ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Rutgers Men’s Basketball Heads to East Lansing to Take on Michigan State Thursday Night

Hey, way too early to give up on team. Need to get Cliff back in it. He started good and then when Dean came in we gave up on passing inside. Down 6 , we can overcome that. We had bad Hyatt and bad Cam and semi bad Caleb and only down 6.
Need to come out strong and avoid bringing in too many bench players at the same time.

Reactions: RUTRINI
7-13 on mostly wide open 3s isn’t an unconscious shooting performance. It’s what happens when the defense is a step slow. All things considered being down 6 isn’t too bad. Start hitting some shots in the second half and let’s see what happens.

Reactions: bac2therac
We're slow to the shooter 100% of the time. We always do that, just other teams usually miss. Iowa killed us for it and MSU is too
There is a reason that RU is among the best in the country in three point defense and in the top two in the league.

Still like our chances. Cam just needs to find his shot. Some of their threes were buzzer beaters. Not sure that happens in the second half. I could be wrong but…………

Reactions: Scangg
Need to make more shots. Cam had good looks but they didn't drop. I thought the offense got more stagnant as the second half progressed. Aundre putting on the floor to they hoop is not working. Move the ball! Nice job on the boards on both ends. MSU must have hit a high % of their threes. I am OK with where we are despite Walker being off the court for a good portion of the half. Expect some fouls with the Izzo whining. Need Cliff to play nearly the entire second half. Will be tough to pull this out but doable.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
We also are killing them on the offensive boards with little to show for it

The path to win is to play way better defense...back to basics

Reactions: RW90
Keep hearing how RU has never won at MSU and yet we win two in a row at the RAC and we have to play them at the Garden. WtF?

Reactions: #1 RUFan
Hyatt had a particularly brutal first half going 0-5. Hard for us to deal with him shooting a goose egg. 6 points from Hyatt 2nd half would put us in great shape to grab a win.

Reactions: socaldave
Cam had a bunch of wide open looks. He just missed them
Yes I actually think it's a mistake to focus on Cam like this. It's "worked" so far for MSU but I like Cam as a passer and he can handle it well enough under pressure. Plus as you said he's still gotten looks despite the attention.

Bad as we shot, I think we’re lucky to not be starting the half in worse shape. New half. Go out, play hard but loose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT