ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UMass Moving To MAC in 2025-26

One of Chris ash’s best Rutgers wins was the thrilling comeback and steamrolling of umass .
Good luck to them

Reactions: RUfromNJ

Does this mean UConn finally caves in and moves back to FCS? It's literally them and ND as the only FBS Indy schools left.
The only effect this has on UConn is that maybe UMass will stop scheduling them. Maybe.

UConn's scheduling strategy of selling a few beat downs, plus bundling FB and BB home and homes, seems to be working for them.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
You seriously don't know the reason? You linked articles/information from a competing site. DUH! Ask @Richard Schnyderite about that.
Rivals didn't have an article up about it. Last I checked, they still don't.
Kind of weird that the other site would, yet this site, which has lost tons of members with the switchover, wouldn't be reporting on that.

Yes, for all sports. They had been in the MAC for football only for awhile, but the MAC made an "all or nothing" ultimatum, to which they have finally agreed.
Probably the best move for them at this point to sustain football. Sucks a bit for hoops but they haven’t been great in that lately and the MAC isn’t horrible in basketball.

It was the Great Knight Shift who predicted before that game: "Ash will Smash Mass"!!!!!
#LEGEND. 🐐
What was the name of our starting QB that game? Lasted one more start vs. Iowa, got knocked out and that was that. As they said in Goodfellas, “We ran into a little problem and there was nothing we could do about it.”

What was the name of our starting QB that game? Lasted one more start vs. Iowa, got knocked out and that was that. As they said in Goodfellas, “We ran into a little problem and there was nothing we could do about it.”
He was no Kyle Bolin, but his name was McLane Carter. Valid attempts to up talent at the QB position.

Last edited:
Man, I didn't even have to bait that hook!
But this thread is Off the Hook!

excited homer simpson GIF

He was no Kyle Bolin, but his name was McClane Carter. Valid attempts to up talent at the QB position.
I thought we had something with him after that game but I remember Iowa having a really good D and laying a big hit knocking him out of the game. I think that last injury forced him to say enough is enough.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Remember UMass v RU back in the day even before Calipari.

Why Hempel went to UMass rather than RU might be one of the most curious decisions ever. What was he thinking?

Remember UMass v RU back in the day even before Calipari.

Why Hempel went to UMass rather than RU might be one of the most curious decisions ever. What was he thinking?
We weren’t very good. Wasn’t that the Littlepage time or at the tail end of Tom Young?

UMass' departure from the A-10 leaves only two charter members from the old Eastern Eight, and only one charter member with continous membership. (The other left and came back.) Can you name them?

I was at the Iowa game when he got KO’d. Wasn’t pretty.

We weren’t very good. Wasn’t that the Littlepage time or at the tail end of Tom Young?
I thought Tom Young really recruited him hard. Maybe why he left if he couldn’t win recruiting battles against UMass. He was a good player but what the heck was Hempel thinking?

I thought Tom Young really recruited him hard. Maybe why he left if he couldn’t win recruiting battles against UMass. He was a good player but what the heck was Hempel thinking?
He was a very good player who would have helped RU tremendously

Reactions: G- RUnit
Worst case scenario.

As an independent their price was a lot cheaper than what a MAC school charges for a bought game.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I thought we had something with him after that game but I remember Iowa having a really good D and laying a big hit knocking him out of the game. I think that last injury forced him to say enough is enough.
He basically said, the hell with this after he realized there was no protection from the oline. He declared medical retirement only to seek a pro career in Europe later on.

He basically said, the hell with this after he realized there was no protection from the oline. He declared medical retirement only to seek a pro career in Europe later on.
Didn't he try to play lacrosse somewhere else first or am I thinking of someone else? I know that Laviano closed out his career that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT