ADVERTISEMENT

Four Rutgers recruits currently on Rivals Top 150

Looking at Somerville’s highlights. And I understand he’s playing vs smaller kids… but he’s going to be a force inside. He likes contact. He will punish 4/5’s.

Reactions: Scarlet83 and Kbee3
Looking at Somerville’s highlights. And I understand he’s playing vs smaller kids… but he’s going to be a force inside. He likes contact. He will punish 4/5’s.
I don’t think we’ve ever had an athletic big with a feathery shooting touch like Somerville.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet83 and Kbee3
Although I'm betting he gets in foul trouble often on the road in our league, I'm convinced he'll be an important part of next year's team.

When was the last time we had a center with low post moves ?

I want to see more of Jeremiah but feeling cautiously better about the surrounding cast after Michigan. He looks like a distributor to me. And he, Simpson and Davis all play D so that would be a good backcourt neuclus on the defensive end to surround Dylan. Hopefully Simpson could buy into not looking to be the creator for one season.

Meanwhile - in the frontcourt report that there is a 25% chance of Cliff returning is interesting. That it’s not close to zero has to mean he doesn’t yet have a foot out the door. If we somehow retain him and Mag to surround Ace that would be great.

I’m feeling a bit less like we “need” a portal home run to pull off a special year. Need to see more of Jeremiah.

I want to see more of Jeremiah but feeling cautiously better about the surrounding cast after Michigan. He looks like a distributor to me. And he, Simpson and Davis all play D so that would be a good backcourt neuclus on the defensive end to surround Dylan. Hopefully Simpson could buy into not looking to be the creator for one season.

Meanwhile - in the frontcourt report that there is a 25% chance of Cliff returning is interesting. That it’s not close to zero has to mean he doesn’t yet have a foot out the door. If we somehow retain him and Mag to surround Ace that would be great.

I’m feeling a bit less like we “need” a portal home run to pull off a special year. Need to see more of Jeremiah.
Agree with this. The possibility of having veteran players Cliff, Mag, and JWill in the starting lineup with Ace and Dylan is like an RU dream team.

Then having a bench that includes Lathan, Grant, Gavin, Derek, JMike, Dortch , Woolf, and Ogbole is quite a formidable team, top to bottom.

Agree with this. The possibility of having veteran players Cliff, Mag, and JWill in the starting lineup with Ace and Dylan is like an RU dream team.

Then having a bench that includes Lathan, Grant, Gavin, Derek, JMike, Dortch , Woolf, and Ogbole is quite a formidable team, top to bottom.
JWill's size is also nice as Pike can kind of give DH the option to be the primary ball-handler. So I think next year it'll be either:

DH - JWill - Transfer SF - Mag - Cliff/Transfer C or Transfer PG - DH - JWill - Mag - Cliff/Transfer C

• Haha
Reactions: cshelley
Jesus whoops lol. Then I guess DH, JW, Bailey, Mag, Cliff hopefully. That's a pretty long, nasty defensive lineup, I'm just curious about Harper's preferences bringing the ball up, as he doesn't do it all the time at Don Bosco.

He is not the primary PG at Don Bosco. He could’ve gone to HS anywhere. If that was truly a priority to him he wouldn’t have stayed there - full stop. Pike uses all his guards for ball rotation - in that regard the Bosco offense looked similar and should be an easy transition.

Paul shared the role with Caleb (and then Derek later in the season). Caleb had the ball in his hands a ton running the perimeter offense. I’d expect that to be more Dylan’s role in terms of PG duties. He’ll help out but probably not be the primary guy responsible for breaking pressure - his job will be to get open and score.

It's not really relevant who brings the ball up court if they just pass it to Dylan once we are in the half court and he's the playmaker

I worry about spacing more than anything. Between Dylan, JWill, Ace Mag and Cliff, hypothetically, there isn’t a proven three-point shooter at the college level on the roster

It's not really relevant who brings the ball up court if they just pass it to Dylan once we are in the half court and he's the playmaker

At Bosco it seems like his role is to a) be a massive scoring threat and b) open others up because opponents have to focus on him. This then leaves Isiah Brown, who is more of a natural point (and also a D1 caliber player), responsible for running the offense by either feeding Dylan to take someone out in iso, finding someone else left wide open, or taking it himself.

Dylan is capable of putting up big numbers regardless, but for us to win the most games possible, I believe we need someone as good (on a relative basis) as Isiah Brown is relative to the opposition (and yes - even a MEAC caliber PG recruit is top notch talent going up against 5 kids from a typical high school - even a good one). Again - Steph Curry put up big numbers as a senior but his team missed the tourney. Davidson was a better team with someone else running the offense. I fear the same would be the case and worse - Dylan will be a frosh not a senior and he’s not playing in the Southern conference.

Last edited:
I worry about spacing more than anything. Between Dylan, JWill, Ace Mag and Cliff, hypothetically, there isn’t a proven three-point shooter at the college level on the roster
Really want a 3 and D guard or wing transfer

We need floor spacers around Dylan and Ace

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT