ADVERTISEMENT

Earthquake?

Wow...thought I was going nuts at 2am. Wth

Last edited:
Was awoken by bed trembling.. heard a low rumble... I asked my android phone.. was that an earthquake?

I get screen that says..

Earthquake alert
From Android Earthquake Alerts System
There are reports of shaking in the Marlboro Township area. Check back soon for more information from official sources.

And it asks me if I felt it.. I said yes.

Anyone else feel it and wonder what the hell that was?

It is not yet on the USGS site.. if it ever will be..

Reactions: IMARUFAN
Yep, same in EB. Thought it may have been a helicopter at first (occasionally medevac's to RWJ fly low overhead) but seems like it was an earthquake.

Yep same in Freehold area. . Felt house was exploding. I remember similar earthquake in 1992. Whole house shook for several seconds.

Just posted this to FB...looks like we had a little earthquake in our area about 20 miles SE of Edison, NJ, which would be in the Holmdel area (3.1 on the Richter Scale). Wouldn't be 2020 without some more calamity, lol. Thought a jet might have flown too low...

Reactions: TGonzRU
Reactions: IMARUFAN
I’m in Monroe, thought I was dreaming but my wife said she felt the house shaking too

I live in Kendall Park and didn’t feel a thing and the dog never woke up either.
Also in So. Bruns. - Neither my wife, two dogs or myself noticed anything. We all slept through it

Reactions: JRZEER
Wow ... so it wasn't a dream?!

Yeah, here in Middletown, I felt it too. I was like, "what the hell was that? ... Must of been a dream."

I thought it was a gas explosion here in Freehold Twp. I'm 5 miles away from Kozloski Road/Burlington Road, the epicenter.

Thought it was large truck rumbling past the house here in Milltown.
That's kinda what I thought while it happened.. but then the shaking back and forth.. that didn't match up. The sound was a bit surprising never having HEARD an earthquake before... wondering if that was the sound of the earth or the sound of the stuff it affected.. all the houses, etc.

What the heck are all you people doing up at 2 am on a Wednesday?
Lol. Was sleeping when it woke us from bed. Couldn’t go back to sleep and figured someone was up on the board and probably felt the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT