ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers 🏀 vs. Indiana

We won a game! We were once in Top 10 if didn’t get screwed by refs at OSU, but we finally won a game!

Today’s win another example of emphasizing offense is more important to this teams success than defense

Reactions: IL Lusciato
The key is having Geo playing well on O, cliff and myles hitting the boards and rotating solidly, playing RU defense, and McConnel giving us solid minutes. That has to be the core right now. Great W on the road let's try to get back in track

Reactions: bethlehemfan
I like the new line-up. Most important, Geo and RHJ are starting to get back to form. We need to go on a winning streak now.

Is Young sulking?
He walked past Mulcahy after the win in a negative way.
He also had to be called into the circle by the coach and that was after he screwed up
by not pulling the ball out on the two on one.

What a great high energy game! Play like that every night and we will win

no way other teams shoot 10/15 from 3 against us and that literally kept them in it

Huge win!! 4th quad 1 win. We r actually in a good spot as long as we don’t go on any more losing streaks . This game should give us our swag back

Reactions: biazza38
Is Young sulking?
He walked past Mulcahy after the win in a negative way.
He also had to be called into the circle by the coach and that was after he screwed up
by not pulling the ball out on the two on one.
Maybe he took a look at his car insurance premium

Smh, some of you have never played even casual pick up basketball haha. Geo did nothing. That was a bs call. I personally love that hes talking back and forth it means his confidence level is sky high
Kyk played alot of ball. I just played someone trash talked me they got fouled hard. Dont generalize you have no clue

I decided not to watch this game and pay more attention to the wrestling dual instead.

I'll need to do that more often, maybe I'm a bad luck charm.

Sometimes we make college basketball tougher than it really is. Sure ‘s and O’s are important. More importantly look what happens when you shoot 70% FTs.

Reactions: RUBlackout
Keep talking trash and bull your confidence. IU shot lights out from 3 and we easily should have beat them by 10.

Great win. Good to see Geo back to the way we know him. Myles was huge holding Jackson down and getting that early offense. Myles also had 5 blocks and was perfect from the free throw line!

Last edited:
Reactions: RUsojo
The announcer loves Myles Johnson.
His "swallow the mic" comment was just one of many times he has almost and in effect called out the refs for bad calls vs. Myles

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Goo
Kyk played alot of ball. I just played someone trash talked me they got fouled hard. Dont generalize you have no clue
You both have no clue.

In my 60 years of pickup games, I trash talked nonstop, insulting moms and sisters, hair-styles and physiques. To head off reprisals, I viciously fouled while doing all the trash-talking.

But when playing with refs, such as in my 35 years in the pros, I didn’t do any of that ‘cause it hinders winning. The best way to get in your opponent’s head, with refs involved, is to alternate dunking on them and draining 3 pointers. With my many 100 point games, and dozens of triple-triples, I let the scoreboard and stat sheet do all the talking.

I like how you try to make that the reason they won lol they are undefeated when Montez plays 30+ min this year
He has been great at times this year. No way we beat Purdue without his stellar game, but he is not playing well now. Not trying to pick on Tez just saying Pike needs to give more minutes to those that are playing well. He did that today keeping Mathis on the bench.

Paul M. starting, was the key
hopefully he continues to start.

Not sure about this. 36 mins is a lot for - defender who doesn’t score much.

Came up big today on open 3s though and a couple good passes credit to Paul

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT