ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: RHoops vs. Wisconsin

can this team come back? Sure, we have seen it before but its going to take a complete turnaround

have to get back to playing Rutgers basketball..shooting 50%but down by 13..lmfao

if this team comes back and wins, it will prove its tourney worth, if it loses by 10-15, it will prove its not tourney worthy

Isn't this exactly "Rutgers basketball" though?
We are shooting 65% from 2 (13 for 20)
No 3pt shooting (0 for 6).
It's easy to argue we should be losing by more.

can this team come back? Sure, we have seen it before but its going to take a complete turnaround

have to get back to playing Rutgers basketball..shooting 50%but down by 13..lmfao

if this team comes back and wins, it will prove its tourney worth, if it loses by 10-15, it will prove its not tourney worthy

There was forecasts that had us as a NCAA team probability over 90% a couple of weeks ago.

Those estimates didn’t look at our last 7 or 8 games carefully enough

If we lose out we don’t deserve it and should not expect it in any way.

I don’t want to hear about other bubble teams at that point. We won’t deserve it

I hate to say it but this is looking like typical RU in any sport

Prove me wrong RU. For once

How is it that every game we play, our bigs are always in foul trouble? Zero free throws? Really? That's absurd. No Chance Wisconsin played such a clean half.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
You guys are funny. We know we can’t shoot 3s. But we all consistently come on this board and freak out about how bad we are and how bad our offense is.. look at the numbers.

We are 13-26 from field 0-6 from 3. Wisconsin is 14-27 from field 6-12 from 3.... so for all the crying like children about how bad we are And how we need people fired it seems like a bit of an over reaction. We miss standing still 3s they make them. We need a player who can consistently make a 3. Let’s not jump ship just yet or fire anyone let’s just a. Make some 3s or b. Recruit a player who can...

It is not as bad as it looks.

Reactions: rubjk
I do have an issue with our body languGe from 3. Pike has these guys scared to shoot so when they actually do shoot they are scared. Have to let it rip with confidence

There was forecasts that had us as a NCAA team probability over 90% a couple of weeks ago.

I don’t want to hear about other bubble teams at that point. We won’t deserve it

if the tourney started today, RU is still in, problem is there are 3-4 games left to make our metrics worse while other schools win games to play their way in

You guys are funny. We know we can’t shoot 3s. But we all consistently come on this board and freak out about how bad we are and how bad our offense is.. look at the numbers.

We are 13-26 from field 0-6 from 3. Wisconsin is 14-27 from field 6-12 from 3.... so for all the crying like children about how bad we are And how we need people fired it seems like a bit of an over reaction. We miss standing still 3s they make them. We need a player who can consistently make a 3. Let’s not jump ship just yet or for anyone let’s just a. Make some 3s or b. Recruit a player who can...

This is a ridiculous post.

Reactions: bac2therac

We are 13-26 from field 0-6 from 3. Wisconsin is 14-27 from field 6-12 from 3.... so for all the crying like children about how bad we are And how we need people fired it seems like a bit of an over reaction. We miss standing still 3s they make them. We need a player who can consistently make a 3. Let’s not jump ship just yet or fire anyone let’s just a. Make some 3s or b. Recruit a player who can...

I'll have what you're havin

Reuvers and Pretzyl being made to look like all league players in this one. Wth is Pretzyl anyway? Never heard of the guy. Yet no one can stay in front of him????

This is anything but a typical Rutgers basketball team. If you think it is than you have not been watching. Again all the crying about how bad we are this team is clearly the best team we have had in two decades

0 FTA is absurd but we'd still be down 8 with a better called game.

Unfortunately we re trending in wrong direction. And if we re on bubble in 3 weeks, you can bet your mortgage that committee will hold lack of road wins and poor ooc schedule against us.

Isn't this exactly "Rutgers basketball" though?
We are shooting 65% from 2 (13 for 20)
No 3pt shooting (0 for 6).
It's easy to argue we should be losing by more.

RU basketball is a team that hustles and crashes the boards... RU basketball is in your face defense generating turnovers...the ones we did we fumbled away with awful fouls or completely missing passes

Reactions: Scangg
Two awful close outs. A defensive team is usually coached better

The turnovers and 3 pt shooting are costing us more, but Wisconsin is getting away with a lot, and half of our fouls are on the offensive side as per usual on every road game.

Our only chance was for them to be off just like our remaining games. If teams don't have an off game we have no chance to win.

Reactions: RUsince52
Wisconsin draws yeboah out for the mismatch. We play right into it and dont post the little guy up haha

Reactions: Scangg
I do have an issue with our body languGe from 3. Pike has these guys scared to shoot so when they actually do shoot they are scared. Have to let it rip with confidence

scared to shot? This is the exact opposite. He never says stop shooting

Never seen a team so bad at holding onto the ball before

RU basketball is a team that hustles and crashes the boards... RU basketball is in your face defense generating turnovers...the ones we did we fumbled away with awful fouls or completely missing passes

And RU basketball offense is?

Is our offense supposed to be up tempo fast break after these turnovers and rebounds?

There were 17 threads about how the players can't even be expected to run a 2 for 1 because they would have had to play fast.

I watch a TON of college basketball. I havent seen many if any teams worse than us at defending simple high ball screens

Reactions: RUsojo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT