ADVERTISEMENT

Guess who just won her 2nd (uh, 3rd) B1G PoW award

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
And, really, if it takes you more than one guess, you're not paying attention.

She joins Shae Kelley, Kelsey Mitchell and Amanda Zahui B. as the only players to win PoW twice this season.
This post was edited on 2/9 2:54 PM by BeKnighted

Of course it's her

Re: Guess who just won her 2nd B1G PoW award

Interesting that the link shows her as POW 3 times. December 8, January 12 and this week.

Wonder if that's correct?

Whoops - forgot to say - Congratulations Naj!! Well deserved - no one gives more effort than she does.
This post was edited on 2/9 2:16 PM by RUClassof67

You're right and the B1G bullet points are wrong - she was co-player of the week with Ashley Deary on January 12. That means she's the only player to be PoW 3 times this season. I've linked the January 12 press release below.

3 is better than 2

By the way, the RU press release has it right.

gosh, you beat me to it. :-) I also read "3rd PoW award". No matter what, she's having an incredible MVP season.

Good for her. Teriffic ball player.

She has excelled in every phase of the game, works incredibly hard, and is quite the leader.

I really, really hope she wins the BIG player of the year award!!

Congrats to Betnijah! Let's hope this isn't her last PoW award!

Looks like Amanda Zahui B. also has three PoW awards, so they're tied for the most in the B1G so far this season.

Originally posted by Cyn38:
She's a big favorite in my seat and in my section. Congrats!
Cyn - I think you'll find that she's a big favorite in almost every section! No one is more intense or as competitive as Betnijah.

Originally posted by RUClassof67:

Cyn - I think you'll find that she's a big favorite in almost every section! No one is more intense or as competitive as Betnijah.
In another thread, someone mentioned that one of the reasons that attendance is down is that we don't have a star like Cappie or Piph. They're right... we have a star like Betnijah.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by dmd78:

Originally posted by RUClassof67:

In another thread, someone mentioned that one of the reasons that attendance is down is that we don't have a star like Cappie or Piph. They're right... we have a star like Betnijah.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
So true Cappie & Piph were a show and Betnijah is a lunch pail blue collar worker that gets the most out of her talent. Got to love her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT