ADVERTISEMENT

Great Effort but...

That couple with the fact that both Edwards couldn’t miss a shot. He’ll Carson even hit one from 27 feet. They were unconscious.

Reactions: winfield102
I didn’t hate the officiating. A couple of bad calls, but that’s sports.

It came down to them making 3s with a hand in the face and us not having another go to option.

That’s honestly all it was

Agreed. Some bad calls each way, but there always are - most fans only remember the bad calls against their team.

Reactions: RocktheRac
When you are playing 5 against 8 it’s impossible to win and that was the second time this season it was like that. We should have won both games!!
Yes, there were a few bad calls, but you can't say it was 5 on 8 the entire night. The two Edwards kids shot lights out from three point land and Mathias is always a danger out there from three point land. They didn't out "heart" us. They out "talented" us in the end. And it was not because of the officials.

Our guards were great but their guards were even better and more efficient. They hit some bombs and the banked 3 really hurt. I really didn't notice the refs .

3’s beat us - simple as that. Great, great effort by RU. What a great run. This will make a difference in recruiting. Good times ahead folks!

Reactions: RU MAN
Purdue is one of the best shooting teams in the country so no shocker there but thought Rutgers got a bit fortunate Haas missed 2 1 and 1's.

Referees were fair. The three point shooting killed us. Two of their players were automatic from that range.

Some bad calls but Purdue was unconscious. No way they shoot that well tomorrow. We just hit a hot shooting team. Great game t watch.

I followed Purdue board during the game - guess what their big complaint was. The refs were letting RU get away with murder on defense. Amazing how fans of opposing teams can differ on how the game being called isn’t it

I did not see it as the refs taking the game from us. Most of the fouls called on us down the stretch looked reasonable on the replays. I and the announcers thought Williams was fouled on the put back attempt which was at a critical juncture but I did not see a lot of bad calls. IMO that would have been a more legitimate grip against IU.

Purdue played well and hit big shots. It demonstrated the value of making threes over twos to some extent. I am OK with this loss not for the moral victory aspect but because I felt like we competed well against a better team who played well.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyC80
I didn’t hate the officiating. A couple of bad calls, but that’s sports.

It came down to them making 3s with a hand in the face and us not having another go to option.

That’s honestly all it was
Purdue won a hard fought game because they have shooters/scorers at every position .In contrast Rutgers got 48 points from Baker and Sanders and only 19 points from the rest of the team.The front court was stifled because of the size of Purdue .Purdue has tremendous 3 point shooters which was the difference because Baker was the only counter balance.

Bill Parcells always said if you have to complain about the officials you haven't done enough to win. With that said incredibly proud of Coach Pikiell and the guys. Bright future ahead. Way to fight guys. You made Scarlet Nation proud!

Watched the highlights this morning - refs got majority of calls right. No more complaining please.

Refs did a good job but for consistency, if you're not gonna call that obvious foul on Mike's put-back, then don't call the marginal (at best) over the top rebound on Eugene. Both came at critical junctures and were against RU. That's my only complaint.

Thought the jump ball call towards the end as opposed to a block killed some momentum. PU ended up scoring on it. Forget who tied it up i think Eugene or Doorson. VERY BAD call.

We proved we can hang and beat the big boys. Corey stays, kiss comes in along with Mathis/Harper we got some shooters. Geo is going to be an absolute STUD.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Refs did a good job but for consistency, if you're not gonna call that obvious foul on Mike's put-back, then don't call the marginal (at best) over the top rebound on Eugene. Both came at critical junctures and were against RU. That's my only complaint.

this 100% !
the only blatant miss was on the corey rebound that was either a foul or no call. Instead they called it a nano second tie up. That resulted in Purdue making a shot right after on a free possession.
in the end had corey made those foul shots it might have been a total different outcome. then again maybe not.

the tie up was a very bad call. should have been a foul on pu. these calls came at critical times, which obviously sucked. also haas got away with a couple fouls early. refs were pretty good otherwise. not like the Indiana game that's for sure.

BUT all that said, the crazy shooting did RU in. ESPECIALLY that ridiculous bank 3.

Thought the jump ball call towards the end as opposed to a block killed some momentum. PU ended up scoring on it. Forget who tied it up i think Eugene or Doorson. VERY BAD call.

We proved we can hang and beat the big boys. Corey stays, kiss comes in along with Mathis/Harper we got some shooters. Geo is going to be an absolute STUD.

Reactions: MV9000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT