ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers rapidly is losing ground in the NIL battle with other Big Ten schools, and critics — including people on the inside — believe the Scarlet…

Article says Rutgers NIL fund is around $2M. Maryland is around 4M while Michigan State, Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin are above $5 million. Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State are all over $7 million.
Article said RU was slow to put together NIL foundation and Hobbs isn’t doing enough.
NCAA needs to put a cap on the NIL. If not college sports are doomed.

Reactions: eddynyse
They have enough to retain but not enough for the portal. They just lost Wigenton to Illinois because of money and that kid didn’t even cost that much. Love Hobbs but he really needs to step up his efforts in the NIL game. He’s barely visible and taking a hands off approach while others are going full steam ahead.
If NIL is private fund raising why would Hobbs be involved?

I'm sure there is likely more that we can do in the way raising funds. But, we're likely not the worst program in FBS. And, like others here posted, we're a bit on the lower end of average for the teams in our neighborhood (i.e. IU only has $1M more? Ok .. not exactly enough to warrant an article.).

So, I'd instead write an article that says, "Rutgers Lagging a Bit. More To Do."
So true, great point. I’m not even sure if the media in NJ even f&$!ing cares about the State as a whole; they certainly have never supported the sports programs. Go to other states, and the media is “all-in” with their support for their in-states schools. Very tired of this, but will never change. It’s why I cancelled all my subscriptions very long ago.

If NIL is private fund raising why would Hobbs be involved?
All AD’s are the face of their athletic programs. Most are aggressively courting their high end donors to these collectives or having them help fund their war chest. Hobbs has decided to take a hands off approach and only meets with his appointed NIL staff. He needs to do more and hit this aggressively.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Nobody's arguing that the paper is a rag, and the website has gone to shit
And their motives were likely not in the best interest of the school or the athletic department

But their story is spot on
And, whether we like it or not, their takeaway message is the key to our future success
But it’s kind of a “no shit Sherlock” kind of article; it’s more about NJ.com’s “timing” of all of their stories. As if we don’t already know that the NIL is a tough road for us; just unnecessary.

Reactions: RAC93
Who pays for players scholarships?
Isn't it fans and the mandatory "donation" to the R Fund as part of season ticket sales?
Not sure how the scholarships are covered, but I guess seat fees might help. But before seat fees, athletes still had their schollies. So I'm talking more about purchase power and who should cover the cost to buy athletes.
You do realize those two posters are the same person? They have basically admitted it.
Not really because I hardly pay much attention to either...or try not to at least
The guy running it is not making a dime off this. He is doing it on his own time working hard while others do squat and donate less. We have enough NIL to keep what we have but none to grab portal guys who can come here and help. NIL cost us a DT who went to Florida and a OL who wanted to be here but Illinois had money to give and we have excuses to give.
Hmmm..you are saying pro bono?? For which collective? That is a first I have heard.
I know that it won't make a difference, but I just sent the following email to NJ.com

Headlines such as today's "Poor Rutgers" are the reason I will not subscribe to NJ.com. I don't expect NJ.com to be a cheerleader for Rutgers, but headlines and stories that bash Rutgers sports appear too often. In one week the football team will play in a bowl game. I'm sure that a positive headline and story could have been written.

RU fan
I cancelled my subscription years ago after that d*+knead Manaheim(?) used his position at the rag to make fun of Rutgers. I fired off several emails and made phone calls regarding our "esteemed " state of NJ newspaper disparaging my beloved Rutgers. F**k them and just about anything they do. Mods, much apologies for the harsh words but that's what I feel about the asswipes over there.

First and foremost to those in the thread that do donate to the NIL collective. Thank you and I am glad you decided to do so.
With that said- to bring it up every once in a while in a nice way, is 100% on and welcome.
But to tell people they have no rights as fans if they are not also doing so- just STFU
I will do with my money what I want and I will cheer for and say what I want as a fan.
Your constant BS directed at this is doing more harm than good.
But obviously, you all are too narcissistic to realize that.

The one thing I do have to say about Hobbs and NIL- I do feel like is more on him than anyone else. A new part and one of the most important parts of his job now, get some of these local companies involved.
I just did a search on zoominfo for companies in a radius of 50 miles with rev over $5 billion and over 100 came up.

First and foremost to those in the thread that do donate to the NIL collective. Thank you and I am glad you decided to do so.
With that said- to bring it up every once in a while in a nice way, is 100% on and welcome.
But to tell people they have no rights as fans if they are not also doing so- just STFU
I will do with my money what I want and I will cheer for and say what I want as a fan.
Your constant BS directed at this is doing more harm than good.
But obviously, you all are too narcissistic to realize that.

The one thing I do have to say about Hobbs and NIL- I do feel like is more on him than anyone else. A new part and one of the most important parts of his job now, get some of these local companies involved.
I just did a search on zoominfo for companies in a radius of 50 miles with rev over $5 billion and over 100 came up.
Spot on my friend
Nobody should be shamed for not donating
It's a personal decision, and some are adamantly opposed to doing it
it's their hard earned money, and they can do what they see fit

In regard to corporations, I truly believe that's who we'll need on board if we're ever going to become elite in the NIL space

The opportunity is great; let's hope we seize it and get to the level we have the potential to be at

Spot on my friend
Nobody should be shamed for not donating
It's a personal decision, and some are adamantly opposed to doing it
it's their hard earned money, and they can do what they see fit

In regard to corporations, I truly believe that's who we'll need on board if we're ever going to become elite in the NIL space

The opportunity is great; let's hope we seize it and get to the level we have the potential to be at
It is mostly this morrisschiano and 365 - who is the same person and they may have another new one that they are using now too. I don't know if they really think they are helping or just complete AH's- I think a combo of both but they are hurting the cause on this board

It is mostly this morrisschiano and 365 - who is the same person and they may have another new one that they are using now too. I don't know if they really think they are helping or just complete AH's- I think a combo of both but they are hurting the cause on this board
NIL is messed up right now
No rules or regs, and long term, it's not good for the health of the game
It needs to get corrected, and eventually will

Until then, we can wait for the "correction," or act on the so called loop holes, and capitalize in a space unique to us (tri state area) and become proactive with the power players in the tri state area

Nah, they are complete AHs, and the irony is they lob out insults or mock donors who have not committed to NIL and then they get offended when those they insult respond in kind. IMO, a really odd way to go about trying to build support for your cause.

For me/us, when our current commitment to athletics is paid out, we need to make a decision on whether we will give more money to RU at all, let alone athletics, or whether we will move on to what we consider more worthy causes such as Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Tunnels to Towers, both doing things that are far more worthy to society than having a winning football team. I also tend to think NIL will eventually be largely funded through the Universities and the enormous sums of money they receive through media rights. But that raises another issue of how prudently the money is spent, for example, the ridiculous salaries and raises handed over to coaches for "work" that does not seem worthy of such exorbitant pay. Some of what Chip Kelly said last week makes sense. Regardless, IMO, I don't see Rutgers ever gaining equal footing with Michigan, Ohio State, etc, which is just another factor that makes us weigh against giving large sums to NIL when we see Rutgers receiving $70-90 million per year in media rights money. @NickRU714 has raised this point several times.

Reactions: RUaMoose and Jimpeg
Correct, I don't

But those that do (2 dozen in the athletic dept and 8 more in the know) aren't confident in the direction we're going

Further, the article stated that other AD's, in conference, are doing more (much more) than Hobbs

I give credit where it's due and call out whomever when improvement needs to be made. Objectively, Hobbs has been ultra conservative (I'm being kind) in his approach (or lack thereof) of NIL
Hobbs is a lawyer that is how he rolls looking at the implications of bad things that could happen. Funny that NIL has made it legal to pay for players if done with a slight of hand.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Hobbs is a lawyer that is how he rolls looking at the implications of bad things that could happen. Funny that NIL has made it legal to pay for players if done with a sleight of hand.
I’ll repeat it, I think he has done great things for the athletic department, but he has botched this big time.

At the minimum, he should’ve had a staff hired as soon as it went legal or shortly there after to target not only the individual fans, but the corporations around the tri-state area.

The fact that we’re behind the eight ball compared to some of our conference peers given our location and potential is unacceptable in my book

I’ll repeat it, I think he has done great things for the athletic department, but he has botched this big time.

At the minimum, he should’ve had a staff hired as soon as it went legal or shortly there after to target not only the individual fans, but the corporations around the tri-state area.

The fact that we’re behind the eight ball compared to some of our conference peers given our location and potential is unacceptable in my book
Botched/smothched. You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is. There are things always going on behind the scenes that you have no idea about, but keyboard warriors will be keyboard warriors, sounding like they are in the know because they know the guy who knows the woman who knows the guy who delivers Geoff Brown's milk, and overhead something. . . . . Just stop, please.

Botched/smothched. You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is. There are things always going on behind the scenes that you have no idea about, but keyboard warriors will be keyboard warriors, sounding like they are in the know because they know the guy who knows the woman who knows the guy who delivers Geoff Brown's milk, and overhead something. . . . . Just stop, please.
Relax, tough guy

It’s a message board where we give opinions, not a nuclear summit

I’m merely stating my opinion on Hobbs re NIL - as it’s also been said in the article (and is evident to anyone that has been paying attention) that compared to his peers, he has been asleep at the wheel

I’ve given him credit with credit is due, because overall I think he has done a fantastic job as AD

Fundraising is going well, facilities are top-notch, he communicates well and his personable, hired Pike and Schiano, etc.

I’ve also stated why I feel he has not been up to par in regard to NIL

Being that you’re so furiously defending him, why don’t you state your opinion of why you think he has done an adequate job in that department?

Absent of a full buy in from the fanbase (highly unlikely given our partly history of donating) or a whale donor stepping up, this needs to come from businesses & corporations around the tri-state area, if we're ever going to compete NIL wise at an elite level
I don't think that's true. If more of our fans just donated small amounts every month it would go a long way. I only give $50/ month to the NIL fund. Not a lot but if 75% of the people on here did that, we'd be doing pretty well.

See Jon's post from a few days ago.

I don't think that's true. If more of our fans just donated small amounts every month it would go a long way. I only give $50/ month to the NIL fund. Not a lot but if 75% of the people on here did that, we'd be doing pretty well.

See Jon's post from a few days ago.
I agree, but that’s assuming that most would start to donate to NIL

Given our pass, donation, history, moderate, athletic success, etc. I would not anticipate that happening, although I would love to be wrong

Nah, they are complete AHs, and the irony is they lob out insults or mock donors who have not committed to NIL and then they get offended when those they insult respond in kind. IMO, a really odd way to go about trying to build support for your cause.

For me/us, when our current commitment to athletics is paid out, we need to make a decision on whether we will give more money to RU at all, let alone athletics, or whether we will move on to what we consider more worthy causes such as Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Tunnels to Towers, both doing things that are far more worthy to society than having a winning football team. I also tend to think NIL will eventually be largely funded through the Universities and the enormous sums of money they receive through media rights. But that raises another issue of how prudently the money is spent, for example, the ridiculous salaries and raises handed over to coaches for "work" that does not seem worthy of such exorbitant pay. Some of what Chip Kelly said last week makes sense. Regardless, IMO, I don't see Rutgers ever gaining equal footing with Michigan, Ohio State, etc, which is just another factor that makes us weigh against giving large sums to NIL when we see Rutgers receiving $70-90 million per year in media rights money. @NickRU714 has raised this point several times.
I think you don’t do much for Rutgers but comment on this board. You think you are special because you spend hours here daily just look at your post total and sillly threads. It’s screams I have nothing going on. What a stupid thing to say comparing wounded warriors and Sloan Kettering to donations to NIL. Of course those are 10000 times better places to donate money. Unlike those two organizations you live breathe and shit Rutgers sports and understand that NIL matters when it comes to winning. Donate or not you are like Bac Cali and the rest you will never stop living on this board because this board is an extremely important part of your life. You have been a Rutgers fan all of your very long life. You are also an example of how this old and cheap fanbase has a storied history of donating zero but being very opinionated. Now it’s Hobbs fault lol one of the best AD’s we have had. Rutgers Big Build Fund and now NIL collectively those were failures especially if you look at how many individual donors there were. You are part of the problem yet another anonymous poster who thinks they are special. No ine here is special Mr Haiku.

Relax, tough guy

It’s a message board where we give opinions, not a nuclear summit

I’m merely stating my opinion on Hobbs re NIL - as it’s also been said in the article (and is evident to anyone that has been paying attention) that compared to his peers, he has been asleep at the wheel

I’ve given him credit with credit is due, because overall I think he has done a fantastic job as AD

Fundraising is going well, facilities are top-notch, he communicates well and his personable, hired Pike and Schiano, etc.

I’ve also stated why I feel he has not been up to par in regard to NIL

Being that you’re so furiously defending him, why don’t you state your opinion of why you think he has done an adequate job in that department?
Just go to the FSU board and stop already with your "asleep at the wheel" and other horseshit phrases that you have no idea what you are talking about. Are you Steve Politi and Sarge's burner account?

Here are just a few items, and I don't have time to list them all. And I don't share private information on public message boards. It's called being circumspect. People have been hired, things are being done. A smart administrator hires capable people to handle tasks. Do you think Pat should drop everything else and AD is responsible for (funding, location, building of fieldhouse, redsigning the Jersey Mike Arena, negotiating raises, extensions, etc for coaches, including Greg), and spend all his time on NIL.

Greg's thoughts back in May (NIL not being handled correctly right now nationwide, etc--obviously he has a huge say, so why not assail Greg, who after Pat, is the most important person in the NIL landscape at Rutgers):

and maybe listen to this reasonable take from Aaron Breitman, who has a very reasoned approach, as opposed to keyboard warrior yahoos pointing fingers and looking to blame one or two people. As Aaron points out, Sarge's article is full of omissions of the positives, but in typical fashion, the negatoids on social media take the bait, hook, line and singer, and run with crap articles as it is gospel. Take a look at the first comment (not mine) under Aaron's video. :

Just go to the FSU board and stop already with your "asleep at the wheel" and other horseshit phrases that you have no idea what you are talking about. Are you Steve Politi and Sarge's burner account?

Here are just a few items, and I don't have time to list them all. And I don't share private information on public message boards. It's called being circumspect. People have been hired, things are being done. A smart administrator hires capable people to handle tasks. Do you think Pat should drop everything else and AD is responsible for (funding, location, building of fieldhouse, redsigning the Jersey Mike Arena), negotiating raises, extensions, etc for coaches, including Greg, and spend all his time on NIL.

Greg's thoughts back in May (NIL not being handled correctly right now nationwide, etc--obviously he has a huge say, so why not assail Greg, who after Pat, is the most important person in the NIL landscape at Rutgers):

and maybe listen to this reasonable take from Aaron Breitman, who has a very reasoned approach, as opposed to keyboard warrior yahoos pointing fingers and looking to blame one or two people. As Aaron points out, Sarge's article is full of omissions of the positives, but in typical fashion, the negatoids on social media take the bait, hook, line and singer, and run with crap articles as it is gospel. Take a look at the first comment (not mine) under Aaron's video. :

That's a lot of posting without saying much.
I suggest anger management, a stiff drink, and a nap.

Why have other AD's, in conference and in other conferences, done more?
Why did it take so long to hire people in positions for NIL?

From the horse's mouth (you know Jon, the guy that actually runs KOR and knows what's going on) regarding Hobbs:

"The decision to be made going forward is purely based on aggressiveness. If you are not aggressive from the top down then fans will assume you're fine with how things are going.

People ask me what I mean when I say "aggressive." The schools that are good at this have a clear strategy led and communicated from the Athletic Director on down. They promote the issue and encourage folks to give and make it easy for them to do that. To date that has not been our experience but our hope is that will change and we are working with staff to do that.

Folks can continue to believe what they want to believe and engage in "he said, she said" about who is to blame, but until there is a commitment we will continue to be behind others."

In layman's terms, that's called a Mic Drop

Reactions: 365Poster24Seven

Here are just a few items, and I don't have time to list them all. And I don't share private information on public message boards. It's called being circumspect. People have been hired, things are being done. A smart administrator hires capable people to handle tasks. Do you think Pat should drop everything else and AD is responsible for (funding, location, building of fieldhouse, redsigning the Jersey Mike Arena, negotiating raises, extensions, etc for coaches, including Greg), and spend all his time on NIL.

Oh stop you have plenty of time what else do you have going on.

That's a lot of posting without saying much.
I suggest anger management, a stiff drink, and a nap.

Why have other AD's, in conference and in other conferences, done more?
Why did it take so long to hire people in positions for NIL?

From the horse's mouth (you know Jon, the guy that actually runs KOR and knows what's going on) regarding Hobbs:

"The decision to be made going forward is purely based on aggressiveness. If you are not aggressive from the top down then fans will assume you're fine with how things are going.

People ask me what I mean when I say "aggressive." The schools that are good at this have a clear strategy led and communicated from the Athletic Director on down. They promote the issue and encourage folks to give and make it easy for them to do that. To date that has not been our experience but our hope is that will change and we are working with staff to do that.

Folks can continue to believe what they want to believe and engage in "he said, she said" about who is to blame, but until there is a commitment we will continue to be behind others."

In layman's terms, that's called a Mic Drop
He thinks he is special like the rest. He really does when angry he insults and probably runs to the mods.

knightshift is as solid a person and fan as you will find- has backed this school in all the traditional ways for years-

Yeah- he does go a little bit much on his responses and I used to do the same but I have learned my lesson that life is so much better not to let it get past a message board.

But, he and I do agree when it is too much on fans- what many are missing- these fan bases that are crushing NIL, are not doing it with $10-50 monthly from their hard working fan bases. They are doing it with whales.

We sit in an are with more "whales" and Alumni "Whales" then almost any other part of America.
Someone convinced these whales to dump major cash in for the #2/3 MBB players in the nation.
We need someone other than fans, to go after these real donors hard. Not for a dude on a message board to try to get my pizza and now, beer money.
I would bet that the average Alabama fan who may have a couch on his front lawn, is not giving $20 a month to NIL.
NIL- and I will repeat it- is about getting the whales to fund it and the major corporations.

Reactions: RUaMoose
knightshift is as solid a person and fan as you will find- has backed this school in all the traditional ways for years-

Yeah- he does go a little bit much on his responses and I used to do the same but I have learned my lesson that life is so much better not to let it get past a message board.

But, he and I do agree when it is too much on fans- what many are missing- these fan bases that are crushing NIL, are not doing it with $10-50 monthly from their hard working fan bases. They are doing it with whales.

We sit in an are with more "whales" and Alumni "Whales" then almost any other part of America.
Someone convinced these whales to dump major cash in for the #2/3 MBB players in the nation.
We need someone other than fans, to go after these real donors hard. Not for a dude on a message board to try to get my pizza and now, beer money.
I would bet that the average Alabama fan who may have a couch on his front lawn, is not giving $20 a month to NIL.
NIL- and I will repeat it- is about getting the whales to fund it and the major corporations.

Spot on.

I've never had an issue with KN
But my man came across like a major dick

I simply stated why I didn't think Hobbs has done a good job with NIL, while stating all of the good things he's done

Jon from KOR echoed my sentiments
When I pointed this out to him... crickets

I'm all for letting bygones be bygones, but when you're flat out wrong, especially when you were the aggressor in the conversation, man up and admit it

And you're 100 % right in that we need someone to go after the whales, and corporations alike. Guess who slept on that... Pat

The buck stops with him in regard to hires. He runs the athletic dept. He's in charge, he runs the show, he calls the shots

We finally have a team in place to take care of this; hopefully, they are making inroads. But the fact that this took so long to get going was a lack of foresight and leadership on Hobb's part

That's not an opinion - it's a fact.

Never gonna happen. NJ is surrounded by 16 major sports franchises if you include MLS, which has the #1 sports marketing draw in the world playing for a club in its league. Those teams and players suck all the air out of the sponsorship room, no other P4 program faces anything like that competition, it is truly unique.

I agree with what you say but getting small donations from many every day fans can have a big impact. The true big time teams get both the whales and average fan because the fans want to keep winning. Rutgers needs to work hard to find the whales but also get the average guy to give something to NIL. Jon and others need to work on the every day fans while the AD finds the whales.

If OSU or Michigan get 100k fans per game, and they can somehow convince 20K to give $100 per year that’s $2M. Add in a few whales and they are upwards of $7M+ for NIL.

As you know Rutgers doesn’t have that size fan base so they go after the same 2k fans and ask for $35 a month NIL members.

I applaud their effort because it’s an uphill battle.

Never gonna happen. NJ is surrounded by 16 major sports franchises if you include MLS, which has the #1 sports marketing draw in the world playing for a club in its league. Those teams and players suck all the air out of the sponsorship room, no other P4 program faces anything like that competition, it is truly unique.
Winning draws interest from sponsors. If the football team wins the B1G you will see money coming in from those sponsors. Sponsors want eye balls and in college football that means 12-0 or 11-1. Not 6-6. There is plenty of money in this area to go around and that money follows winners.

The true big time teams get both the whales and average fan because the fans want to keep winning.
Here's the problem ... those "true big time teams" have already won. You can only keep winning if you've already won. Rutgers fanbase has not experienced winning in their lifetimes. The school needs to spend money (on facilities) first, then win, then donations will come; it simply will not happen in reverse no matter how hard people want to believe it will.

Unfortunately, now that NIL is in place, what I just wrote (above) may not be possible out Rutgers anymore. The spending on facilities (which the university could do limitlessly, which we never did) now seems to be outweighed, in the minds of top recruits, by NIL spending (which the university is prohibited from contributing to). The new system likely locks us out of any chance at being a top tier football program (even with full university buy-in, which we've never had). Thanks, Supreme Court. Thanks, Geo.

Here's the problem ... those "true big time teams" have already won. You can only keep winning if you've already won. Rutgers fanbase has not experienced winning in their lifetimes. The school needs to spend money (on facilities) first, then win, then donations will come; it simply will not happen in reverse no matter how hard people want to believe it will.

Unfortunately, now that NIL is in place, what I just wrote (above) may not be possible out Rutgers anymore. The spending on facilities (which the university could do limitlessly, which we never did) now seems to be outweighed, in the minds of top recruits, by NIL spending (which the university is prohibited from contributing to). The new system likely locks us out of any chance at being a top tier football program (even with full university buy-in, which we've never had). Thanks, Supreme Court. Thanks, Geo.
I agree. But do we as fans pack up shop and walk away or do we try? I would like to try.
I am also interested to see what happens next year with basketball. If this team truly makes a run, can it turn things around and draw in interest from a whale, which will also bring in interest from the fans? Sometimes you only need a spark and I hope Ace and Dylan are the spark.

I agree. But do we as fans pack up shop and walk away or do we try? I would like to try.
At this point, the only realistic goal the athletics program has is to be competent-enough to be one of the last two or three teams that gets invited into the 32-40 team mega-professional "college" football conference that is coming in the next five years or so. If we get excluded from that, we might as well disband the athletics department.

If this team truly makes a run, can it turn things around and draw in interest from a whale, which will also bring in interest from the fans? Sometimes you only need a spark and I hope Ace and Dylan are the spark.
Basketball is irrelevant. If it mattered, at all, UCONN wouldn't be on the outside looking in.

Winning draws interest from sponsors. If the football team wins the B1G you will see money coming in from those sponsors. Sponsors want eye balls and in college football that means 12-0 or 11-1. Not 6-6. There is plenty of money in this area to go around and that money follows winners.
How are we getting to 12-0 or 11-1 without huge NIL $s? And how many 12-0 and 11-1 seasons has Greg Schiano ever coached? In fact, how many 10 win seasons has he coached in his entire career? Has he ever been to a major bowl game other than as a fill-in with a losing record during a pandemic? It is absolute fantasy to belief that a man approaching his 60s is suddenly going to flip a switch in this competitive $ environment and produce wins he couldn't produce as a younger man in a simpler time.

Reactions: RUaMoose
How are we getting to 12-0 or 11-1 without huge NIL $s? And how many 12-0 and 11-1 seasons has Greg Schiano ever coached? In fact, how many 10 win seasons has he coached in his entire career? Has he ever been to a major bowl game other than as a fill-in with a losing record during a pandemic? It is absolute fantasy to belief that a man approaching his 60s is suddenly going to flip a switch in this competitive $ environment and produce wins he couldn't produce as a younger man in a simpler time.
I don’t disagree with you. My response was to a post saying there is limited sponsorship money in this area for Rutgers because of the many pro team.
My opinion is there is plenty of sponsorship money in the area but that money only goes to Rutgers IF they can have winning teams.

You do realize those two posters are the same person? They have basically admitted it.
Christ, I don’t post under multiple handles. You seem pretty sure that I do. Let’s bet $1,000 or $10,000 or whatever makes you nervous, paid to Knights of The Raritan, on whether my handle and the 365 handle are from the same person.

I don’t disagree with you. My response was to a post saying there is limited sponsorship money in this area for Rutgers because of the many pro team.
My opinion is there is plenty of sponsorship money in the area but that money only goes to Rutgers IF they can have winning teams.
I agree, I should have added absent consistent outstanding records having all those professional teams sucks the $s out of the room. Other programs don't face the need to succeed at that level to draw the $s in their geographic areas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT