ADVERTISEMENT

Got this from the Minnesota Board

Iowa is a lock because they dont play Minnesota in one of their last 2

Rutgers isnt a lock because they can potentially add a horrific loss to the resume

Iowa was 40 seconds away from a home loss to MSU, giving up an alarming number of 3s to Sparty. The OT win while impressive on the surface and SportsCenter, is not a metric win.

Iowa also goes to Indiana and hosts Nebraska. I would say 1-1 & if not for the miracle Saturday, was probably looking at 3 straight double figure losses....20 point loss at NW....12 point loss at Wisconsin.....down 9 with 39 seconds to Sparty.....if Sparty plays defense, they win by 9 to 11 points.

Iowa would be staring down the barrel of a 4th straight loss going to Bloomington and they're suddenly a lock?? It's not impossible that Nebraska pushes Sparty tonight and can score 75 to 80 points at Iowa. If RU wins 2 and Iowa wins 1 in the B1G regular season, RU should be seeded higher than Iowa, end of discussion.

And the arguments keep moving like whack a mole....3 years ago, dominating at the RAC wasn't good enough for RU.....Maryland does the same thing with one neutral win vs Miami, no issues.....

Two years it wasnt enough road wins, they sealed that up.

Last year it was the OOC and Lafayette, which impacted the NET and never was a factor....RU danced without an issue.

Now it was even RU had to win at PSU (which was NEVER true), then they win and its still never enough.

RU is in the NCAAs....said it 4 years ago irregardless of the Purdue road win.....3 years ago before the Minnesota win....2 years ago it was this game/that game.....now last year it was the OOC and Lafayette....

Now we have the road wins piled up, Q1s piled up and there's a mention of Q3, not Q4.....

Minnesota is a Q3 game, if RU loses to Minnesota. Can we please stop.....??

Iowa won so alot of words for nothing

They are a stone cold lock

Ru was one of the last teams in last year so cut the bravado that it was guaranteed

By the way i had them in too

At 18-14 there are scenarios where they dont make it..if you dont want to believe its your problem

• Love
Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Lol if ru lost out and finished 17-15 they weren't making it..

Its comical you are saying they didnt have to beat penn state

You are also forgetting that RU will get credit for the blown call that cost them the OSU game when the committee discusses their resume. They look at the whole body of work including NET, road wins, Quad 1/2 wins, Quad 3/4 losses. So again we'll just agree to disagree. Don't understand why it's such a hard concept for some people on these boards...lol.
Stop it. Wa wa wa wa. We got screwed, move on. We lost the game. End of story.

Reactions: bac2therac
Do I need to post Rutgers OOC schedule?

Letting us with that schedule at 18-14 is telling ADs around the country it is OK to not schedule better.

Feels like everyone is ganging up on Bac when he's pretty much in lockstep with the better of the bracketologists on everything.

Feels like everyone is ganging up on Bac when he's pretty much in lockstep with the better of the bracketologists on everything.

Because some want to be macho and make declarations

Im here to do bracketology objectively not to do PR for Rutgers

People who say a 18-14 Ru with 4 Q3 losses and a net of 50 are absolutely not at risk they dont know a thing about all this

And i think RU has at least a 70% chance of getting in at 18-14

Murray isn’t just a starter. He’ll likely be a national first teamer. Connor is their version of Paul and it came out a week or so later that his brother had been playing through major anxiety issues. If there was ever a game where the committee will give somewhat of a pass it ought to be that one.
Murray is not a national First team All American this year. He is not Keegan and he has had a # of so so games and has been in a prolonged shooting slump ( except when he plays RU). First team All Americans are Zach Edey , Trace Jackson Davis , Sasser from Houston , Miller from Alabama and Tebelis from Arizona. Almost positive he will not be 2nd team either with Jaquez at UCLA , Wilson from Kansas , Drew Timme from Gonzaga ; Pickett from Penn State plus one of the Texas or Baylor guards. Maybe third team. But I do not see him as talented and as versatile as Keegan . He clearly is very good and has killed us . But not so sure from looking at the box score as to his absence being the reason they lost to Eastern Illinois that day.

Murray is not a national First team All American this year. He is not Keegan and he has had a # of so so games and has been in a prolonged shooting slump ( except when he plays RU). First team All Americans are Zach Edey , Trace Jackson Davis , Sasser from Houston , Miller from Alabama and Tebelis from Arizona. Almost positive he will not be 2nd team either with Jaquez at UCLA , Wilson from Kansas , Drew Timme from Gonzaga ; Pickett from Penn State plus one of the Texas or Baylor guards. Maybe third team. But I do not see him as talented and as versatile as Keegan . He clearly is very good and has killed us . But not so sure from looking at the box score as to his absence being the reason they lost to Eastern Illinois that day.

I dont think his injury will be taken into consideration

Injuries consideration are not as big as people think

Lol...a loss to a ncaa 6-8 seed isnt a bad loss

Illinois has incredible non conference wins..and committee loves non conference stuff

They also beat RU and they dont have 3 q3 losses

Rutgers lost to Nebraska at home but at the same time devaluing Illinois beating them

Should illinois falter down the stretch ru may get a better seed than them
Losing to Missouri by 22 on a neutral floor is a bad loss LOL. Yes the Committee will love the UCLA and Texas wins , which frankly is the only thing holding up their resume right now since they clearly have not beaten the top of the BIG 10 yet. If they beat Michigan and Purdue then you slide them ahead of RU. Not now. Equal seeding. Rutgers was their best win at the time NET ( our Net was 20 ) . Ohio State’s loss by 12 regardless of where the NET says there are but the reality of losing 9 straight games and looking pathetic was like 2 Quad 3 losses. They were also dominated and Ohio State led wire to wire.
If they lose to Michigan at home and at Purdue and we win both our remaining games , you better believe we should be the higher seeded team.

People who say a 18-14 Ru with 4 Q3 losses and a net of 50 are absolutely not at risk they dont know a thing about all this

Hope you do not think I am ganging up on you. I have too much respect for what you do. I just sometimes disagree with you giving the benefit of the doubt to everybody else and hammering Rutgers more than they deserve objectively. I hope you and I are at a point that we can see things different ways but respect the other opinion and then talk about it on this message board because I do not know you personally but only through these boards.

Losing to Missouri by 22 on a neutral floor is a bad loss LOL. Yes the Committee will love the UCLA and Texas wins , which frankly is the only thing holding up their resume right now since they clearly have not beaten the top of the BIG 10 yet. If they beat Michigan and Purdue then you slide them ahead of RU. Not now. Equal seeding. Rutgers was their best win at the time NET ( our Net was 20 ) . Ohio State’s loss by 12 regardless of where the NET says there are but the reality of losing 9 straight games and looking pathetic was like 2 Quad 3 losses. They were also dominated and Ohio State led wire to wire.
If they lose to Michigan at home and at Purdue and we win both our remaining games , you better believe we should be the higher seeded team.
A bad loss is losing by double digits to Nebraska at home

Illinois does not have 3 Q3 losses and non conference sos of 312

Hope you do not think I am ganging up on you. I have too much respect for what you do. I just sometimes disagree with you giving the benefit of the doubt to everybody else and hammering Rutgers more than they deserve objectively. I hope you and I are at a point that we can see things different ways but respect the other opinion and then talk about it on this message board because I do not know you personally but only through these boards.

Oh no..like the banter with you..you know your stuff..we just come at it from different angles. We arent far off. The seedings are close right now

Its some of the others declaring ru a stone cold lock at 18-14

Reactions: goru7
A bad loss is losing by double digits to Nebraska at home

Illinois does not have 3 Q3 losses and non conference sos of 312
Ok and we were dinged a seed line by some and 2-3 seed lines by other bracketologists (Palm) so we slide from 5-6 where we were to 7-8 seed line. Non conference SOS means nothing as we played only 7 Quad 4 games and won by an average of 30 + plus points so it is as if those games do not even count. Then you look at a non conference of Temple , Miami , Seton Hall and Wake Forest , which is comparable to most other teams.

Oh no..like the banter with you..you know your stuff..we just come at it from different angles. We arent far off. The seedings are close right now

Its some of the others declaring ru a stone cold lock at 18-14
I am happy to hear that and totally agree that 18-14 Rutgers will lead to some serious sweating on Selection Sunday and I cannot say I will have a smile on my face at the end of the day. Let’s get this Minnesota road win out of the way , so we can discuss whether we will be a 6( unlikely , a 7 ( more than likely ) ,an 8 ( more than likely ) or a 9 ( unlikely ).

no i know this from reading the ncaa site and from paying attention to this for 25 years

If you think RU has a 70% chance even if losing all three, then you agree with me.

If we had 2 less losses i would have us a 6
Exactly right . Give me the Michigan and Seton Hall wins where the atrocious basketball was played or 1 of those and the Ohio State screw job , I would be right there with you. Can live with the Temple ( without Paul and Caleb ) and Nebraska losses ( they got red hot and we let them ).

Do I need to post Rutgers OOC schedule?

Letting us with that schedule at 18-14 is telling ADs around the country it is OK to not schedule better.
You telling me to stop crying and here you're doing that crying about their OOC schedule. Pot meet kettle. Just STFU as well then dude or appreciate other people can have different opinions of what the committee will evaluate on this year's resume.

Exactly right . Give me the Michigan and Seton Hall wins where the atrocious basketball was played or 1 of those and the Ohio State screw job , I would be right there with you. Can live with the Temple ( without Paul and Caleb ) and Nebraska losses ( they got red hot and we let them ).

The Seton Hall loss is the one that bothers me alot

The Seton Hall loss is the one that bothers me alot
It was brutal for sure as Paul got stopped and became a liability not shooting and Cliff got handled by Ignufu ( spelling ) real well, and everybody panicked missing layups.
But Michigan irks me more because I hate that team more than Seton Hall for how they have destroyed us in big moments in our history (Final Four ,NIT final and their obnoxious fans ) and they really didn’t play all that great and we let them off the hook after our 13-3 start. If anyone had a pulse that night we beat them.

It doesn't work that way..its a balance. On average they all are pretty equal in quality of wins and wins team in field. Yes Q2 can have just as good wins as Q1

Non conference performance and q3 losses are the area where RU suffers and thats what the resume is dung. 3 losses in q3 is alot for a school in 7-10 seed range

Given the rest is equal thats why you see RU slightly behind the others in everyone's not just mine bracketology
Explain why some teams are given the benefit of the doubt when they have injuries to key players, but that isn't the case with Rutgers. It seems the narrative changes every year to fit the agenda. I've heard that from several talking heads on TV.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Iowa was 40 seconds away from a home loss to MSU, giving up an alarming number of 3s to Sparty. The OT win while impressive on the surface and SportsCenter, is not a metric win.

Iowa also goes to Indiana and hosts Nebraska. I would say 1-1 & if not for the miracle Saturday, was probably looking at 3 straight double figure losses....20 point loss at NW....12 point loss at Wisconsin.....down 9 with 39 seconds to Sparty.....if Sparty plays defense, they win by 9 to 11 points.

Iowa would be staring down the barrel of a 4th straight loss going to Bloomington and they're suddenly a lock?? It's not impossible that Nebraska pushes Sparty tonight and can score 75 to 80 points at Iowa. If RU wins 2 and Iowa wins 1 in the B1G regular season, RU should be seeded higher than Iowa, end of discussion.

And the arguments keep moving like whack a mole....3 years ago, dominating at the RAC wasn't good enough for RU.....Maryland does the same thing with one neutral win vs Miami, no issues.....

Two years it wasnt enough road wins, they sealed that up.

Last year it was the OOC and Lafayette, which impacted the NET and never was a factor....RU danced without an issue.

Now it was even RU had to win at PSU (which was NEVER true), then they win and its still never enough.

RU is in the NCAAs....said it 4 years ago irregardless of the Purdue road win.....3 years ago before the Minnesota win....2 years ago it was this game/that game.....now last year it was the OOC and Lafayette....

Now we have the road wins piled up, Q1s piled up and there's a mention of Q3, not Q4.....

Minnesota is a Q3 game, if RU loses to Minnesota. Can we please stop.....??
Thank you!!!

oh yeah singing GIF by The Leith Agency

Explain why some teams are given the benefit of the doubt when they have injuries to key players, but that isn't the case with Rutgers. It seems the narrative changes every year to fit the agenda. I've heard that from several talking heads on TV.

its not going to work with RU because RU has no Mag and he isnt coming back so using injuries may actually do the opposite. Analysts overstate the injury factor, it could effect a seedline, it does not determine selection

That isn’t a lock. 95-99% I’ll listen
So favored 5-7 over Minn. even home vs NW. we lost two, we will be much lower seed in B1G tourney, playing bad team, I’ll make that even odds. Lose all three, less than 10% betting odds. Now a 30% chance from there. Yes we’re above 95%

Maybe I’m off a bit on this spreads but, chances are extremely low.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT