ADVERTISEMENT

Germans react to Rutgers Recruiting in their backyard

Your prerogative as well as your loss.

Funniest thing I've ever seen on a Rivals board. Kudos to the OP.

Ash is still our coach

Since he is here another year, I still support him and the program.
Want us to close out the recruiting class as strong as possible so even if he is replaced next year, we have as much talent as possible.

Would you want one of the guys on official visits this weekend to watch it?

I don’t really have an issue with it. Just don’t think it’s very original.

It’s been around for a while and some of the lines in this one are a little...

Just played it on my apple tv. Very funny. But oh my if this. is something other schools fans and coaches use against us.
This really needed to be kept in house.

Just played it on my apple tv. Very funny. But oh my if this. is something other schools fans and coaches use against us.
This really needed to be kept in house.
It’s been around long enough where they would use more to show how far behind we are...”look at Rutgers! That bit is so old. Makes perfect sense they are where they are. LOL”

Ash is still our coach

Want us to close out the recruiting class as strong as possible so even if he is replaced next year, we have as much talent as possible.

Brian do you really think posts by mostly middle aged guys on a message board matters one bit to a football recruit or their family? Nothing said here sways anything in the Rutgers Football world one way or the other. It’s a message board where anonymous posters give opinions and insult each other. That it bro we entertain ourselves and sometimes when are teams win we get happy. Our coaches and players get the recruits to join the team. If you want to really feel that you are helping the team donate to the BIG Build and continue to attend the games. That’s the only way you really can make a positive difference. Trust me no one cares what anyone here says or do.

Reactions: RUinSD and GSGS
Ash is still our coach

No, although I think it would be better received and less of a detriment to our recruiting efforts than any video highlights of our games from this past year.

Reactions: ATIOH and RUinSD
Ash is still our coach

Truthfully Brian,
I think it matters not.

We probably would have a more positive impact showing a recruit this video and making them laugh vs. watching a game tape from this season.

Reactions: GSGS and RU#1fan
My impression is that almost every fan board is critical of the team no matter how successful the team is, so I lean toward thinking that negativity on a fan board is not really a problem.

Ash is still our coach

I am a very pro RU coach until the last day they are here....but, this video is damn funny as hell

While watching a serious Netflix drama, wife left trying to figure out what's making her husband laugh so hard, tears are coming out of his eyes.

Hysterical.

Ash is still our coach

So I’m an Ash supporter, so much so that I’ve been accused of being a relative (LOL) BUT that was hilarious!!!!

Brian do you really think posts by mostly middle aged guys on a message board matters one bit to a football recruit or their family? Nothing said here sways anything in the Rutgers Football world one way or the other. It’s a message board where anonymous posters give opinions and insult each other. That it bro we entertain ourselves and sometimes when are teams win we get happy. Our coaches and players get the recruits to join the team. If you want to really feel that you are helping the team donate to the BIG Build and continue to attend the games. That’s the only way you really can make a positive difference. Trust me no one cares what anyone here says or do.
Nothing could be further from the truth. Recruits and their families are on the boards of every school their son is considering. Most times you won't even know they're there. I can't begin to tell you the number of recruit family members I have spoken with over the years that nobody suspected at all. They were here on the boards to get the pulse of the fan base. When they see an atmosphere like the one here, it's a giant red flag to stay away because the fan base isn't behind the program. Then again, this fan base has never really been behind the program like any of the blue chip schools. Everybody loves to point fingers at everyone else for not making the program great, but won't hesitate to come on here and trash the only promising coach that would give us the time of day and the AD that raised more money for athletic facilities than every other AD before him combined.
If people want the program to be great, perhaps people should act like it is what it is- the origin of college football, the program that has to this day played more games than any other program in the country. Take pride in the scarlet, it's ours, and ours alone. I stayed away for two months because I was sick to death of the negative poison around here. How would you imagine a recruit's mom or dad would feel reading the most "hardcore fans" telling each other to cancel their season tickets and calling for the firing of the coach, AD, and president? It's disgraceful. This entire board has been disgraceful for a long time, and then people here want to pile on Chris Ash for recruiting while they're actively hurting his efforts here.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Nothing could be further from the truth. Recruits and their families are on the boards of every school their son is considering. Most times you won't even know they're there. I can't begin to tell you the number of recruit family members I have spoken with over the years that nobody suspected at all. They were here on the boards to get the pulse of the fan base. When they see an atmosphere like the one here, it's a giant red flag to stay away because the fan base isn't behind the program.

1)
If your team's "fans" don't post negative content when the team is not performing to expectations, then you don't have fans. That's called apathy. That would be the ultimate cause for concern. Internet bitching and negativity happens within every single fan base that gives a shit.

After a 1-11 season, when the goal was a bowl game, in year three of a regime, with lowly ranked recruiting, and administration that can't make a change because they can't absorb the coaches contract. .... there isn't a fanbase in the country that wouldn't be spewing hatred or poking fun on message boards at the coaching staff.

OSU is 12-1 and Big ten Champions. Their fans have spewed plenty of negativity, disgust and disrespect for their team over on their board this season.

2)
Trying to force or publicly exhibit positive thoughts about a shitty situation is a coping mechanism that doesn't change anything in reality. This technique is rooted on being dishonest to yourself and to others, and is generally popular only with mediocre minds.

If you put lipstick on a pig, its still a f*ckin pig. You aren't fooling anyone with a brain, just as Chris Ash is not really fooling too many people with his fake optimism for next year.

That said, if we all were jumping around here posting love notes to Chris Ash instead of making fun.... it wouldn't change results on the field one iota.

As far as coping mechanisms go, I'll say laughter is more effective and more healthy.

...... trash the only promising coach that would give us the time of day

What exactly was so promising about Chris Ash other then his alleged amazing interview with Hobbs?

Also... your tone suggests we should be grateful that he was even interested..... I tend to think its the other way around. We gave him a massive raise and the opportunity of his career. I don't remember hearing about any other -major conference programs begging him to be their head coach.

Reactions: GSGS and RU#1fan
I don’t really have an issue with it. Just don’t think it’s very original.

It’s been around for a while and some of the lines in this one are a little...
Yeah, I thought it was a cute rendition of the Hitler rant oriented around RUFB. But as you say, that rant video with various different versions of dubbed sub-titles has been around forever. Once you've seen a handful or so of them, they start to lose their hilarity some.

Still, nice work by the OP on his particular version.

1)
If your team's "fans" don't post negative content when the team is not performing to expectations, then you don't have fans. That's called apathy. That would be the ultimate cause for concern. Internet bitching and negativity happens within every single fan base that gives a shit.

After a 1-11 season, when the goal was a bowl game, in year three of a regime, with lowly ranked recruiting, and administration that can't make a change because they can't absorb the coaches contract. .... there isn't a fanbase in the country that wouldn't be spewing hatred or poking fun on message boards at the coaching staff.

OSU is 12-1 and Big ten Champions. Their fans have spewed plenty of negativity, disgust and disrespect for their team over on their board this season.

2)
Trying to force or publicly exhibit positive thoughts about a shitty situation is a coping mechanism that doesn't change anything in reality. This technique is rooted on being dishonest to yourself and to others, and is generally popular only with mediocre minds.

If you put lipstick on a pig, its still a f*ckin pig. You aren't fooling anyone with a brain, just as Chris Ash is not really fooling too many people with his fake optimism for next year.

That said, if we all were jumping around here posting love notes to Chris Ash instead of making fun.... it wouldn't change results on the field one iota.

As far as coping mechanisms go, I'll say laughter is more effective and more healthy.

What exactly was so promising about Chris Ash other then his alleged amazing interview with Hobbs?

Also... your tone suggests we should be grateful that he was even interested..... I tend to think its the other way around. We gave him a massive raise and the opportunity of his career. I don't remember hearing about any other -major conference programs begging him to be their head coach.
Hahaha, you're comparing our fans to Ohio State fans? Our situation to theirs? Get your head out of the sand, buddy.

no, I didn't compare or suggest anything about the OSU and Rutgers football programs is similar in that post. In fact I suggested they were very different situations. The only comparison/suggestions of similarity I made were that I insinuated that both schools play football, both have fan bases which are comprised of human beings, and I suggested that those human beings behave similarly on the whole.

However, the fact that's what you took from what was written..... now that actually helps prove one of my other points above. Thank you.

https://www.learningrx.com/reading-comprehension-help-for-adults/

Last edited:
I also follow the Cal board (since it is my alma mater). As you know, Cal is not a great team by any means, but it is going to a minor bowl. I notice that there aren't that many positive comments even after a win. It's like the news, which never reports what is happening that is good. People just seem to focus on the negative. My guess is this is true of all boards; that no matter how successful a team, the fans talk about what is not going well.

If people want the program to be great, perhaps people should act like it is what it is- the origin of college football, the program that has to this day played more games than any other program in the country. Take pride in the scarlet, it's ours, and ours alone. I stayed away for two months because I was sick to death of the negative poison around here. How would you imagine a recruit's mom or dad would feel reading the most "hardcore fans" telling each other to cancel their season tickets and calling for the firing of the coach, AD, and president? It's disgraceful. This entire board has been disgraceful for a long time, and then people here want to pile on Chris Ash for recruiting while they're actively hurting his efforts here.

czxqa - that's too ironic when you ask us to take pride in our traditions, such as "the origin of college football", when Ash has done all he can to tear down the better traditions of the program.

You think that it is disgraceful to call for the firing of a 3rd year coach who goes 1-11 and is scouring Europe for recruits because he can't get enough local prospects from what is considered a hotbed of talent? That is rather ignorant on your part.

Well, don't worry, I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm on a path where my negativity will be soon replaced by apathy. When these boards are empty, and the stands at HPSS have 10K fans who only attend the games because they enjoy tailgating, you will get your wish and you will be able to visit here w/o any negativity.

Reactions: TheHandOfChaos
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT