ADVERTISEMENT

Guess who won JUCO Region VI Tourn. MVP

seels2662

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Aug 17, 2005
....Deshawn Freeman. He won a playoff game on the last second shot in one game, and in another playoff game he dominated like I have not seen anyone do in a long long time here...37 points and 18 boards. I have not been shy about wanting desperately to get this kid. He is exactly the type of player we need...Not the great athlete that has problems with basketball fundamentals (although he is athletic), but a kid who dominates mainly because he out-efforts the guy he plays against.

Any word on where he's leaning at this point? Hoping but not expecting him to end up on the Banks, unfortunately.

He won't come here anymore. Gaining too much attention.

This was always a win win, If he comes, great. If he doesn't, we see more of foreman who has a future at rutgers.

Of course we do,RUman. But odds are with all the attention Freeman is getting we won't land him.

Why not !? Sanders was heavily recruited and he picked EJ/Rutgers.

Rutgers was leading for Freeman. He will start from day one. EJ will run the O with him as 1st option. Rutgers got shooters next year. So, Freeman will not be easily doubled team. Freeman will shine inside at Rutgers where Jack couldn't capitalize.

Freeman would get tons of media attention if Rutgers play better and win more games. Rutgers will be better next year with Freeman.

Do you have inside information that he is not coming? I read somewhere that he has connection with EJ through his North Carolina roots?

After all, Rutgers is in the B1G now. RU left the BE/AAC. The B1G is a P5 conference, which has its on TV station.

If EJ has any chance to win some day, he will need to recruit players that are talented and therefore are wanted by other schools. If he can't do that now, why does anyone think it improves after more losing? He has to get more players that can actually play.now.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by ruman:
This is not a win win. We need more talent.
Sorry but I think you are wrong. And many here will agree with me. There have been multiple occasions in the past decade where we fielded a team in which all five players on the court were Rivals top 150 players. And we had the same result. No we don't need more talent, WE NEED BETTER BASKETBALL PLAYERS. There is a distinct difference. Deshawn Freeman may be 2 inches too short to be considered a great talent, but he is a great basketball player.

Yes. We want him. This was in reference to Higgins saying that it's a win win if we don't get Freeman. We need him bad

Originally posted by ruman:
Yes. We want him. This was in reference to Higgins saying that it's a win win if we don't get Freeman. We need him bad
Misunderstood ruman, didn't realize we were arguing the same point. my bad.

Ruman, it is good to be realistic with RU basketball. If we get him, EJ and staff did a phenomenal job. The realism is though that he is going to get a lot of attention and we can't compete with that. I just don't think we get him. I think he is a great player and I am concerned with him being "2 inches" short for his position.

The truth of the matter is that we probably won't get him. DJ foreman is playing good ball though, and i think by next year he is a 8 ppg/6 rbpg player. If he stays.

Spot on seels with out efforting guys.It's sometimes about will, not skill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT