ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Eddie Jordan hanging with the team

This is a bit unusual. Were Craig Littlepage and Mike Rice there too? Fred Hill Jr. may have been there, but was probably in the parking lot.

This is a bit unusual. Were Craig Littlepage and Mike Rice there too? Fred Hill Jr. may have been there, but was probably in the parking lot.
Not unusual at all, he took the job to help out his beloved alma mater (and admittedly get a nice paycheck), failed miserably, was embarrassed, but he should be an integral part of our program as one of our greatest, most successful players of all time.

Eddie did not get it done. I supported him to the end because I really wanted to see him get it done.....And Yes, it skewed some of my opinions on his tenure here. I admitted that long ago.

But, he will always be one of the best to ever represent the Scarlet Knights as a player.

ScarletR30,

There is no need to disparage a Rutgers legend. His coaching is fair game, but although he was a bad coach, he was a great player on a great team and has been an excellent ambassador of our university. It shows poor judgement to display a lack of respect for his accomplishments as a player and as a person. Please keep this in mind the next time you post something like this about one of our own.

All the smartypants kids with their hot takes about Eddie Jordan. The man is an RU legend and long-time NBA assistant and HC, which didn't translate to the college game, just as many college coaches are not successful in the NBA. He took the job when our reputation was at rock bottom and added needed class and dignity. And nice to see he is still close to the program.
TL

All the smartypants kids with their hot takes about Eddie Jordan. The man is an RU legend and long-time NBA assistant and HC, which didn't translate to the college game, just as many college coaches are not successful in the NBA. He took the job when our reputation was at rock bottom and added needed class and dignity. And nice to see he is still close to the program.
TL

Its a hot take to say that he was a trash coach and joke? Do we forget the brand of basketball he brought to the banks as a coach? Its not taking away from the player but we can have some fun and poke fun at the coach. This is a man that said;

"I told them I’m not going through rebounding drills guys. That’s not in my package as a coach. Rebounding is about heart and nose for the ball and wanting to go get it. That’s just not me as a coach.""I told them I’m not going through rebounding drills guys. That’s not in my package as a coach. Rebounding is about heart and nose for the ball and wanting to go get it. That’s just not me as a coach."

Im sorry but that is inexcusable and embarrassing legend or not. And lets not act like Eddie was a great NBA coach either sans his time with the nets it was mostly uninspiring.

ScarletR30,

There is no need to disparage a Rutgers legend. His coaching is fair game, but although he was a bad coach, he was a great player on a great team and has been an excellent ambassador of our university. It shows poor judgement to display a lack of respect for his accomplishments as a player and as a person. Please keep this in mind the next time you post something like this about one of our own.

Read above and get the stick out of your a$$. Not sure if you are aware of this but it is possible to hold multiple thoughts in your head at once. We can make fun of the horrible coach he was because he was just that....a horrible coach who didn't recruit, coach, or motivate at a level that is acceptable in middle school let alone Div I. Oh? and I can say that and still say he is an great player.

We were trotting out Div II players at points with no heart at all. Lighten up buddy, just cause he was a good player doesn't mean you can't criticize.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT