ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Wake Forest

This is a must win for Rutgers after losing to Seton Hall.I would be surprised that Appleby plays with a sprained ankle.

Absolute MUST WIN at this point. Wake is another Quad 3 game (possibly Quad 2 if they over perform the rest of the season), and we cannot withstand another Quad 3 loss.

LFG!

This is the type of opponent that likes to get up and down the court.....and it's the exact type of opponent that is a "get on track", type of game for Cam Spencer.

I don't know if the scouting reports are going to adjust for Spencer and his 3-19 shooting against the 5 opponents that matter so far, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a lot of clean looks/open 3s this afternoon.

The margin of error gets a lot wider on both ends of the court. I would be really surprised if we smothered Wake defensively, they run a lot of quick action for shots and take the 1st available look. On the other end, the Clemson game for Wake on the road was more along the lines of what I expect today. Close for a half or so, if Wake shoots well early, but I expect Spencer to break out today with a big effort.

Absolute MUST WIN at this point. Wake is another Quad 3 game (possibly Quad 2 if they over perform the rest of the season), and we cannot withstand another Quad 3 loss.

LFG!
I was in Miami and I remember thinking with 6 minutes left, we’ll see what the are made of. They folded like a cheap suit. Against Seton Hall, I remember thinking they would be unbelievably pissed after getting hosed at OSU. Instead, they went fetal. Even, with two minutes left, they choked. Here’s yet another chance to prove they are different. I expect them to prove something today.

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersSouthFL

LFG!
I agree, today is a must-win in terms of NCAA hopes. I don't think we could recover from losing to Miami, The Hall and Wake even with a few B1G upsets.

15 minutes before tipoff - no juice in the building. Student section only 1/4 full right now.

“Coming out flat” alert.

• Sad
Reactions: RutgersSouthFL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT