ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Hoops set to take on Maryland

Maryland 7 fouls
Rutgers 2 fouls

Just curious if folks feel we are getting an unfair whistle in our favor. Did I do that right? Because I am darn sure Maryland fans feel they are getting jobbed by the refs.
I missed the first 10 minutes and thought the same thing. Then as the game went on and I saw the frustration level of the Terps players I figured we earned them.

Studio guys still talking about RU. Sweet.

Yeah it's the RU Show tonight.

I get Paul is a religious young man but he's got to get better at his interviewing and fitting in his proselytizing. He's pretty awkward in front of the mic.

purdue Ohio State 66-66 a minute and 53 to go.

I think we want Purdue to win.

Yeah it's the RU Show tonight.

I get Paul is a religious young man but he's got to get better at his interviewing and fitting in his proselytizing. He's pretty awkward in front of the mic.
🙄

Got in late and only saw 2nd half.
Sounds like I didn't miss too much.
Great defense is so fun to watch. The effort deserved all the post game coverage.
These guys are gonna make some noise this season.
Look forward to getting to a game soon. 6:30 weeknight starts are tough. Don't know how people do it. I know I can't.

How come Woolfolk did not play tonight?
He played a couple of minutes in the first half. I think Pike went to Reiber because the offense was struggling, and Dean brings a little more to that end of the floor. It worked out great tonight, Reiber played very well. The box score does not show his impact.

Reactions: Scangg
Caleb does some dumb things.
Ball handling and passing isn't a strength of Rutgers on offense.The last Maryland possession before half time was terrible defense by Rutgers .Miller was put in the game to commit two fouls to run out the game clock .He failed to foul and Maryland made a 3 pointer to cut the lead to 7 points.Mulcahy was the go to scorer in the second half which was vital because the other players were shooting bricks.Great win 64-50 thanks to defense and the RAC crpwd.

RU gonna get double bye &
Single digit NCAA bid 4-6.

He's still driving the RU luv bus
Something just feels different about this team,
in a good way. We are deeper and they genuinely seem to like each other, and they all contribute to the success. Nice to see Dean have some good minutes tonight. Paul has turned out to be MVP so far. Love his game.

in a good way. We are deeper and they genuinely seem to like each other, and they all contribute to the success. Nice to see Dean have some good minutes tonight. Paul has turned out to be MVP so far. Love his game.
They play together and are very unselfish. Rarely do you see them make the me play and it really stands out when someone does. Caleb’s ill advised 3 stands out tonight. He plays so hard it’s too ugh to get on him.

Team has tons of experience, has played in big games, and they know how to win. This team is better than last year by a considerable amount.

This year's team is the ultimate TEAM

ADVERTISEMENT