ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Wake Forest

Turn to 45-43 in SHU game - unnecessary salt
Looked like completely different RU teams. Today we played with high energy and focus. We were a bit sluggish and definitely sloppy vs shoe. Unfortunately it may have been an osu screw hangover.

Reactions: SBP
So much for the 11.5 spread being too high! RU doubled it.

Sounds like it was a great game by RU. Way to go, guys! Keep it going.

Good win over an ACC team, one that defeated Wisconsin in Madison earlier in the season.
Exhibit x,y,and z why I do not gamble.

Reactions: Joey Bags
We've had a 40 pt win, 38 pt win, 34 pt win, 30 pt win 24 pt win vs WF and 15 pt win vs Indiana, and 4 losses by 16 pts total. Bucknell and Coppin St are quality non conference to prepare for @ Purdue.

Is this a Quad 3 win or higher? Thought announcers said Quad 3, which was puzzling.
Think that’s right as of now. Their net ranking is in the 90’s. Time to also become Wake Forest fans now

Reactions: rucoe89
This is the type of opponent that likes to get up and down the court.....and it's the exact type of opponent that is a "get on track", type of game for Cam Spencer.

I don't know if the scouting reports are going to adjust for Spencer and his 3-19 shooting against the 5 opponents that matter so far, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a lot of clean looks/open 3s this afternoon.

The margin of error gets a lot wider on both ends of the court. I would be really surprised if we smothered Wake defensively, they run a lot of quick action for shots and take the 1st available look. On the other end, the Clemson game for Wake on the road was more along the lines of what I expect today. Close for a half or so, if Wake shoots well early, but I expect Spencer to break out today with a big effort.
Good call on the Cam Spencer breakout game.

Reactions: G- RUnit
Good call on the Cam Spencer breakout game.
Spencer is just a good smart athlete & basketball player. Would have had 17 if not for the bogus charging foul on him.
Team was great today on both ends of the court & all over the court.

Spencer is just a good smart athlete & basketball player. Would have had 17 if not for the bogus charging foul on him.
Team was great today on both ends of the court & all over the court.
Spencer scored 15 points in 19 minutes .He made every shot from the field and the foul line.The half court offense needs more plays for Spencer to take 3 point shots if Rutgers expects to score ar least 70 points in games.

Reactions: biazza38
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT