ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread Rutgers vs Nebraska 1/7/23 Saturday

Gotta maintain focus and move the ball. Too much dribbling w/o a purpose here midway thru the second quarter.

Good 1st half. Nebby shooting a big goose egg from 3 (0-14). Keep up the effort in the 2nd half ladies!

Reactions: ScarletteK80
That was a good move that commentators just mentioned. I was thinking about it during our last game that Kaylene was better coming off the bench than starting, as far as the overall performance of the team. Coquese is making good adjustments.

I just hope the team believes in themselves enough to win this game that is theirs for the taking.

This team is more talented than their record shows. Steals and D like the mens team. And they have legit scorers. Just get tired at the end understandably. But the turnaround is beginning

Are they losing flow due to trying to bleed the time on every possession? We're not getting good shots the last few minutes and we're turning it over.

They need to keep doing what got them to this lead. Take the win.

Great way to honor Theresa, with a win
Also ends the thought this team can't win B1G games.

Reactions: RUcrazee
Now that is what a Rutgers WBB defense is supposed to look like. Nebby shot poorly, but that was because of our constant pressure. If we can continue to play that kind of defense and continue to become more cosistently precise and disciplined on offense, we will be on our way.

Still need to cut down on the number of tough shots that we take in the paint when an extra pass could find a wide open easier one. Nothing wrong with strong, aggressive moves that will draw a foul, but too many of the contorted shots are letting the opponent off the hook defensively when an extra pass could lead to an open shot that really puts pressure on the defense.

The pressure to play well in repping our HOF coaches on their nationally-televised special days resulted in two of our grittier performances. They need to apply that mindset to every game. Make Coquese the next HOF RUWBB coach.

Great game by the ladies. With this type of play there are a few more wins down the road IF they cut down on the TOs (21).

Reactions: ea_1
If we could only get our bigs to hit a layup, we could be pretty good. Same story every game. Great win...nice ceremony for Theresa. Loved the end of her speech when she said 'let's go out and win the damn game!'. Always the competitor. Started going to the games during the Sue Wicks era with Theresa as coach.

Reactions: RUcrazee
If we could only get our bigs to hit a layup, we could be pretty good. Same story every game. Great win...nice ceremony for Theresa. Loved the end of her speech when she said 'let's go out and win the damn game!'. Always the competitor. Started going to the games during the Sue Wicks era with Theresa as coach.
With you all the way on this post. I also became a fan during the Wicks era of her tenure.

Reactions: rutgersron
she led the first unranked WBB team to ever defeat the top ranked team!!!!

Wow - been sick since last night, didn’t go and spent all on asleep. What pleasant surprise when I looked at my phone just now.

• Sad
Reactions: ScarletteK80
Was wondering where you were. I can't believe you missed all the hoopla with Grentz having a beautiful ceremony as well. Great game in many aspects. Feel better.

I watched most of this one on delay because it was a busy afternoon. Nebraska was ice cold even with some good looks and we made more 3s than I can recall from our women's team in forever. Great job to get a runaway conference win!

Re: Grentz day, I doubt it happened but it would have been a great nod to Coach if the band played "Tie a Yellow Ribbon". It was hee favorite song when I was in band and she would always applaud us after we played it during their games.

I remember, coach! Thanks for everything you did for Rutgers!

Nebraska is an inconsistent, but quality team. Beat ranked Maryland. Beat ranked Kansas. Took ranked Indiana to OT. A very nice win for the Rutgers women.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT