ADVERTISEMENT

Florida halts football program...Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweden is doing excellent right now

The data say otherwise, as cases have gone up by 3-4X since their low in early September, which means deaths will follow soon, as they always do (albeit at lower rates, like we saw here, which were about half what was seen in wave 1, given younger patients and improved procedures/treatments). And of course, they're still in the top 10% of countries with regard to deaths per capita at 585/1MM - which also happens to be about 10X more than their similarly situated (ethnically, culturally, and with regard to population density) Nordic neighbors, Norway and Finland which each have around 50-60 deaths/1MM. So maybe not doing so well after all.

3tRZXiY.png

But you will pay to get humiliated on the premium board ...so who's really winning that one, slick?
If you say so shorty LOL.

On the other hand, amazing how quickly you can humiliate yourself on this Board--and funny as all hell. Hit me up when that $12 annual deal is offered again...I'll pay for your subscription to laugh at you there too.

Nick Saban and the Alabama AD have tested positive. Isn't Alabama supposed to play Georgia this weekend? I don't see how the B1G is going to complete a nine game schedule with no extra weeks to reschedule games.

B1G states have generally taken a more responsible approach to dealing with Covid versus a comparative free for all in SEC land, so that may help get the B1G through without many problems...but it will be tough. Where are all the SEC bros who felt the conference was impervious to the disease and shutdowns? WHOOPS!!

Reactions: Greg2020
ru1234567 or whatever you call yourself,--you are nothing but a guy with an agenda who is full of poo poo and himself --if someone says it's sad how lives have been destroyed by "complete" lock downs and how poverty levels have more than doubled with compete lock downs, as indicated by the WHO , you say they are clueless and bring up your BS about what the US has done wrong--really-- do you have some kind of inferiority complex that you have to spout off long bloated paragraphs on this board to show how "smart" you think you are? you are a typical full of ---it jerk
Yes, of course I have an agenda and have had one since mid-February when the enormity of what was going to hit us really dawned on me - that agenda has been to try to implore people to follow the science and take the appropriate precautions so they don't get sick and possibly die and don't get others sick. Almost every prediction of mine since then has been pretty close to what actually happened - I can list them if you like.

It kills me to see people like you and many others continuing to downplay the risks from this pandemic and to see many of you (not sure if you - I don't follow each person that closely) ignoring masking and distancing and thinking we should just let everyone get infected since "it's not that bad" and thinking we're not that far from herd immunity, which is very unlikely to be true. And I bring up what other countries have done so much better to try to illustrate that this virus can be largely contained with the right tools and behaviors. Imagine if we had simply done as well as Germany - we'd only have about 35-40K deaths with a near cure on our doorstep (antibody cocktails) and vaccines a couple of months away. Would you not have preferred that?

gXDCRfs.png

Are you actually this stupid or are you being paid to troll? Asking for a friend.
What is stupid is the BS fearmongering coming from you and others. You are the board ass. I suggest moving on with your life. The science you keep pulling out of your pie hole is proven WRONG almost every day. Now join us who are not afraid of this little bug or crawl back under your bed , don't bump your head or forget your face diaper. JACKASS.

[

It verifiably is not.

We'd love to move on with our lives. You know what makes that quicker? When people do basic things like not packing into a stadium 90K strong.
It is simple to handle. You don't have to go to the game and if you know anybody who has avoid them if you feel unsafe. Easy enough ? NOW go back under your bed. Do you wear a face diaper when hugging the floor under your bed ?

It is simple to handle. You don't have to go to the game and if you know anybody who has avoid them if you feel unsafe. Easy enough ? NOW go back under your bed. Do you wear a face diaper when hugging the floor under your bed ?

How are pandemics this perplexing to you at this point?

Reactions: Kbee3 and Greg2020
There was never a complete lockdown in this country.

True.

Haven't even seen the top level US lockdown since May. No idea why people keep complaining that lockdowns are destroying everything they hold dear.

Just not afraid and not letting it run my life. Are you ? Never mind I know you are.

No, but it has an impact regardless. Halloween is pretty much canceled for kids this year because the "adults" around the country can't get their sh÷t together and avoid being self-centered wastes of oxygen.

Strap your mask on tighter so we can't hear you!

No, but it has an impact regardless. Halloween is pretty much canceled for kids this year because the "adults" around the country can't get their sh÷t together and avoid being self-centered wastes of oxygen.

Strap your mask on tighter so we can't hear you!
Mask . I told you I don't wear one and they are not required at work. And Halloween is not cancelled . That is coming from your hero the murph.

All the Big Ten Presidents, ADs and Football head coaches should be fired if the Big Ten has bad Covid-19 problems.

I think they made a bad move. They had all the info and still opted to play. They better be right.
100 percent agree.
They decided not to play and then came back with another plan . Plan better work

Mask . I told you I don't wear one and they are not required at work. And Halloween is not cancelled . That is coming from your hero the murph.

Nah, don't live in NJ. Just had a local event canceled because of high numbers. The event was organized because people will not be trick-or-treating this year ...because of high numbers.

High numbers ..they're the fault of you and those like you.

Fail on your part!

Nah, don't live in NJ. Just had a local event canceled because of high numbers. The event was organized because people will not be trick-or-treating this year ...because of high numbers.

High numbers ..they're the fault of you and those like you.

Fail on your part!
No fail. My Halloween with family and friends will go on with trick or treating and partying . YA see it is my birthday that day SO I WIN ! So how do you squeeze under your bed ?

No fail. My Halloween with family and friends will go on with trick or treating and partying . YA see it is my birthday that day SO I WIN ! So how do you squeeze under your bed ?

So you're turning 84?

Will you drop out of your wheelchair and crawl around on your hands like some kind of hellbeast? That would be win.

So you're turning 84?

Will you drop out of your wheelchair and crawl around on your hands like some kind of hellbeast? That would be win.
96 1/2. At my age you count half years. My friend having the party has a rule, NO face diapers . He and his wife invited 63 people . all but 2 will be there . They are getting a keg of a great Jersey beer and we will be BBQing . I would invite you, but fear runs your life now so I can't but you will be in my thoughts , prayers and laughs that day .Time for you to get ready for bed . Did you wash your face diaper today?

ru1234567 or whatever you call yourself,--you are nothing but a guy with an agenda who is full of poo poo and himself --if someone says it's sad how lives have been destroyed by "complete" lock downs and how poverty levels have more than doubled with compete lock downs, as indicated by the WHO , you say they are clueless and bring up your BS about what the US has done wrong--really-- do you have some kind of inferiority complex that you have to spout off long bloated paragraphs on this board to show how "smart" you think you are? you are a typical full of ---it jerk
Big whiff here. But then again you love Michael Kay.

@RU Cheese

96 1/2. At my age you count half years. My friend having the party has a rule, NO face diapers . He and his wife invited 63 people . all but 2 will be there . They are getting a keg of a great Jersey beer and we will be BBQing . I would invite you, but fear runs your life now so I can't but you will be in my thoughts , prayers and laughs that day .Time for you to get ready for bed . Did you wash your face diaper today?
You have to be 96.5 if you need 60 people to finish one keg of beer. Lightweight.

The data say otherwise, as cases have gone up by 3-4X since their low in early September, which means deaths will follow soon, as they always do (albeit at lower rates, like we saw here, which were about half what was seen in wave 1, given younger patients and improved procedures/treatments). And of course, they're still in the top 10% of countries with regard to deaths per capita at 585/1MM - which also happens to be about 10X more than their similarly situated (ethnically, culturally, and with regard to population density) Nordic neighbors, Norway and Finland which each have around 50-60 deaths/1MM. So maybe not doing so well after all.

3tRZXiY.png

RU#'s - that is so mean spirited of you, confronting "bac" with the facts. He would much rather live in his made up bizarro world where he can pretend the fake news is real.

Yes, of course I have an agenda and have had one since mid-February when the enormity of what was going to hit us really dawned on me - that agenda has been to try to implore people to follow the science and take the appropriate precautions so they don't get sick and possibly die and don't get others sick. Almost every prediction of mine since then has been pretty close to what actually happened - I can list them if you like.

It kills me to see people like you and many others continuing to downplay the risks from this pandemic and to see many of you (not sure if you - I don't follow each person that closely) ignoring masking and distancing and thinking we should just let everyone get infected since "it's not that bad" and thinking we're not that far from herd immunity, which is very unlikely to be true. And I bring up what other countries have done so much better to try to illustrate that this virus can be largely contained with the right tools and behaviors. Imagine if we had simply done as well as Germany - we'd only have about 35-40K deaths with a near cure on our doorstep (antibody cocktails) and vaccines a couple of months away. Would you not have preferred that?

gXDCRfs.png
Your wacko agenda kept getting the Covid threads locked. Good job. Stop attacking other posters and put your politics aside.

#L

Up over 200% in cases since early Sept.
Who cares about cases? How many are getting sick? They are closing in on herd immunity and any positives cases are very mild.

Sweden played the long game and won.

Reactions: goru1869
Your wacko agenda kept getting the Covid threads locked. Good job. Stop attacking other posters and put your politics aside.

#L

Yeah, right. First COVID thread was going great until the CE board shut down and you and the rest of the CE board refugees starting trolling those threads - that's why they got locked and why the 24/7 experiment failed and why so many threads on this board get locked. Also, I made no political comments in this thread - just posted some facts.

And here's the kind of realistic scientific post we're missing by not having a COVID thread any more. This one's fairly upbeat and will hopefully dispel some fears that people might have about reinfection risks (I always tried to be balanced in my COVID posts).

Lots of concern being expressed about SARS-CoV-2 reinfection risks, especially with the recent case of an 89-year old patient being reinfected and dying. As per my note on this from about 6 weeks ago, linked below, reinfection was always expected to happen sooner or later and while any death is tragic, reinfection rates still look to be negligible and most who have been reinfected had minor cases and we're not seeing any unusual viral mutations going on out in the population.

The vast majority of people who have recovered from COVID should be immune to reinfection for at least 6-12 months (5-7 months demonstrated already) and likely longer, based on data we've seen so far and most experts expect that kind of immunity or longer for vaccines, although it's possible that an effective vaccine may need to be given every few years, which I'm sure most of us could live with.

As Derek Lowe said in his blog entry on this today - like he did yesterday about the holds on two vaccines and the Lilly antibody - don't panic. Here's an informative excerpt from his blog today...

𝗦𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘄, 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗺𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗲𝘀, 𝗿𝗲-𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲. 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁’𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗲. 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲’𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁’𝘀 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵. 𝗪𝗲’𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝘂𝗴𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝘃𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 – 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁’𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗸𝗲𝘆 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀. 𝗗𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗯𝗼𝗱𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗿𝘂𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁’𝘀 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝘃𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲. 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗰𝘂𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗿𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀, 𝘄𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘀 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 (𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲!)

𝗠𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗲𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁, 𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘀𝘂𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘃𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗻𝗲𝘂𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗯𝗼𝗱𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗽𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻, 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗮 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗲-𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗱-𝘁𝘆𝗽𝗲-𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗻𝗼𝘄, 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗽𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹. 𝗡𝗼𝘄, 𝘄𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘃𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁, 𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘃𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 – 𝘄𝗲’𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗮 𝗻𝗼𝘄 – 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲’𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱. 𝗡𝗼 𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗰 𝗻𝗲𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘄.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/10/14/immunity-and-re-infection

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...es-interventions-and-more.198855/post-4680066

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT