ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite RU Dunk of the Season

Three stick out in my mind.

1. Harper alley oop because of the pure craziness of the entire play.
2. Baker dunk against Indiana as it was a statement we are here
3. Young dunk over Haarmes. Who doesn't like a Prius dunking on a runaway dump truck.

If I watch them all 10 times I will probably have 10 different reactions and orders. But I have to go with the Geo dunk.

Loved every one of them. Realize now the RHJ dunk is probably underrated because he made it look so easy. The other 3 were statement dunks at big moments.

For me, the top two are D and B. I'll pick D slightly, just because of how important that play was to our season ending on a high note.

Baker's dunk was POWER and the final nail in the coffin for Indiana.

C was a great dunk but we were up 20, it could've clanged out to midcourt and it would not have affected the outcome.

Same with A, awesome play but it lacked the power of the other three and was very early in the game. It set a tone that we meant business that day.

Reactions: shields
More than the dunks themselves, is the reaction of the announcers that is priceless. Young's dunk caught the announcers speechless. All they could do is make sounds. It took them a second to find the words to describe the play. Barker's dunk caused the announcer to get a hard-on with "Baker with the hammer." Mathis' dunk should have gotten a bigger reaction, but the announcers tried hard to remain cool. The announcers for Harper's dunk was underwhelming because the crowds' excitement drowned them out.

D, B, C, A.

D got us into the tournament, IMO.

they were all important to get us to the tournament, but D and C were the most important in getting us the 2 big wins at the end of the year to stamp out ticket.

All great but in retrospect, Young's by far!!! None close. Got RU in the tourney, the huge road win, the exclamation point for our season, sadly the end of the season, the underdog RU team highlight reel dunking on a giant, and for Purdue, probably ended their tourney hopes and Haarms transferring.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Harper - for most humans, that pass sails over his head. For him to go that high to catch it and flush it was insane.

Geo - IMOP the most exciting play of the season.

Mathis - revenge is sweet - 2nd time in his career he posterized Smith and made UM coach rethink decision not to recruit him.

Young - after nearly costing us the game in regulation with a poor box out and foul, totally redeems himself with a play for the ages.

So yeah, love them all. And agree the play where 4 different guys touch the ball ahead of the alley oop slam is the best possession of the season.

Legit question

Anyone have a way to know how many dunks we had on the season

Bet it was close to a hundred ...

And I remember how in 2018-2019 we kept trying ally-oops early in games with putrid results. The players just kept forcing them up. Much better results this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT