ADVERTISEMENT

Game 1. Iowa vs. LSU

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Should be interesting. Who do you think will win, who do you want to win?
7PM, ESPN.
Me, IOWA/IOWA.

Iowa off to fast start making 3 pointers and fast break layups.They lead 17-9.

LSU coming back strong .This will be a great game because of the star players on both teams,

Pick either team and you have a good bet.
But the B1G Iowa is who I'm rooting for
( Though I have a slight feeling for LSU because of rooting for them in football many years ago in the Paul Dietzel era many moons ago and remembering Pistol Pete played for their Men's Basketball team. I must root conference and the best player in College playing right now)

Iowa playing their usual efficient game. LSU still doesn't realize Aneesah Morrow is their best player, and the one to play through.

LSU used too much energy in the previous game.... especially Flaujae. They are gassed.

AND why is Mulkey putting such a burden on Van Lith to guard Caitlin when they said she's been sick prior to the game???

alot of bricks by LSU. Just not good enough this year. Iowa just better this year beside Clark than they were last year

Part of this lifeless performance by LSU might have to be placed on the distracting behavior of the coach, putting so much attention on the articles.

The team's frenetic pace of play caught up with them tonight.

Caitlin and Iowa had a score to settle and executed the plan. Kudos to them. The chemistry of their core was underestimated by a lot of analysts coming into this game.

Reactions: eso1989
Part of this lifeless performance by LSU might have to be placed on the distracting behavior of the coach, putting so much attention on the articles.

The team's frenetic pace of play caught up with them tonight.

Caitlin and Iowa had a score to settle and executed the plan. Kudos to them. The chemistry of their core was underestimated by a lot of analysts coming into this game.
I think LSU is used to the distractions on and off court and has an us against them type of attitude that helps their play.
Against Iowa stopping Clark wasn't going to happen,so Mulkey tried to make the other Iowa players be closely defended and ruin their game so Caitlin had to shoulder all the offensive load and possibly be forced into bad shots rather than sharing the ball because the others wern't making their shots .
As bac said the other players were better than last years squad and made their plays allowing Clark to have a field day the way she was defended.
LSU was/is a quicker rand stronger team, but didn't play up to that last night , giving Iowa the chance to play their game and Iowa took it and played the type of game that they play best, letting Clark do most of the work on offense and making the other team pay if they don't go all out to stop her

Part of Mulkeys strategy is to divert socisl media attention off her players even as she doesnt look at any social media herself supposedly. Apparently Angel endured alot....but with NIL and wanting to be in the spotlight as someone brash its all part of the game now.

Thankfully they lost, Karma's a bitch. Walk off the court during the national anthem, and then when you lose complain about racism while you earn 6 figures for playing a sport most people don't care about.

that is fake news...they did not walk off the court during the anthem.....there are too many conservative twitter accounts tweeting this...they were not on the court during the anthem but had gone in prior....apparently some lsu reporters have said that LSU teams in hoops and football generally are not out during the anthem

Mulkey is MAGA so its not an intentional thing where she is disrespecting the anthem. She answered a question about in the presser saying she did the routine they always do, perhaps it was played earlier. Its really not a big deal and not sure why all of conservative twitter is outraged today

Reactions: newell138
that is fake news...they did not walk off the court during the anthem.....there are too many conservative twitter accounts tweeting this...they were not on the court during the anthem but had gone in prior....apparently some lsu reporters have said that LSU teams in hoops and football generally are not out during the anthem

Mulkey is MAGA so its not an intentional thing where she is disrespecting the anthem. She answered a question about in the presser saying she did the routine they always do, perhaps it was played earlier. Its really not a big deal and not sure why all of conservative twitter is outraged today
Because in today's world, everyone, regardless of political persuasion, or anything else, has to be outraged and spread outrage all the time. Somethings are just what they are, not some sign of political or moral leanings or whatever folks get outraged about.

And anthem outrage is a thing - Arizona women's basketball used to be absent when the anthem was played (and I don't mean they ran off, it just was played while they were in the locker room) and the fans insisted, in letters, etc. that this was inappropriate. So now, they stand for an anthem and dash off the court immediately after. I'm still trying to figure what this "proves", but if it makes folks happy, its all good.

I think LSU is used to the distractions on and off court and has an us against them type of attitude that helps their play.
Against Iowa stopping Clark wasn't going to happen,so Mulkey tried to make the other Iowa players be closely defended and ruin their game so Caitlin had to shoulder all the offensive load and possibly be forced into bad shots rather than sharing the ball because the others wern't making their shots .
I don't know about that.

I say Kim may be used to distractions, but her players, not so much. They are the ones expending the energy to live up to woof tickets they put out there for what seems like every game. The UCLA game wore them out, for sure. They played that game at a break-neck pace...... both teams. I said to myself during that game, that it would be a plus for Iowa whoever was to win that game. Then Iowa proceeded to win their sweet 16 game comfortably with their usual efficient style of play. I didn't expect LSU to be as uninspired/flat as they turned out to be last night. They looked like G. Foreman in about round 7 vs Ali.

Also, Kim usually does a better coaching job than she did last night. With the players she has, they should have beaten Iowa. Maybe the articles did have her off her game as coach.

Last edited:
LSU had their pre game drill and left the court before the National Anthem was played.
Iowa had it's pregame routine and stayed on the floor for our National Anthem
It doesn't matter if Kim is MAGA or just a good American, the USC or UConn teams were noton the court for the national anthem prior to their Elite Eight game Monday night.
Anyone claiming Mulkey's a MAGA should wonder why she don't walk the MAGA walk when it comes to honoring the National Anthem and be there for the playing of our National Anthem before the game started like the Iowa HC .Lisa Bluder, had her player do.

My understanding is that Kim said her team has a set pregame routine. and didn't know when the National Anthem was going to be played, so missing it was unintentional
But that might not be exactly true because of this : “Our basketball programs have not been on the court for the anthem for the last several seasons,” LSU athletics spokesperson Cody Worsham said in a statement to the Louisiana Illuminator. “Usually the anthem is played 12 minutes before the game when the team is in the locker room doing final preparations.”
So Mulkey was fudging on not knowing because all LSU teams are more concerned about the win than being on the floor when the National Anthem is being played

LSU women were absent during playing of national anthem. Kim Mulkey explains why.
https://www.fox8live.com/2024/04/02...nce-during-national-anthem-was-unintentional/

Last night's result, and the unfortunate experiences expressed in postgame by LSU players surrounding Reese, are exactly the reason why I said what I did in earlier posts about Kim Mulkey.

When she makes the strategic decision to paint her and the team as 'the villains', and 'us against the world' , she puts an unfair/unecessary burden on her team to have to carry. You had H VLith even getting into the pregame talking. She says, she'd rather be a winner than a top scorer..............HOW did THAT work out???!! Angel Reese and her teammates(including Alexis Morris last year) were led by their coach to, what I would hope, is a humbling place, for all of them......Coach Kim included.

Last edited:
A little humor about Mulkey's wardrobe .
The outfit she wore was a little conservative for her and her winning stye is flashy .
So the loss was because of the clothes Kim was wearing didn't fit the winning fashion she usually wears.

Seriously , the game could only have one winner, even though two great teams were playing, and Iowa had extra incentive because they wanted revenge for last years loss and not be thought of as a great team but not quite as good as LSU.

LSU had pressure to prove to be the better team, but not as much as Iowa who had to show they were good enough to beat LSU after losing to them in the Championship game last year

Also Angel's antics and bravado are her own making. If you are going to do that than be prepared for negative backlash. Doesn't matter if you are 20 or 21 or a woman

Reactions: Scarlet4Shore
Did she wear green to indicate peeps are jealous of her
Probably thought it was St.Patrick's Day and celebrating that in the locker-room with the her team while the National Anthem was playing.
Maybe that's why she pulled her team off the floor and sent them to the arena's locker-room just before the National Anthem was scheduled to be played.

Also Angel's antics and bravado are her own making. If you are going to do that than be prepared for negative backlash. Doesn't matter if you are 20 or 21 or a woman
While death threats and such are uncalled for, you have to be prepared for that, especially in today's day and age. You reap what you sow.

MAGA…. Come on already. It doesn’t matter at this point in the scheme of things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT