ADVERTISEMENT

Fred Hansard tweet

Went down for the Homecoming Game against RU in 1979 or thereabouts. Fun time for us and a humiliating loss for them. They were just adding more seats (107,000) and had something like 95,000 for the game.
Went on the field after and it was like shaggy artificial turf with longer strands, almost like grass. Couldn't find a place to eat after the team celebration, every place was Orange and packed. All you saw on the highway from Nashville were burnt Orange RV' s in all sizes. Nice stadium.

bv7W2x3.gif

hillary5.jpg

Wonder how @SouthernGentleman feels about the former first lady of Arkansas sporting the Vols colors.

Just passing fancies.

040615_hillary-clinton-caps.jpg

Count on seeing her wear Buckeye and Gator jerseys before the midpoint of the season.

Football is everything in Tennessee it's not entertainment like so many consider it here. Tennessee fans are all in emotionally physically and most importantly financially. That's what it takes to get to the top.
That and cheating.

That and cheating.
Sounds like yet another Rutgers fan's excuse but hey it's your opinion your entitled to it. Butch is getting it done for all the reasons I said above. Any proof of cheating? I wish it was the case here at RU but it's just entertainment for far to many of our glorious fan base.

Sounds like yet another Rutgers fan's excuse but hey it's your opinion your entitled to it. Butch is getting it done for all the reasons I said above. Any proof of cheating? I wish it was the case here at RU but it's just entertainment for far to many of our glorious fan base.

If you want Rutgers to emulate another athletic program, Tennessee and it's cesspool of morally corrupt individuals would be one of the last you should choose. But keep banging that drum of yours. Here's some nice reading material for you to ponder and I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg.

http://www.si.com/college-football/...ent-title-ix-lawsuit-dave-hart-peyton-manning

Reactions: Knight Shift
If you want Rutgers to emulate another athletic program, Tennessee and it's cesspool of morally corrupt individuals would be one of the last you should choose. But keep banging that drum of yours. Here's some nice reading material for you to ponder and I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg.

http://www.si.com/college-football/...ent-title-ix-lawsuit-dave-hart-peyton-manning

Tennessee is a cesspool and will have violations looming. Chris as usual is out of touch with reality.

Tennessee is a cesspool and will have violations looming. Chris as usual is out of touch with reality.
can you please explain what you mean with me being out of touch? Do the volunteers not spend what it takes to compete on the highest level? Since your in the mood of reading won't you look at the Vols spending on football and what they pay their coaching staff. I'm sure it's very close to what the rest of the top schools in the country pay to be successful. We are competing with Ohio state and Michigan and penn state. Very few recruits will pick us when they have those schools as options. Some will pick us as our 4 star OT but most won't until we have something similar. Hansard has visited RU a bunch of times and one trip to UT and it's the best trip ever. How am I out of touch with reality? Our new hot shot basketball coach who won big at stony brook is having a real tough time getting players so far. Why do you think that is? Is it because he is new? Not trying hard enough? Does not have a good staff? No it that he has the shitty rack to sell with blueprints to sell to recruits. He and his staff are working it hard but are once again looking for under recruited players to bring in. These men are not magicians they can't make the rack look new when it's older than me and prob you. Bottom line is $$$. You say cheating and bag men and I'm sure that's possible but Rutgers keeps losing at BBall because the lack of $$$$.

Last edited:
Reactions: BornAHawk12
can you please explain what you mean with me being out of touch? Do the volunteers not spend what it takes to compete on the highest level? Since your in the mood of reading won't you look at the Vols spending on football and what they pay their coaching staff. I'm sure it's very close to what the rest of the top schools in the country pay to be successful. We are competing with Ohio state and Michigan and penn state. Very few recruits will pick us when they have those schools as options. Some will pick us as our 4 star OT but most won't until we have something similar. Hansard has visited RU a bunch of times and one trip to UT and it's the best trip ever. How am I out of touch with reality?
They do things in a sleazy manner. Get it now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT