ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Central Connecticut

Our depth looked a lot better today (Miller, Woolfolk, Simpson, Mag) and of course Spencer solid as always. Cliff and especially Hyatt struggled and Caleb plainly isn't anywhere close to 100% and I doubt he will be all season.

Reactions: bac2therac
Chol is super green but nice for him to see the shot fall, some good defensive plays in garbage time as well. Needs a year in the weight and practice room, but still excited about him down the line. He seems to be engaged and positive on the bench so not worried about his attitude at all.
The x factor will be his feel for the game. Playing in garbage time it's hard to get a read but he's always taking shots early and out of the flow of the offense. Woolfolk has good feel. Simpson can show it but forces too often (he was way better today).

Problem is when guys don't have it, it's hard to learn. Hyatt's been around forever and he's still out of sync with the action of the game and forces things and has no touch around the rim.

Our depth looked a lot better today (Miller, Woolfolk, Simpson, Mag) and of course Spencer solid as always. Cliff and especially Hyatt struggled and Caleb plainly isn't anywhere close to 100% and I doubt he will be all season.

Caleb in and Dean out of the rotation. It helps. Glad we were able get McConnell minutes. He needed those. That was easily the game highlight for me, getting Caleb those 25 minutes. This team has a chance to be real good.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU MAN
I sure hope Palmquist is here to pull up our APR..otherwise can we use his scholly

Cliff didn't struggle as much as not force the action like Hyatt. There is a difference.

Reactions: RU MAN
Absolutely a good point.

More mouths to feed is not always a good thing.
Kcg in one drive, I saw Caleb move well to the basket. Was he hobbling as I didn’t see the game?

Kcg in one drive, I saw Caleb move well to the basket. Was he hobbling as I didn’t see the game?
Looked like he was moving slowly to me. I think my hope was he'd be out for however many weeks and then be close to a full go but based on how big (restrictive) of a brace he had I can't imagine he's close to that.

Thought Cliff had a pretty bad game, and I'm not sure what to say about Reiber at this point. Hyatt is who he is. Great to see Caleb back out there.

Saw parts of the game … glad to see RU taking care of business, and that Caleb played some minutes today!

Thought Cliff had a pretty bad game, and I'm not sure what to say about Reiber at this point. Hyatt is who he is. Great to see Caleb back out there.
Wasn't Hyatt the one with the pass to Simpson for the dunk?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT