ADVERTISEMENT

Geo Baker on The Scarlet Spotlight podcast

RUJON

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2001
Geo Baker on The Scarlet Spotlight sponsored by DEVCO is available now.

Topics: #NIL, #NotNCAAProperty, #StepBackChallenge, COVID, Pikiell and we talk some hoops too.

Comments and feedback appreciated.

Jon

This was part of an NIL deal, and Geo will appear on the podcast for shorter (10-15 minute) appearances in October, January, March and April... as well as a Twitter Spaces hangout when the postseason is announced.

Reactions: scarlet night
@Proud NJ Sports Fan This is a more general interview, with some awesome insights about last year and other topics. We will get into the current team with him (i.e. newcomers) in October, once he's had more practice time with them. He's been away at NBA workouts a lot this summer.

I was listening for a while but got pulled away, did you ask him about the team chemistry or the transfers?

That will come in the next conversation with him. Closer to the season.

That will come in the next conversation with him. Closer to the season.
You guys did kinda get into it a little.

The bit about not really being able to get the team together outside of the gym to build bonds/friendships because of Covid restrictions was pretty insightful.

A lot of good stuff in this episode, great job guys.

Reactions: rutgersfandan
This will be a good one- need to listen over the weekend since I'm blocked at work. I know, shouldn't be listening at work, but podcasts do allow you to multitask!

This was part of an NIL deal, and Geo will appear on the podcast for shorter (10-15 minute) appearances in October, January, March and April... as well as a Twitter Spaces hangout when the postseason is announced.
What does he collect per podcast appearance?

Finally got a chance to listen and this was one of the best yet! For those seeking info about team chemistry, I think Geo was very honest about the COVID bubble impact on the team. Also, had to laugh at the individual who complained in a post somewhere that these podcasts are too long (Jon referenced it). If you’re a Rutgers fan, sometimes these podcasts aren’t long enough!

I saw the thread on the football board about favorite podcasts- many are way too long and boring as hell.

It was a great listen. Dan and Jon did a fantastic job, and Geo offered some outstanding insights. I recommend it to all RU bball fans.

Reactions: rutgersfandan
That should be an interesting one too, but he may play things close to vest since he's still on the BOG. Dan and Jon are crushing it with the guests these past couple of weeks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT