ADVERTISEMENT

Guess the Line: USC v Rutgers

Was Shelby molested by someone at RU? Shelby so enjoys making negative RU posts!
Even you RB knows Shelby’s been right all along. The HC is smacking rocks together to make sparks and a fire when the rest of CFB is already cooking with gas. He’s an overpaid nobody.

tires about to get filled up. RU is just what the doctor ordered. We're a very low FBS team right now. If there's a weaker P4/5 team today, I can't name it.
I think RU is above Purdue, even if we tailspin the rest of the way I think Purdue may be worse

Because it’s about us
nope.. well, yes, in a way.. line vs UCLA was bet heavy on UCLA side.. and over/under was way too low.. they need more Rutgers bets to balance things. And o/u moved from, I think 41 vs UCLA to 56 this week.

Lines are not about what the final score will be.. but what bettors thinks the final score will be and how much they will bet. Balancing bets on both sides, using losing bets to pay winning bets and cashing in the rake.

They want a lot of money bet and to balance bets on both sides. THAT is what oddsmaklers attempt to "predict".. not the outcome.

Last edited:
Whatever the spread is - take USC and give the points !

I expect the game to be very lopsided
I just can't do that. My friend volunteered to place the bet for me with a bookie we know. But I can't do it.
The way I would feel about myself if I did it is not worth the money.

Reactions: noble106
I would obviously never bet against but Rutgers but I just told my friends to go get rich. No way we keep this within two TD's.
I think your friends may hate you later. How many games this year have been insanely out-of-whack with the lines? granted, Rutgers looks desperate.. but so must USC at this point.

My one concern about yo being correct is their wideouts. We have to run a lot of man coverage and put DBs on islands. If USC just starts tossing it up to superior athletes who can win those one one-on-one battles even when covered.. sure, we'll get some INTs.. but they will score quickly... if their WRs are up to it.

And, unfortunately, we also have shown vulnerability to RB wheel routes and flairs.. our old nemesis under GS 1.0. I suspect USC has fast pass-catching RBs.. being USC and all.

But if they have all that.. how'd they lose to Maryland?

I think your friends may hate you later. How many games this year have been insanely out-of-whack with the lines? granted, Rutgers looks desperate.. but so must USC at this point.

My one concern about yo being correct is their wideouts. We have to run a lot of man coverage and put DBs on islands. If USC just starts tossing it up to superior athletes who can win those one one-on-one battles even when covered.. sure, we'll get some INTs.. but they will score quickly... if their WRs are up to it.

And, unfortunately, we also have shown vulnerability to RB wheel routes and flairs.. our old nemesis under GS 1.0. I suspect USC has fast pass-catching RBs.. being USC and all.

But if they have all that.. how'd they lose to Maryland?
They won’t be one on one battles with our DBs. Even UCLA receivers had one on none battles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT