ADVERTISEMENT

Front page of star ledger had us

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
The Rutgers infractions story, above the fold. Unbelievable. And no I didn't buy it or will ever by that paper again. I never want to see a business go under, but I won't shed a tear if they do. This is yellow journalism.
Stop clicking on their affiliated website.

Well, it's a pretty big story. Why wouldn't they put that on the front page? Covering up and/or ignoring failed drug tests is a pretty big deal.

Since when do we live in a world where news stories should be ignored? It's a state University and the program was a complete mess on and off the field.

The Rutgers infractions story, above the fold. Unbelievable. And no I didn't buy it or will ever by that paper again. I never want to see a business go under, but I won't shed a tear if they do. This is yellow journalism.
How else would people know it happened if it wasn't in the news?

It wasn't a big enough story to warrant front page coverage. Would never happen in the Seattle Times whether UW or WSU....they are very supportive of both state universities.

Exactly . It's not about being supportive, but proper journalism. Dun dumb and sargeant hit it out of the park with this one. The clowns didn't even get quotes from flood or any other alleged offenders. Or didn't get inside sources.

And I bet any stories on UNC have been buried if they've been reported at all.

And is anyone surprised that this came out right before the Spring Game?

I don't want the local news to be shills for the program.

The only thing worse than cheating is cheating and losing.

Cheat your way not only to a losing season but also a years' long rebuild project. Get caught and torn apart in a heavily manufactured scandal. Years later, shoot yourself in the foot with heavy-handed, self-imposed sanctions.

Only Rutgers.

I don't want the local news to be shills for the program.

It's not about being shills for the program. It is about respectable journalism and being supportive of your state university. The media in NJ are neither. I met recently with some folks from the RU Foundation out here and they were surprised at the difference in media coverage in NJ towards RU relative to other schools and how negative it is towards RU. There should be pride in out state university whether it be athletics or academics.

Reactions: Jim_from_RU
It's not about being shills for the program. It is about respectable journalism and being supportive of your state university.
I would prefer news to be neutral, good or bad. So what were new stories with more NJ relevance yesterday to come out that would attract more readers?

And I bet any stories on UNC have been buried if they've been reported at all.)

Actually, you would be wrong. Dan Kane and a couple other investigative reporters from the Raleigh News Observer (newspaper) broke the story and have continued with followups. The fact that the state populace, legislators and NCAA have a so what attitude, is another matter.

Reactions: Local Shill
1.Elmer Flood
2.Julie "there is no video" Hermann
3.Barchi..
after that you can throw Pernetti and Kate Sweeny also as sprinkles on top for this NCAA mess.

Welcome to our messed up world where the media idiots can say what they want and when they want and how they want. Sheep just believe it and they are not help accountable. You see it every day.

Actually, you would be wrong. Dan Kane and a couple other investigative reporters from the Raleigh News Observer (newspaper) broke the story and have continued with followups. The fact that the state populace, legislators and NCAA have a so what attitude, is another matter.
Ummmmm.....we're talking about the Star Ledger, not newspapers in North Carolina.

I would prefer news to be neutral, good or bad. So what were new stories with more NJ relevance yesterday to come out that would attract more readers?

Then I think you just made my point....the reporting is not neutral. There is always a negative slant to reporting Rutgers related news. Even when it's positive news there seems to be a negative dig worked in sonewhere. Not to mention the blatant cases of misrepresenting and reporting some news stories.

It came out on nj.com on Thursday but they waited to post it in the paper on Saturday. Just got to love how they support us...lol

Then I think you just made my point....the reporting is not neutral. There is always a negative slant to reporting Rutgers related news. Even when it's positive news there seems to be a negative dig worked in sonewhere. Not to mention the blatant cases of misrepresenting and reporting some news stories.
I agree they go out if their way to be negative and they are definitely not RUs friend but how is this story anything but negative. We did it to ourselves (thanks Kyle).

Ummmmm.....we're talking about the Star Ledger, not newspapers in North Carolina.

Why would the Ledger report on a school scandal in North Carolina?????

You know you have a real problem when neither following the rules nor violating them equates to winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT