ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN

Roy_Faulker

All Conference
Feb 7, 2002
Watched replay today of JHop and UD and watching JHop and Towson now - fawning over PSU and UM (Hopkins is royalty to Quint so I expect him to be on his knees lol). OSU gets praise but no mention of Rutgers.

Quint hates Rutgers. And trust me when I tell you this. The feeling is mutual. It's personal for him. Outside of Hopkins, and I'm not sure how much longer that will last, the B1G has no relationship with ESPN whatsoever. They will do everything in their power to belittle or not cover B1G teams. The Acc/Ivy are ESPN properties. The B1G is it's own property.

Yeah he totally sucks - the bada-bing crap kills me.

Unfortunately the BIG is relegated to BTN and that reduces exposure. As mentioned before I’m most disappointed the new tv deal didn’t do something for the non- revenue sports to get Peacock more content.

Any idea how long the JHop deal with ESPN goes for? Hope the BIG steps in and tells them they need to suck it up and get on BTN+ like the rest of the league 😁

They signed the original deal around 2006 I believe. They've allowed Hopkins to keep it going but I highly doubt they will continue to allow it with the current content war going on. Hopkins is in no position to dictate anything to the Big Ten Conference.

It's only a matter of time before the B1G demands their content on BTN.

All of our conference games are on BTN which tells you how the sport is continuing to increase in tv audience.

Quint hates Rutgers. And trust me when I tell you this. The feeling is mutual. It's personal for him. Outside of Hopkins, and I'm not sure how much longer that will last, the B1G has no relationship with ESPN whatsoever. They will do everything in their power to belittle or not cover B1G teams. The Acc/Ivy are ESPN properties. The B1G is it's own property.
Need Fox/FS1 to invest in B1G men's/women's lax/baseball/softball.

JH is an unusual situation. They are sort of like a man without a country. When Maryland joined the B1G they were dragged along kicking and screaming. Interestingly enough, the ACC lost it's automatic qualifier for the NCAAs as a result.. Fellow ACC lacrosse blue bloods where not at all pleased, and I'm sure there are still hard feelings. The old adage of you can't go home applies here.

So, what are they going to do, threaten to move over to the Big East and negate our automatic qualifier? Well, they could, but it wouldn't bother the B1G, as it seems that expansion rumors are currently flying about North Carolina joining us.

Reactions: bigmatt718
JH is an unusual situation. They are sort of like a man without a country. When Maryland joined the B1G they were dragged along kicking and screaming. Interestingly enough, the ACC lost it's automatic qualifier for the NCAAs as a result.. Fellow ACC lacrosse blue bloods where not at all pleased, and I'm sure there are still hard feelings. The old adage of you can't go home applies here.

So, what are they going to do, threaten to move over to the Big East and negate our automatic qualifier? Well, they could, but it wouldn't bother the B1G, as it seems that expansion rumors are currently flying about North Carolina joining us.
Lol there isn't even gonna be an ACC soon enough.

I won't link trash here for clicks but in Kessenich's latest poll he has Rutgers ranked 24 LOL

The little man has some serious hate in his heart.

Funny. As opposed to the usual ACC genuflecting it's Marquette, BU and Harvard. Coaches poll has it about right.

The even more funny thing is he uses Navy hanging with Uva 3 weeks ago in a scrimmage as a reason to rank them. He ranks BU 13 but doesn't factor in Rutgers absolutely boat raced them that same week.

The guy is a clown. A dark hearted clown. I've been around him many times over the years. A real case of little man's disease. Textbook actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT