ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: RHoops vs. Wisconsin

Think we need to come to terms with the fact that we don’t have the players yet. This is going to end predictably.
The unfortunate part is those “players” arent coming any time soon. Again, I said this weeks ago only to get torn to shreds but were seeing the ceiling of a pike program before our eyes. Motivation and defense only can take you so far

Yup. Pikes too much of a mr nice guy to say anything though. Might be time to go small and actually take advantage of our athleticism here.

Geo-Young-Caleb-Ron-Yeboah. But pike wont even give it a chance, i think wed run them out of them gym with that lineup
Yeah because Young and Caleb have been so awesome the last month.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Just checked the stats and RU down by 10 despite shooting over 54% from the field ... UW shooting lights out from the outside and RU has gone 2 halves without making a single three pointer. RU playing well, just UW making threes.

Yup. Pikes too much of a mr nice guy to say anything though. Might be time to go small and actually take advantage of our athleticism here.

Geo-Young-Caleb-Ron-Yeboah. But pike wont even give it a chance, i think wed run them out of them gym with that lineup

Been hoping for something like that all year.

Geo is visibly frustrated at the lack of calls from the refs, do you ever see any team (the players) beg for the calls as much as ours do ... our players aren’t dumb and they obviously don’t get their complaining from their coach since he never does. Impossible to play 8 on 5 in that place and win and they know it. Pike needs to get a T or I’m turning it off. He is giving up on his guys right now.

At the beginning of the year I thought Myles Johnson looked like the most improved player in the Big 10, now he seems to be in a fog, what is going on ?

Reactions: FastMJ
I actually think the defense has been a bit off because some of these combos haven’t played together but it’s been exacerbated by Wisky shooting from deep (many open looks in there though) but should get better as the game goes on.

Good job Young, oops sorry knew the good times couldn't last for more than a second.

We have no shooters!! Our guys are too inconsistent!!! We need consistent shooters who can hit free throws and 3 pointers

Unfortunately our collapse is predictable. We look so awful in all parts of the game. We're losing the next 4 and missing the tourney I don't think it's even a debate. Typical Rutgers yet again

What pritzl is doing out there is criminal. Our guys should be embarassed. Hope they get roasted in the film session.

Were not winning this game. It feels like everytime Wisconsin comes down the floor, their going to get an easy bucket. And we just don't score enough to keep up

Keep posting up #1 man. Hes gotta guard either ron or yeboah and give up 40+ poinds
We never exploit mismatches for some reason. I don't get it

Why have we never even tried a small ball lineup?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT