ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME THREAD: Rutgers versus Syracuse

tumblr_pik3f1E2kn1s0zdtdo2_400.gifv

Winning on the road is tough. Our offense was not good BUT at the end when we needed to run some clock and they knew we were running we were able to get a few first downs and ice the game. Got some good OL play at the end when we needed it. Take the win, God knows we have lost our share of games like this over the years. Keeps hopes for 6 wins alive.

Play of the game was Dino unthinkably returning Danny Devito to the game after he sucked and the backup lit us up, then Devito sleep walks back in. As much as RU fans are calling for QB change Cuse move today is inexplicable. Mickey Mouse program/stadium just like UConn. Will wither away, gladly will take a paycheck from them to knock their teeth in at the Dome whenever they want

No, he did exactly the correct thing. No risk of fumble or injury or anything. Him taking a knee ensured that nothing could prevent the win. Very smart for a young player.
I think he may have touched his knee on the ground when he kneeled to catch it.

I think he may have touched his knee on the ground when he kneeled to catch it.
Perhaps, but he still made the smart play just in case. That’s a good sign when your younger players are alert to the game situation like that. Kid has a bright future.

Reactions: Pils86
No, he did exactly the correct thing. No risk of fumble or injury or anything. Him taking a knee ensured that nothing could prevent the win. Very smart for a young player.
yes, wasn't saying it was a bad play, he certainly made the correct play. Just would have been hilarious had he ran it back for a pick six because F Syracuse.

A better QB and play calling and it’s a laugher today
You know, Vedral made a bunch of nice passes today. No fumbles, no interceptions. I don’t quite understand all the people saying how bad he was. The play calling was super conservative, but it worked, ugly as it was.

Happy we won but Syracuse stinks. Remember that "solid" Ohio team that they beat on the road last week?
Well they just lost at home to Duquesne 28-26.
In fairness, that doesn’t necessarily mean Syracuse is terrible. It’s not like they won a nail biter. They won 29-9 and basically didn’t have to throw the ball at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT