ADVERTISEMENT

Fran Dunphy throws shade at Pen St

RU is about an hour from Philly.

Pen St is around 3 hours away.

Why do Philly area folk focus so much on Pen St and not RU?

I would never think people in Philly would root or be more interested in Rutgers over psu. They’re both in Pennsylvania and I would expect Philly to cover in-state teams a lot more. My bigger issue is actually the lack of Rutgers coverage in South Jersey. I’m from down there and before I went to Rutgers, I wasn’t as big into college sports as I am now and casually cheered for psu (makes me sick now thinking that) and other Philly schools because they were on tv and Rutgers never was. We have a hard enough time with North Jersey, but South Jersey may as well be another state with how disconnected they are with Rutgers.

I would never think people in Philly would root or be more interested in Rutgers over psu. They’re both in Pennsylvania and I would expect Philly to cover in-state teams a lot more. My bigger issue is actually the lack of Rutgers coverage in South Jersey. I’m from down there and before I went to Rutgers, I wasn’t as big into college sports as I am now and casually cheered for psu (makes me sick now thinking that) and other Philly schools because they were on tv and Rutgers never was. We have a hard enough time with North Jersey, but South Jersey may as well be another state with how disconnected they are with Rutgers.

So 3 hours away is easier and better than 1 hour?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT