ADVERTISEMENT

Extended Postgame Exchange (And Other Good Stuff) Explained:

DirtyRU

All American
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2002
SFA coach seems like a good dude and had some really nice things to say about us and Pike:

Stephen F. Austin Head Coach Kyle Keller:

On first road test of the season: "I thought Rutgers just punched us in the mouth and kept punching us for 40 minutes. I didn't think we were any good. I give coach (Steve) Pikiell all the credit in the world. They dominated the game and they played really well. They took us out of what we wanted to do. The aggressive team always wins and they were much more aggressive than we were tonight."

On Rutgers impacting shot selection: "Maybe. I just didn't think we willed ourselves to where we're supposed to get to tonight. I just didn't think we were any good. The pace was too slow. We didn't get our pace to where we wanted to. We were just very tentative tonight."

On learning from this game: "When you get embarrassed like that, you better learn something. I thought they really took the fight to us. I think that's been one of the strengths of our team. We've been really aggressive, very physical and played really fast. I thought they played at the right tempo and picked times to run. They made it a half court game and we got pretty lethargic. I thought their experience with their guards, even though they have some new guys, they still have experience. I thought (Geo) Baker really dominated the game with the tempo."

On Steve Pikiell: "He's great. We both have lost ours moms in the last 10 months or so. We were just talking about that and how you look at things differently. It's just a total different transition when you lose your mom, who is always there to support you. We were talked about it before the game and were talking once the game was over with. What a great guy he is. I wish him the very best. He's a really, really good basketball coach in our profession. I told him the worst thing that could happen to us was them losing to St. Bonaventure the other day. I thought their kids were tremendous tonight. He may disagree, but I thought tonight was their best game so far, that I'd seen. They had toughness, energy and I thought their kids rose up. He may not agree, but that's what I thought."

It looked like Stephen F. Austin was poorly coached. It was good for us, but how could they not foul Myles the few times he touched the ball when they had cut the lead to 7 or 9? Very bad coaching on their part.

They did not look like a good team at all. I will give our defense some of the credit, but some of their players looked like they could not even dribble the ball.

Best of Luck,
Groz

It looked like Stephen F. Austin was poorly coached. It was good for us, but how could they not foul Myles the few times he touched the ball when they had cut the lead to 7 or 9? Very bad coaching on their part.

They did not look like a good team at all. I will give our defense some of the credit, but some of their players looked like they could not even dribble the ball.

Best of Luck,
Groz

when Myles missed a bunch of shots and they were creeping back in a little, I was thinking why not hack a shaq

So we played our best game of the year and they played bad?

Dude your team isn’t that good. Stop it
Stop praising your opponent? Do you want him to say, "Rutgers isn't very good but we are worse"? What is there to complain about? The line that us losing to the Bonnie's was bad timing for SFA? People say that sort of thing all the time when an opponent of ours loses before they play us.

Nice comments about Pike and he’s right. I think maybe our defense came to play last night. I saw Jacob young’s next level defense for the first time and if other guys can follow him and Montez, that’s the level we need to be at.

Nice comments about Pike and he’s right. I think maybe our defense came to play last night. I saw Jacob young’s next level defense for the first time and if other guys can follow him and Montez, that’s the level we need to be at.
Some people just cannot see or understand the importance of Defense. I’m glad Pike does and agree with your comments

Reactions: MV9000
Defense was a game changer. Outside of cleaning up the offensive rebounds SFA got we looked like we are ready to make big strides there. We also closed out the 3.

Someone needs to give myles a lesson on not swiping at every shot. Hes big enough going straight up will work against a lot of his matchups.

Defense was a game changer. Outside of cleaning up the offensive rebounds SFA got we looked like we are ready to make big strides there. We also closed out the 3.

Someone needs to give myles a lesson on not swiping at every shot. Hes big enough going straight up will work against a lot of his matchups.

We were MUCH MUCH better closing out on the 3. Obviously the 11 3 point attempts is telling. There were a few times where we were slow to close out, but I am looking for perfection.

Myles is doing great on the defensive end. He is our shot blocker and he isn't going to get every decision (block or not to block) right.

Reactions: MV9000
Green only believes what Kenpom tells him. He normally likes defensive teams and was rather shocked he thought SFA was not very good. Anyone with2 eyes could tell they were extremely athletic and played great defense but just turned the ball over for long stretches of the night , partly due to Rutgers defense. I guess his friend Kenpom will adjust that 263 ranking for SfA before tonight’s game. What a gutsy tough win they had at Duke tonight. Not only did they break the 19 year , 150 game non conference winning streak for Duke at Cameron , they played 8 on 5 for a portion of that game , including the phantom foul that gave Duke 2 late foul shots . What a fantastic win and it was no fluke.

Green only believes what Kenpom tells him. He normally likes defensive teams and was rather shocked he thought SFA was not very good. Anyone with2 eyes could tell they were extremely athletic and played great defense but just turned the ball over for long stretches of the night , partly due to Rutgers defense. I guess his friend Kenpom will adjust that 263 ranking for SfA before tonight’s game. What a gutsy tough win they had at Duke tonight. Not only did they break the 19 year , 150 game non conference winning streak for Duke at Cameron , they played 8 on 5 for a portion of that game , including the phantom foul that gave Duke 2 late foul shots . What a fantastic win and it was no fluke.
They are all the way up to No. 222 for now.

Of course they could have a Duke/Thanksgiving hangover and lose at Arkansas State on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT