ADVERTISEMENT

OT: World track and field championships

newell138

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Ocean City NJ via South Brunswick and Denville
Anyone watching? So far the US is doing very well 4 days in. First time being held on US soil
A few NJ alums competing and 1 already with a 3rd in the men’s shot put as US swept all 3 medals Josh AWOTUNDE who is a Delsea HS alum hit a PR to secure the bronze
Sydney McLaughlin from Union Catholic is a favorite in the 400 hurdles after breaking the world record last month
Athing Mu from Trenton also a favorite in the 800

Reactions: ashokan
I saw a bunch of races
I like track and lettered in it
Every year its often the second most participated in high school sport after football
Sometimes basketball is second

Reactions: newell138
Sydney McLaughlin just SHATTERED the world
Record by about a second. 50.68 in the 400 hurdles.
Was debating two weeks ago with a veteran track writer (whose daughter ran at Baylor) that McLaughlin would be favored to win the open quarter if she ran it. Even more convinced now than I was then.

Was debating two weeks ago with a veteran track writer (whose daughter ran at Baylor) that McLaughlin would be favored to win the open quarter if she ran it. Even more convinced now than I was then.
She absolutely would, so would the other Jersey girl, Athing Mu. I’m sure one of them will anchor the 4x4

#10 on ESPN top 10?!? Shameful when you see what the top 9 were

Last edited:
She absolutely would, so would the other Jersey girl, Athing Mu. I’m sure one of them will anchor the 4x4

#10 on ESPN top 10?!? Shameful when you see what the top 9 were
I thought I heard the commentator say that her coach said that now that she is the World Champion, Olympic Champion, and World Record holder in the 400m hurdles, that she may focus on the open 400 meters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT