ADVERTISEMENT

GAME 6: Liked it

San Antonio Brinson. My new favorite name. He was good. Good thing he got into foul trouble and then the rout was on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
They are both new players. That's a good reason to lump them together.

The thesis behind this team being a post season team did not have Yeboah only playing 20 MPG and averaging 9 PPG and 3 REB.

Yeboah's giving about what I'd expect. His minutes and usage have gone down from SB, because he's not the focal point of the offense here like he was there, but his ORtg and DRtg are both better than they were last year. If he had 25 min/g, he'd be at about 11.4/4.3, which is just about a touch behind Harper at 25.2 mpg. Adjusting for minutes, Yeboah is 3rd on the team in points (behind Baker and Harper) and 4th in rebounds (behind Johnson, Harper, McConnell).

I am fine with Yeboah last night, we saw the breakout the game before. I think last night wasnt about him. Young is an issue and we may be a better team without him on the court going forward.

I tend to agree with this based on the early observations and I think Pike will cut back the minutes if he is loose with the ball and the offense. He does bring the defensive effort and can get the team out in transition he just needs to learn balance and not force a shot. We dont need him taking 10+ shots a night unless they are in the flow of the offense.

Reactions: winfield102
He shouldn’t be behind McConnell and Harper in rebounds. Yes sample size is low.

Maybe not behind McConnell, but Harper's been playing more underneath while he's been playing more on the perimeter. I just wish he'd take more threes, personally - he should be taking at least 3 per game or closer to 7 per 40 min, imo (and so should McConnell).

So many positives last night as everyone has noted. One major concern, however, continues to be Carter. Young’s struggles may very well be a result of more than a year off. But, Carter is a SENIOR in a position critically needed on this team and he has shown very little to think he will be a contributor in the Big 10. As raw as Decoure still is, I’d rather the sophomore get Carter’s minute to build for the future.

Watching Young and Mulcahy you see it's not just what they do, it's what the team does. When Paul has the ball the rest of the team is starting to expect a feed. They get in position to score, and they are looking for the ball and ready when it comes.

Reactions: RUDead
I didn't like Young's overall night

Big men dominated vs a small and skinny team.

Everyone else had really good nights.
Especially RHJ

Doucore will get torched in conference games though.
Agree with all of above, including Doucore comment. He’s terrible hedging on those high screens as the lane winds up wide open for a roll or drive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT