ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Keep feeding the post. Not doubling down, no answer for Myles or Harper down low.

don’t remember the last time our bigs had this many touches.

Last two times Cooks had the ball we fouled him, before the shot, as he was making a move. Both times it was fewer than 7 fouls so they had to take it in from out of bounds, restart their offense, and other players ended up taking the shot for them (and missing). Good use of fouls-to-give in the end-of-half minutes.

25% from 3, 54% on FTs.

Still lots of room for improvement but at least they looked like a cohesive team and not just a collection of players for a stretch.

I hope this isn’t an accident and instead this is the actual gameplan by Pike. Because I’ve said it all along and being proven right tonight. Just feed it inside to Johnson (and Harper). Watching Haas on Purdue and Happ on Wisconsin do what I know what these guys are capable of got old, we need to and can do IT !!

Reactions: kcg88
Young and Mathis are the lefty/righty versions of the same player. Good on D and run-outs, not so good in a half-court offense (where Paul is better), and both force things, both leave their feet with no plan in mind and both turn it over too much.

Reactions: kcg88
Harper getting back to basics is making all the difference. Keep going inside to him.

51-28 Rutgers at the first media timeout of the second half, and NJIT looks like they're eager to head back up the Turnpike.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Huge. When our guys play loose they play confident. Smart passes and hitting shots, and some TOUGH shots at that by Harper and Johnson, and the opponent is reeling. Need to play like this night in and night out we have the talent !

Duke reminds me of the big football player who shows up to open gym runs. Just big but doesnt know what hes doing

"they played like crap early"---early being first the 3 minutes, geez==blowing with the wind

Get Myles out of there before he gets hurt. NJIT is starting to get frustrated. Time for Pike to show he’s a good coach. Let Duke and Luke Nathan take us home

Another nice assist for Paul, drawing a double team and then the dish to Myles. Smart player, very poised.

Reactions: RutHut
Myles is having himself a night. Scoring, rebounding and blocks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT