ADVERTISEMENT

Give Gio a drive?

Ash doesn't want controversy after screwing it up last year. only a matter of time though
Screw what up? While I supported the switch Laviano is the last guy to win a game before yesterday and still the last guy to win a BIG game.

But let's continue to bash our starting QB and act like you know anything. Lol

Reactions: slyker
Kind of amazing that RU has allowed all these future Peyton Mannings, Tom Bradys, and Aaron Rodgerses to rot on the bench. QB recruiting must be much better than I ever imagined.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
As nice as it sounds, it would be a very bad idea. Giving Lewis more snaps is going to happen, Bolin is the starter, and you are NOT going to have a "three-quarterback system." Putting another person in there is more likely to screw things up than keep anybody sharp.

I do agree that Gio goes in if Bolin gets hurt, but he doesn't need to get game experience. He has it.

Gio has to be rested to so he can become a great QB next year for a different team. You don't want him to get hurt and ruin his chances. I think Ash is doing the right thing.

Disagree. The staff is getting Lewis work, and they'd be doing that whether Gio or Bolin were the starter. I'd bet that if Bolin goes down, Gio goes in and Lewis gets a similar amount of play that he would have gotten with Bolin.
There are those that want to write off Gio completely. Even if Lewis takes over as starter next year, with a running QB, we will need a backup. Check out Gio's move here, and how he bounced right back up after the cheap shot. Should not cast him aside so quickly.

Kind of amazing that RU has allowed all these future Peyton Mannings, Tom Bradys, and Aaron Rodgerses to rot on the bench. QB recruiting must be much better than I ever imagined.

Gio's performance last year (when healthy) is simply better than anything than Bolin has done in 3 games this year. With Gio, Rutgers would have beaten Eastern Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT