ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Four-Star WR/TE Korey Duff Jr. details commitment to Rutgers Football

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Last edited:
oh boy dunk GIF

Reactions: RUNYGDVLSFAN
Now although the New York native is committed, other schools are still poking around, but so far so good as he reassures fans he is happy with the Scarlet Knights.

“Oregon has been talking to me for some time and continue to reach out,” he said. “Miami is still keeping that relationship open and Florida State as well. Auburn just reached out to me earlier. I’m happy with Rutgers, I’m always going to hear people out and see what they have to say and if I like something and a visit comes up I might take that opportunity to do it.”

Is this a soft verbal for RU?

Now although the New York native is committed, other schools are still poking around, but so far so good as he reassures fans he is happy with the Scarlet Knights.

“Oregon has been talking to me for some time and continue to reach out,” he said. “Miami is still keeping that relationship open and Florida State as well. Auburn just reached out to me earlier. I’m happy with Rutgers, I’m always going to hear people out and see what they have to say and if I like something and a visit comes up I might take that opportunity to do it.”

Good pickup , in my opinion it’s a 50/50 chance he sticks, we shall see , when the NIL money starts getting thrown around things can change very quickly.

In a recent TKR podcast @Richard Schnyderite intimated that HC Schiano doesn't let commits take additional visits.
I may be reading too much into or misunderstanding but it sounded like HC Schiano pulls the scholarship if a commit goes on another visit.

Will be an interesting situation to follow.
Maybe Richie can clarify HC Schiano's stance on it considering Duff's comment.

"Yes I accept your job offer, but I'm still interviewing"

In a recent TKR podcast @Richard Schnyderite intimated that HC Schiano doesn't let commits take additional visits.
I may be reading too much into or misunderstanding but it sounded like HC Schiano pulls the scholarship if a commit goes on another visit.

That is his rule, but for higher ranked commitments that rule could be altered a bit.

Maybe Richie can clarify HC Schiano's stance on ri

right, which is why we get so many FCS ‘talents’ with no other high major visit options.

They're all soft verbals now.

Nice get if he stays, but that quote does seem like this is a commit you list in pencil and not pen.

Following that good ole Coach Flood method. Worked out well for him

I see a lot of the recent recruits are multi positional players with "TE" in there. I assume some will be OL. Maybe a few actually are TE. That is a position we haven't really seen production from in over 10 years. Would be nice to see again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT