ADVERTISEMENT

Florida halts football program...Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I made no political comments in this thread.
source.gif

Me as well. I was under the assumption that the CE board was back to help accommodate people who wants to more freely and frequently attack their fellow RU fans in threads that devolve like this one.
There aren’t enough liberals on the CE board so they have to attack them on the sports board. They have a yearning for a fight.

OK Donald. I guess wearing a mask and avoiding large gatherings is “running your life”. You are as dumb as a box of rocks.
Do you support the BLM protests/riots ? How about murphy breaking his own EO's and marching shoulder to shoulder with others in a protest two times ? How F'in stupid and scared are you? PUSSY!

If everyone in the stands are wearing masks what's the problem ?
murphy can do it twice in one day while protesting so why can't football fans ? These leftist don't want to remember their own actions and the actions of those who they agree with.

RU#'s, you can't have an intelligent discussion with people like this. They drank the kool aid.
You would know about kool aid since your age has not taken you past the age of 8 . The kool aid drinkers are the people believing in all the BS numbers and so-called science . Get on with your life and go out to play kick ball with your friends . Your mommy and daddy would like to see you get some FRESH AIR .

Do you support the BLM protests/riots ? How about murphy breaking his own EO's and marching shoulder to shoulder with others in a protest two times ? How F'in stupid and scared are you? PUSSY!

I love how you dumb assholes constantly paint people with a strict black and white brush. Do I support peoples right to protest, sure I do though I will qualify that one by saying not during a damn pandemic. And I don’t support thousands of fans at games during a pandemic either. You want to play the games then dispense with the fans for now. Do I support riots, absolutely not. Do I support police and law enforcement, absolutely. Do I support racist cops and politicians, no way. But you f’in morons think it’s either/or and do not realize that things are more complex than they appear including vaccine science, virology, and epidemiology not to mention race relations. I guess that Trump University degree is serving you well Donald.

Who cares about cases? How many are getting sick? They are closing in on herd immunity and any positives cases are very mild.

Sweden played the long game and won.
Sweden, after staying relatively open were one of the worst examples early on, then became a very interesting example over the summer in that they barely saw a spread despite being more open then most other countries, but I'm not sure they will continue to carry the torch of an open economy success story into the fall and winter.

I think the rise in cases on the other side of the fall equinox points to their good #'s over the summer being the result of behavior, ie being outside and social distancing, as well as geography in that they have long summer days. Not because of herd immunity. Now with their long winter nights coming outdoor activities is going to be at a minimum.

As per cases vs sick, we've seen multiple times in multiple locations around the world that, as cases increase hospitalizations soon follow, and deaths follow after that. The same will happen in Sweden if they don't get the spread under control.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg2020
And here's the kind of realistic scientific post we're missing by not having a COVID thread any more. This one's fairly upbeat and will hopefully dispel some fears that people might have about reinfection risks (I always tried to be balanced in my COVID posts).

Lots of concern being expressed about SARS-CoV-2 reinfection risks, especially with the recent case of an 89-year old patient being reinfected and dying. As per my note on this from about 6 weeks ago, linked below, reinfection was always expected to happen sooner or later and while any death is tragic, reinfection rates still look to be negligible and most who have been reinfected had minor cases and we're not seeing any unusual viral mutations going on out in the population.

The vast majority of people who have recovered from COVID should be immune to reinfection for at least 6-12 months (5-7 months demonstrated already) and likely longer, based on data we've seen so far and most experts expect that kind of immunity or longer for vaccines, although it's possible that an effective vaccine may need to be given every few years, which I'm sure most of us could live with.

As Derek Lowe said in his blog entry on this today - like he did yesterday about the holds on two vaccines and the Lilly antibody - don't panic. Here's an informative excerpt from his blog today...

𝗦𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘄, 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗺𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗲𝘀, 𝗿𝗲-𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲. 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁’𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗲. 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲’𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁’𝘀 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵. 𝗪𝗲’𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝘂𝗴𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝘃𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 – 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁’𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗸𝗲𝘆 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀. 𝗗𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗯𝗼𝗱𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗿𝘂𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁’𝘀 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝘃𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲. 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗰𝘂𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗿𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀, 𝘄𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘀 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 (𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲!)

𝗠𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗲𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁, 𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘀𝘂𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘃𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗻𝗲𝘂𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗯𝗼𝗱𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗽𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻, 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗮 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗲-𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗱-𝘁𝘆𝗽𝗲-𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗻𝗼𝘄, 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗽𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹. 𝗡𝗼𝘄, 𝘄𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘃𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁, 𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘃𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 – 𝘄𝗲’𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗮 𝗻𝗼𝘄 – 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲’𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱. 𝗡𝗼 𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗰 𝗻𝗲𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘄.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/10/14/immunity-and-re-infection

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...es-interventions-and-more.198855/post-4680066
Ummm, the Official Covid thread is on the resurrected CE Board where it should be, and should've been all along. #Political99%

Reactions: MulletCork
Ummm, the Official Covid thread is on the resurrected CE Board where it should be, and should've been all along. #Politics
Actually I think strictly speaking it should be on the free board.

But people on both sides are completely incapable of a sensible discussion, and an important topic such as covid devolves into the name calling garbage we see above.

But people on both sides are completely incapable of a sensible discussion, and an important topic such as covid devolves into the name calling garbage we see above.
Agreed--but it has been so hyper-politicized in the public domain re: election year that it is impossible for it to not carry over to any discussions in any venue.

To be fair, we are from our have some connection to Jersey some level of name calling is to be expected. 😀

Agreed--but it has been so hyper-politicized in the public domain re: election year that it is impossible for it to not carry over to any discussions in any venue.
It's not impossible at all. But if people are intent on interjecting one sided political quips complete with name calling and other insults, and the moderators are not willing to stop then, then yeah, it's not going to happen.

There aren’t enough liberals on the CE board so they have to attack them on the sports board. They have a yearning for a fight.

It's almost like the board liberals won't waste their money to argue with people paid to post their views.

If I want to laugh at people who believed in "unmasking" there's free places all over the internet.

The CE refugees, as always, ruined everything with their horrid behavior.

It's not impossible at all. But if people are intent on interjecting one sided political quips complete with name calling and other insults, and the moderators are not willing to stop then, then yeah, it's not going to happen.
I don't know if the TKR Board Mods are supposed to be or paid to be as actively involved in that level of monitoring.

The CE board is bizarre. Bunch of old white dudes, led by the mods, spamming crazy right wing Twitter nonsense and talking about how racism doesn’t exist. Echo chamber of about 10 people. It’s super weird and the Covid discussion is a waste of time because every reply is just a far right neckbeard response.

If they are not stopping board members from calling other board members "morons", "assholes" and "pussies" then what are they here for?

They have a very important job- to allow posters who advance the political views in line with the moderators to be able to post lies and paid-for content without the interference of actual RU alums who may not share those political views.

This is why the CE board was reopened. These people are in coordination with the moderators.

I don't think anyone- surely not even the moderators themselves- would argue the rules are applied evenly, or that certain posters have been told the rules don't apply to them, or that the moderators aren't part of email chains off the board that help coordinate which posters who have views outside of groupthink should be subject to bannings.

Take a look, for example, at how thread titles are edited and which posters get edited, for one example.

They only kick out liberals.

They had a lot of tactics once Rivals stepped in and forced a shut down of the board:

- Go to TOS, and then TOS shut down the board out of embarrassment over the bigotry

- Create a board on another site, which those with opposing viewpoints refused to join

- Get the mods here to set up a premium CE board, which now is just the same 5-6 posters shouting into an echo chamber, and paying to do so

The CE board is bizarre. Bunch of old white dudes, led by the mods, spamming crazy right wing Twitter nonsense and talking about how racism doesn’t exist. Echo chamber of about 10 people. It’s super weird and the Covid discussion is a waste of time because every reply is just a far right neckbeard response.

The irony is half the the threads are now buttressing a confirmed Russian disinformation campaign that is so obvious Twitter and Facebook banned people from spreading it.

Now the same handful of dudes PAY to share Russian disinformation unabated.

Reactions: Kbee3 and Greg2020
The irony is half the the threads are now buttressing a confirmed Russian disinformation campaign that is so obvious Twitter and Facebook banned people from spreading it.

It’s a mental illness. They get a rush trolling, posting and arguing with strangers in the internet. The one really weird thing is that you can do it for free all over the internet, and with a much larger audience.

These people pay to do this with a very small group of people 😂

If they are not stopping board members from calling other board members "morons", "assholes" and "pussies" then what are they here for?
That's fair, no reason personal insults--particularly vulgar insults--should be tolerated. But they have been on the CE , at least since I got dragged over to it 4-5 years ago when the mods moved an "OT" Football thread to CE.

It was getting crazy before they got rid of the CE board last time. Not worth the time posting.

It's #Rusher2.0!!!![roll][roll][roll][roll]

The campaign acknowledged, however, that while no official meeting between then-Vice President Joe Biden and the executive at Burisma Holdings took place, they could not rule out an informal meeting between the two.
#OOOPS

It’s a mental illness. They get a rush trolling, posting and arguing with strangers in the internet. The one really weird thing is that you can do it for free all over the internet, and with a much larger audience.

These people pay to do this with a very small group of people 😂
So true, it’s a mental illness.

Ummm, the Official Covid thread is on the resurrected CE Board where it should be, and should've been all along. #Political99%
Are you actually trying to claim that that post on reinfection is political? It's purely scientific and we could have a purely scientific COVID thread on this board that would provide useful information, with just a bit of moderation. The people interested in the actual science associated with COVID are not on the CE board, so any threads there are simply for yelling at each other.

---for the lock down police---shut downing everything BUT essential services is what I and many considered was a "complete" lockdown--please note the ""s--I know some of you policing define "complete" lockdown as locking yourself in your basement without food or bottled water

Reactions: bac2therac
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT