt718
they’ve had some injuries, but losing Ajax on D just before the Rutgers game was a killer.

Funny, when I was gametracking the B1g championship game, Eric Malever showed up on the roster. That would have been helpful. Last fall some said he would wear the “1” jersey this year…

Sorry, this was about Maryland. I meant to quote the posts about how feeble they have been…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT