ADVERTISEMENT

Good year to play Morgan State instead of Howard

"biggest point spread NCAA upset ever"???

I don't care if UNLV was great last year, I can't understand how you get such a point spread when you're talking about a program outside of the Power 5.

It's almost as if it might benefit someone in Las Vegas to have concocted such a spread.....

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...t-point-spread-upset-college-football-history

I agree, ESPN is just lazy most of the time..... don't know if the fix was in (hard to believe UNLV would be involved in any sort of cheating scandal ;)

but here was a pretty good write-up.... (from an sports fan perspective)
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...68/howard-unlv-spread-final-score-record-2017

of note:
Here, a 45-point spread wasn’t even unreasonable, considering Howard has:
  • In 2016, lost 52-13 to Maryland and 52-14 to Rutgers
  • In 2015, lost 49-0 to Appalachian State and 76-0 to Boston College
The Bison went 3-19 over the last two years. Those 76 points they gave up to Boston College are probably more points than Boston College has scored in a decade against all other opponents. They’ve been one of the worst teams in all the land, and they’ve done an especially bad job when they’ve punched up against FBS teams.

Last edited:
Maybe not. Morgan State's QB is 6-7 245 and was a 4 star. I guess we have to hope that Rob Spence, their new OC, applies the same teaching techniques that turned Gary Nova into the Notorious INT.

Reactions: gunboat
Maybe not. Morgan State's QB is 6-7 245 and was a 4 star. I guess we have to hope that Rob Spence, their new OC, applies the same teaching techniques that turned Gary Nova into the Notorious INT.

I actually watched their 1st game (well, much of it :) ) JMO- Yes, their QB is big and athletic... but not very accurate. O-line is very undersized and did not hold up well to any pressure. They have some speed at RB and WR - but not size, and again - not very accurate targeting by QB. D line is very small......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT