ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Michigan

Just bad, Caleb Is not playing his best finding out about the back explains a lot

Frustrating game but I love these kids. Stay Strong RU. Plenty to play for still. Forget this and put it behind you fast.

They have to use mag as an excuse. That’s how their feeble brains works.
Or it is a little of both. Mag was playing his best ball. No one has stepped up. It is like we are playing 4 on 5. All that said ridiculous amount of FTs missed, Pike killed momentum with early sub etc etc.

Name one player on the team that hasn't had a bad game

This is a really really dumb argument
Aiden Terry.

Highest box plus minus on the team. Because the game is played on a spreadsheet, that means he is our best player.

Pike isn’t playing him because he’s an idiot

Reactions: Scangg
We have no depth and even amongst our top 6 you just don't know what you are going to get from game to game. Its not like Mag was great but he was our most improved guy and was trending up. When your margin for error is small to begin with, his loss become magnified.

We scored 13 pts at 14:00 left in the 1st half.
32 pts in the last 34 minutes.

Last edited:
I know people don't wanna hear it because ive beat this horse for years. But not running an offense isn't a good thing
You are 150% correct we run zero offense it’s remarkable to me that all our coaches are point guards and we apparently don’t practice offense

Pathetic, uninspired effort by everyone. Such lofty expectations on the heap now. Team lacks leadership. Caleb regressed, Paul whines constantly and Cam ridiculously streaky. Season torched. Very depressed.
Decision making SUCKS and PIke doesn't appear to hold anyone accountable. He has ZERO clue how to coach an offense. Its all one on one. Posting Cliff over and over and the shit Paul does out there of late is insane. Dribble dribble bull crap.
Pike early season was a Rose with Thorns. HE became a pansy again about 10 games ago.
Looks like another limp into the tourney and early exit. Right now NOT a NCAA team.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
I’m not so sure about that. Think we need 11. At 10-10 we’re going to be playing a non-tourney team in round 1 of the B1G tourney. I don’t think we’re definitely in going 1-3 the rest of the way with an 18-14 record.

The amount of B1G teams that haven't made the tourney with a .500 record is almost nil.

I'd take that bet.

Or it is a little of both. Mag was playing his best ball. No one has stepped up. It is like we are playing 4 on 5. All that said ridiculous amount of FTs missed, Pike killed momentum with early sub etc etc.
2 games before mag got hurt he got absolutely shredded defensively at iowa. Again people forget that.

Reactions: RutgersNo1
Michigan blew us off the court with their defense.

They out hustled, out clawed and just beat us down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT