ADVERTISEMENT

Game 11: Women's Hoops at Purdue

CVS never really develops a deep bench. Always thought her teams would be stronger if 8 were double digit minutes regularly. She wins so it may not be an issue for her.
Eventually, a non-starter will transfer (like Peleg-Pelc) and create a recruiting opportunity for someone else.

Transfers do seem inevitable in college basketball nowadays, but I really hope we see these freshmen stay (and from the bench, they all seem very close). I think Sakima, Chyna, Liz, and Erica are all going to be very good; and with Arella, Tekia, and Mael all being seniors, there is a ton of playing time available next year.

I'm sure they are aware that Tekia and Mael averaged less than 8 min per game their freshmen years. They have both developed very nicely.

Very impressive scoring more than 70 points in recent games,Guarantes has been in a shooting slump but stepped up against Purdue scoring 30 pints.

Eventually, a non-starter will transfer (like Peleg-Pelc) and create a recruiting opportunity for someone else.
Peleg-Pelc transferred to Villanova. She played limited minutes at Villanova and has now left and returned to Israel.

Yes, I believe so. CVS would need to have two scholarships available. We have only one player signed for 2021
so it seems possible with Arella leaving for the WNBA.

Last edited:
Yes, I believe so. CVS would need to have two scholarships available. We have only one player signed for 2021
so it seems possible with Arella leaving for the WNBA.
I believe the scholarship numbers for all sports will be altered for all sports in some fashion because of the extra year of eligibility

I believe the scholarship numbers for all sports will be altered for all sports in some fashion because of the extra year of eligibility
That is my understanding as well.

Of course, not every player (even those not heading to the WNBA) is going to want to return. Some will just want to get on with their lives.

While RU has not officially announced it yet, it was reporter that a JUCO from Utah also committed to RU, which would make it at least two new players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT