ADVERTISEMENT

Games with limited # fans- help or hurt us?

Rufaninga

All Conference
Oct 8, 2010
If we have to play next season without fans or limited capacity, would that help or hurt our record?

Home advantage would be gone, but could our road woes be nullified in quiet Gyms?

Will playing on road in B1G be as hard without fans in attendance?

I'm hoping we take 2/3 at-home and be close to .500 on road. Possible?

It would hurt Rutgers really bad

RU needs every penny of ticket, parking, concessions, 50/50 and merchandise revenue compared to nearly every other program in the conference for Football.

for Hoops, The RAC gives the team one of the best home court advantages in the country.
And again, the revenues that the RU Athletic Dept collects for each home game

It would hurt Rutgers really bad

RU needs every penny of ticket, parking, concessions, 50/50 and merchandise revenue compared to nearly every other program in the conference for Football.

for Hoops, The RAC gives the team one of the best home court advantages in the country.
And again, the revenues that the RU Athletic Dept collects for each home game
hurt, we thrive on the fans

I think worst case we are allowed to have fans in every other seat come November. Still would be loud and it would be easier to keep out the riff raff rooting for the wrong school.

RAC helps us so much at home but I think would help on road. Wash.

Overall it probably hurts us a bit. It will be interesting if it changes the home/away foul disparities since officials should be less influenced if games are played with no or less fans in the venue.

Minimized home court advantages favor the better, more mature teams. That should be us more often than not this year....especially since we’ve had trouble on the road.. Net gain, IMO.

Overall it probably hurts us a bit. It will be interesting if it changes the home/away foul disparities since officials should be less influenced if games are played with no or less fans in the venue.

That may be the key. B1G never does us any favors though.

This team is going to be locked and ready to take all comers on, home, away, Madison square garden, united center, and all NCAA venues

not concerned about this affecting team one way or other

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I am as worried about the row behind me as the seat next to me.
Every other seat or whatever spacing choice is initiated would cut attendance at least in half imho. If this happens it will be interesting to see how they will assign season ticket holders seating. Could it be possible that no tickets would be available to the general public?

Every other seat or whatever spacing choice is initiated would cut attendance at least in half imho. If this happens it will be interesting to see how they will assign season ticket holders seating. Could it be possible that no tickets would be available to the general public?

I’d expect lots of season tickets holders to drop their tickets in this case. I don’t think it would be an issue. A half-filled RAC is hard to get excited about.

I’d expect lots of season tickets holders to drop their tickets in this case. I don’t think it would be an issue. A half-filled RAC is hard to get excited about.
It would be a lot better than no fans at all. What will be interesting is if the football season is played with fans, will there be people still saying less or no fans for basketball or hockey because attendees would be indoors.

You could be very creative and still keep revenue constant AND have the building 1/3 full

it's either all or none capacity in the RAC. 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 capacity doesn't make any sense. how would they even allocate who goes to which games?

Any non-normal Covid crap will hurt rutgers in all sports...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT