ADVERTISEMENT

I would like to see Syracuse and UConn in the Big Ten

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
These schools are our real rivals. No one else comes close.
  • PSU, OSU, and UM don’t take us seriously for good reason. We show up, and they beat our @ss.
  • We beat Indiana’s @ss, so we can’t take them seriously
  • Maryland only cares about when basketball season starts
  • MSU and other Big Ten schools are too far away to be rivals with
No other schools create as much haterade as Syracuse and UConn. Both deserve to be with us in the Big Ten and location is the only reason why they are not. No other schools stir up the venom like these two schools, which generate more hate than any others. I enjoyed being taunted by UConn fans, as I walked down the runway. Our wins over them in 2006 and 2009 were amazing. For the 2009 game, an ESPN guy gave me front row seats. I was the only one in red, in a sea of blue. So I heard it ALL GAME. I enjoyed taunting them after the game.

No other schools have that much “love” for us. Big Ten Fans are so polite to us. It’s boring.

I would like to see Syracuse and UConn as part of the next Big Ten Class of entrants.

Al,

You're right about them being our rivals (or what would have passed for rivals during our Big East years).

You're wrong about either school deserving an invite to the Big 10. What do they bring to the table?

Syracuse is a private school, not AAU, doesn't fit the profile at all. Might have helped the BTN 10 years ago.

Connecticut fits the profile of flagship state school, AAU, but doesn't move the needle anywhere else.

It will never happen

F the both of them
That’s the point. No schools generate as much passion in our fanbase as Syracuse and UConn. They’re roughly on our level.

Would anyone post F Maryland? No.

People post F PSU, but it’s meaningless because they’re way above us.

Message to every big ten team
And double to cuse and UConn

suck my dick middle finger GIF

Al,

You're right about them being our rivals (or what would have passed for rivals during our Big East years).

You're wrong about either school deserving an invite to the Big 10. What do they bring to the table?

Syracuse is a private school, not AAU, doesn't fit the profile at all. Might have helped the BTN 10 years ago.

Connecticut fits the profile of flagship state school, AAU, but doesn't move the needle anywhere else.

It will never happen
Syracuse was an AAU Member from 1966 to 2011. They renounced their membership once the AAU changed their criteria, same reason why Nebraska was kicked out. USC is AAU, and is also a small, private school.

Location is the only reason you want them in the Big Ten.

Location isn't the reason they are out.
It's because they don't generate any money for their Big Ten partners.

Are you willing to lose money?
Tell HC Schiano he has to operate on less money?
Less funds to build a IPF?

Reactions: thegock
These schools are our real rivals. No one else comes close.
  • PSU, OSU, and UM don’t take us seriously for good reason. We show up, and they beat our @ss.
  • We beat Indiana’s @ss, so we can’t take them seriously
  • Maryland only cares about when basketball season starts
  • MSU and other Big Ten schools are too far away to be rivals with
No other schools create as much haterade as Syracuse and UConn. Both deserve to be with us in the Big Ten and location is the only reason why they are not. No other schools stir up the venom like these two schools, which generate more hate than any others. I enjoyed being taunted by UConn fans, as I walked down the runway. Our wins over them in 2006 and 2009 were amazing. For the 2009 game, an ESPN guy gave me front row seats. I was the only one in red, in a sea of blue. So I heard it ALL GAME. I enjoyed taunting them after the game.

No other schools have that much “love” for us. Big Ten Fans are so polite to us. It’s boring.

I would like to see Syracuse and UConn as part of the next Big Ten Class of entrants.

You are just trying to set the board on fire.

Last edited:
Hey Al I got an idea. How bout we create an Eastern Athletic Conference.
Can you please just stop posting whatever dream or thought that comes into your head without really giving it at least 10 minutes of serious thought?
You need to Decide if you're a serious guy or just trying to be a buffoon. You're a good fan, a great support, but also a person who can't be taken seriously. Why not be all three?

Location is the only reason you want them in the Big Ten.

Location isn't the reason they are out.
It's because they don't generate any money for their Big Ten partners.

Are you willing to lose money?
Tell HC Schiano he has to operate on less money?
Less funds to build a IPF?
Not true. Syracuse itself brings 1M people and 400K households to the table in the Syracuse DMA, plus they have a significant presence in NYC. I’ve never met a non alum who roots for Rutgers in NYC, but there are plenty of non-alums who root for Syracuse in NYC. UConn brings the wealthy state of Connecticut to the table.

They will have a business case when the next expansion occurs.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: FastMJ and fsg2
Al,

The Big 12 passed on UConn and they weren't particularly fussy! They took 3 AAC schools, 4 Pac 12 schools and BYU.

Syracuse is a better fit in the ACC than they are in the Big 10. UConn stuck by its basketball team and now is home in the Big East. Neither team is going anywhere.

Reactions: RW90 and bigmatt718
Al !!!!
Just when I think you’ve turned the damn corner, you post this

Both schools are done foootball wise for our lifetimes

Cuse better hope they stay good in bball and lax while UConn appears solid in hoops

Not true. Syracuse itself brings 1M people and 400K households to the table in the Syracuse DMA, plus they have a significant presence in NYC. I’ve never met a non alum who roots for Rutgers in NYC, but there are plenty of non-alums who root for Syracuse in NYC. UConn brings the wealthy state of Connecticut to the table.

They will have a business case when the next expansion occurs.

If UConn brought any value they would already have an offer.

Syracuse? We'll see. If they actually brought value than I would imagine they'll jump ahead of FSU, UNC or any other ACC school and get a Big 10 offer.

Syracuse? We'll see. If they actually brought value than I would imagine they'll jump ahead of FSU, UNC or any other ACC school and get a Big 10 offer.
Not worth engaging - we have been through all this in multiple threads for many years. Every time expansion happens the leagues have expressed their view of UCONN over and over - they are not interested.

Not worth engaging - we have been through all this in multiple threads for many years. Every time expansion happens the leagues have expressed their view of UCONN over and over - they are not interested.
Sorry Pete come lately, but you were on a long hiatus because the team stunk, so you haven’t been over anything in many years.

Sorry Pete come lately, but you were on a long hiatus because the team stunk, so you haven’t been over anything in many years.
Al - I tend to give you a hard time but I like where your heads at here.

And don't mind Pete. He's just parroting whatever Michael Kay thinks about this.

Are you effing nuts Al? Now you have officially lost your mind. Nearly 30 years of season tickets in football and basketball along with donations say otherwise. I have also been an RU fan since I was 7. Make and idiotic post and I’ll call you out. Make a good one and I’ll compliment you. You’re clearly looking for attention here and unfortunately I gave it to you. Won’t make the same mistake again.

They won’t jump ahead of the aforementioned but they bring value to us as rivals. If UConns Flagship was in Stamford and not Storrs, they would have been much more attractive, being part of the NYC DMA. But geography is a constraint for them. Connecticut is one of America’s richest states.

Sorry OP…we joined the b1g for the money and theoretical chance at winning in big stages…regional little rivalries is a thing of the 80s and before…and it is dead! We made our bed and it will soon be covered in mucho dinero…

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Are you effing nuts Al? Now you have officially lost your mind. Nearly 30 years of season tickets in football and basketball along with donations say otherwise. I have also been an RU fan since I was 7. Make and idiotic post and I’ll call you out. Make a good one and I’ll compliment you. You’re clearly looking for attention here and unfortunately I gave it to you. Won’t make the same mistake again.
Don’t play semantics Pete. I’m talking about you not posting on this messageboard for many years, then acting like you’ve been posting all along. That’s why I’m calling this out. Did you really think we wouldn’t notice? Come on.

Everyone gets the opportunity to be called out. It’s only fair.

I feel like an intervention may be in order
Seriously man. He claims I haven’t posted here in years. Even the posters I annoy wouldn’t claim that. I think someone hacked Al. This thread doesn’t fit with what he’s been posting lately.

Reactions: Section124
Al,

The Big 12 passed on UConn and they weren't particularly fussy! They took 3 AAC schools, 4 Pac 12 schools and BYU.

Syracuse is a better fit in the ACC than they are in the Big 10. UConn stuck by its basketball team and now is home in the Big East. Neither team is going anywhere.
UConn will forever be known as the school that nuked its football program for basketball.

UConn will forever be known as the school that nuked its football program for basketball.
Actually, that’s a very good point. To even be in the mix for a Big 10 invite we had a fortunate location/market, but we still had to demonstrate a commitment to big-time football and athletics to seal the deal. They have not done that.

Syracuse can join the AAC, it isn't a B1G program
The fruits day of being worthwhile pass years ago
UConn can stay a Big lEast member and have it's FB team go FCS
UCan't with their bottom 5 FBS football program is more likely to park football in the CAA than join the B1G. They couldn't hack it in the AAC for crying out loud.

Actually, that’s a very good point. To even be in the mix for a Big 10 invite we had a fortunate location/market, but we still had to demonstrate a commitment to big-time football and athletics to seal the deal. They have not done that.
UConn only cares about basketball, and that's it. They suck at basically every other sport, aren't AAU so they fail the academic test, and aren't in an area where they would legit make the B1G money like FL with FSU or UNC could in the Carolinas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT