ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite and Least Favorite replies on this board

There is a lot going on with EVs that interests quite a few piaters..

Not really.
What do you have against lawn care and drinking? You could actually combine those two and be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said x months ago that somebody should start a thread about people’s favorite and least favorite replies 😐.

Guys, let's leave the attacks on the EV thread and the CE board out of this thread.

Favorite: travel and food recommendations from other board members, who often generously take the time to offer detailed reviews. Also, this year’s edition of RutgersAl - his team analysis and use of data is far superior than anything found mainstream media.

Least Favorite: disparaging phrases about Rutgers, like ”Rutgers gonna Rutgers” and “same old Rutgers” or my least favorite “We can’t have nice things” as if every other university or life in general is without flaws. Just read The Chronicle of Higher Education and you will see scandal after scandal and multiple problems at our nation’s top universities, even among the Ivies. It’s part of the self-hating culture in the NY metro area, and by the way, the RU Screw died a few years ago after we were selected to join the Big 10.

Scarlet Jerry

Reactions: hoquat63
People are real)y complaining about the EV thread ...lol. Just don't read it.

Reactions: Kbee3
"So True"

....easily THE worst post in the history of the boards and it's been made, I'd guess, 5K+ times (by the same poster).

• Haha
Reactions: Jm0513
People are really complaining about the EV thread ...lol. Just don't read it.
I peek every now and then just to see if there is any new info on the industry.

Love the look of the Tesla S but just a tad too rich for my blood right now.

Reactions: fsg2
I peek every now and then just to see if there is any new info on the industry.

Love the look of the Tesla S but just a tad too rich for my blood right now.

I tried to talk my wife into an EV as our second car.

Already had a 2017 Pilot for long trips.
Daily milage is less than 5 - driving kids to and from school.
Weekend is usually less than a 100 total if going to my parents house or not.

Instead we got a 2022 GMC Yukon.

I tried to talk my wife into an EV as our second car.

Already had a 2017 Pilot for long trips.
Daily milage is less than 5 - driving kids to and from school.
Weekend is usually less than a 100 total if going to my parents house or not.

Instead we got a 2022 GMC Yukon.
Yep, an EV would actually be pretty perfect for you guys given your driving needs since you already have the Pilot for long road trips.

The Yukon is kind of the opposite in terms of energy costs for the vehicle, but there's no denying that big SUVs are great to own.

Reactions: NickRU714
Well, I didn't reread the thread, but somehow, this one escaped me when I listed least favorites..."I am better fan than you because I (fill in the blank). That other thread is getting ridiculous.

Well, I didn't reread the thread, but somehow, this one escaped me when I listed least favorites..."I am better fan than you because I (fill in the blank). That other thread is getting ridiculous.
Agree- there is a difference between calling out a troll and trying to compare who is the bigger fan of the team.
Just because someone disagrees- it doesnt make them less than a fan...

Least favorite is when someone cherry picks one minor element of your post to criticize, while ignoring the overall point being made.

• Haha
Reactions: yesrutgers01
Reading through posts here, you tend to see the same replies over and over. I was wondering if anyone has favorites, or has replies that drive you nuts. I will give two examples of each, and we'll see how long this goes before someone says something awful to a specific poster and gets it locked. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Favorites:
Spanky "Oh boy"-It brings me so much joy. Not even sure why.
Gina Carano lip bite-What can I say, I'm a guy.

Least Favorites:
"Who?" any time a post about someone who used to be here is made. You definitely know who. This reaction is tired.
"I said this x months ago..." to prove you knew before everyone else. Why the need to self promote, like there are points here?
You essentially provided a least-favorite example.. "in before it gets locked"

Reactions: Doctor Worm
But it COULD mean they are not really a fan. Trusting that everyone here is an actual fan is going too far.
Yeah but why should we care if someone is a fan or not, or "how much of a fan", whatever that means, they are?

We get visitors who are fans of other teams from other schools and, IMO, that's a good thing. It makes things more interesting to see perspectives from outside the box. They are not fans of our program at all, but if they appear here with regularity, then they are probably fans of our little online community.

I don't really care if people here are fans or not fans. If they're contributing to the entertainment and aren't just pure internet trolls out to disrupt, then the more viewpoints, the more varied the opinions, the merrier.

The last thing we want is an echo chamber which is massively boring and lame.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Yeah but why should we care if someone is a fan or not, or "how much of a fan", whatever that means, they are?

We get visitors who are fans of other teams from other schools and, IMO, that's a good thing. It makes things more interesting to see perspectives from outside the box. They are not fans of our program at all, but if they appear here with regularity, then they are probably fans of our little online community.

I don't really care if people here are fans or not fans. If they're contributing to the entertainment and aren't just pure internet trolls out to disrupt, then the more viewpoints, the more varied the opinions, the merrier.

The last thing we want is an echo chamber which is massively boring and lame.

Fans from other schools or trolls? Fans, prime example would be @Southern Gentleman , should be welcomed. Trolls, not so much .

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
Fans from other schools or trolls? Fans, prime example would be @Southern Gentleman , should be welcomed. Trolls, not so much .
Yeah, SG is a perfect example. But there are others, we get a steady stream and not all of them are long-term or constant participants. But they don't come to rile people up - just to engage now and then. All good stuff.

We actually don't get very many actual trolls, unless they've been booted from the forum before I notice them. Most are pretty easily identifiable having joined very recently with very low post counts.

We do seem to have a small handful of long-term trolls who don't appear to come here for any reason but to inflame. Doubt they're fans of anything in life.

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT