ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: RHoops vs. Wisconsin

Looks like I won another $50 on this game (bet $100 on UW to win) ... betting on RU sports is so easy ... on road always pick the other team to win straight up, and take the other team with points when RU at home ... I’ve won 4x my money this year betting on BB.

We scored 4 points in the final 8 minutes of that half. You guys dont wanna hear this but pike really needs to take a long look in the mirror this off-season and make some changes. We cant just not run an offense. He keeps saying “the ball just didnt go in”. Well i mean, you gotta at least attempt to do some things to help the ball go in.

Reactions: tsare
I’m watching on delay, 2 mins left in half where I am. But 7-2 in fouls through 18 mins and RU driving and getting crushed with no calls is a ****ing joke. We’re getting robbed.
Oh and we can’t shoot.

This team doesn't want it. Maybe they think the last 3 are at home. No urgency no offense no talent. We are all fools getting hoodwinked,

I’ve been amused by the optimism in the various will we make tournament polls. It’s been obvious for a while that we are collapsing. This team is finishing 18-14....I have no doubt. This season has been interesting, because we were fortunate with a favorable conference schedule early on and took advantage. Fooled everybody. As the schedule has tightened and we started getting scouted better, we’ve reverted back to the tier that Minnesota and Indiana reside in.

can this team come back? Sure, we have seen it before but its going to take a complete turnaround

have to get back to playing Rutgers basketball..shooting 50%but down by 13..lmfao

if this team comes back and wins, it will prove its tourney worth, if it loses by 10-15, it will prove its not tourney worthy

Reactions: wheezer
Not only do we look like a high seed NIT team but we may play on Wednesday njght of big 10 tourney. It is not inconceivable

Reactions: RocktheRac
4 points in last 7:54

no 3s....two straight halves...how can you compete in college hoops without making a 3 for two halves in a row....something smells fishy in Denmark...disgraceful
Scoring droughts. Every. Single. Game.

No 3's in two halfs in the year 2020. Not sure how that even happens

We scored 4 points in the final 8 minutes of that half. You guys dont wanna hear this but pike really needs to take a long look in the mirror this off-season and make some changes. We cant just not run an offense. He keeps saying “the ball just didnt go in”. Well i mean, you gotta at least attempt to do some things to help the ball go in.
scoring droughtssss. We need a grad transfer shooter

When it comes to getting over the finish line in huge accomplishments in football and basketball these programs almost without fail fold.

Scoring droughts. Every. Single. Game.

No 3's in two halfs in the year 2020. Not sure how that even happens

scoring droughtssss. We need a grad transfer shooter
We need a coach who knows how to implement an offense. And no im not saying fire pike im saying hes gotta get rid of one assistant and bring in one who knows how to run an offense

Hard to win if you get nothing from your big men AND can't shoot 3's
Yup. Our bigs have disappeared and just don’t playi smart.

On the 3s....still too much hesitation. Freakin’ be shot ready and shoot! Too much thinking.

Hopefully the players that are pissed play and bring it in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Rutgers25
I would pay serious coin to be a fly on the wall in the lockerroom.

They all look like their ready for the season to end. Maybe next yr will adjust to style of play that paces better. Team is exhausted, around the same time as last yr

I want Pike to have a press conference after we lose all our remaining games and end up 12th in the conference. Right where we were picked and what he always brings up when we won. I'd love to hear what his answer is for being embarrassed and being responsible for this epic collapse that puts us right back where the B1G said we'd be.

Our big men don't have the offensive capabilities like every other team. It hurts when we go into scoring funks and they only score on ally ops. Very little chance of drawing fouls.

Reactions: Scangg
At this point I’m looking to see if RU sets the following records:

1. Least amount of FTS made
2. Least amount of FTS attempted
3. Least amount of 3S made
4. Most 3S attempted without making one
5. Least amount of fouls by the opponent

We’re all just so frustrated that every team gets to have a magical season, while we fall flat on our face. Freaking Penn State, a basketball program that they don’t care about gets their day in the sun.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
And we are shooting 50% and still have only 26 points this is embarrassing and yes Pikell does have to stop making excuses

We will play MAAC winner at home in round 1. Possibly ST Peters or Monmouth if they don’t win MAAC tourney

I will not watch this awful team in a meaningless second place tourney after they choke an NCAA bid away. It's been like watching an Edie Jordan team the last few weeks minus Illinois game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT