ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UMass Moving To MAC in 2025-26

Some words used to mean something. Maybe even, most words used to mean something. But the words "Mid-America Conference" never meant anything. Not with 11 of its 12 members in the Eastern Time Zone.
The Atlantic 10 with St. Louis
The Atlantic Coast Conference with Pitt, Notre Dame, Louisville, SMU, Cal and Stanford (those must be valuable beachfront properties lol)
The Big 10 with 11, 12, 14 and 18 schools.
Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri and Texas A&M in the Southeastern Conference.
Creighton, DePaul, Butler in the Big East

Shall I continue?

Some words used to mean something. Maybe even, most words used to mean something. But the words "Mid-America Conference" never meant anything. Not with 11 of its 12 members in the Eastern Time Zone.
This sounds like a Central Jersey does not exist line of reasoning. Are you a Doctor in real life?

Time Zones have nothing to do with this. Maps and words do matter.

2023-MAC-Map-1024x647.jpg

Mid-American_Conference_detailed_map_updated.png

While not completely aligned with the current MAC members (leaves out Michigan and does not include Western NY (Buffalo) which is the single outlier, here's Wikipedia's take on Middle America:

But in this f'd up NCAA world we live in, there are now former PAC 12 members from California in the Atlantic Coast Conference, so why not slap Massachusetts into the Mid American Conference. May as well add a school from California to the mix, or perhaps Washington State and Oregon State will jump on the MAC bandwagon.

The Atlantic Coast Conference with Pitt, Notre Dame, Louisville, SMU, Cal and Stanford (those must be valuable beachfront properties lol)

Shall I continue?
The Times They are A Changing. Words that used to have a meaning that shall not be uttered, from Stanford's guide on elimination of harmful language:

addict, blind study, crippled, handicapped, lame, tone deaf, brave, freshman, thug, . . . . . .

The Times They are A Changing. Words that used to have a meaning that shall not be uttered, from Stanford's guide on elimination of harmful language:

addict, blind study, crippled, handicapped, lame, tone deaf, brave, freshman, thug, . . . . . .
Just go look at the list the state department does not want you to use. It’s all RETARDED…yep I’ll still use that! 😎

Shall I continue?
The SEC is at least geographically connected…only major conference that is…the b1g is a giant T coast to coast, the Atlantic CC is bi coastal now…guess they better change the seal they were so proud of…the new CUSA (B12) is a kluge of top tier wannabes and the PAC is dead! 😎

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT