ADVERTISEMENT

Hale Center after New Indoor Facility is built

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
I know this is a few years down the road, but once the new indoor football practice facility is built, what would you like to see the Hale Center used for. This is under the assumption that the new facility will house everything for football which may not be the case.
General university/alumni use?
General student recreation use?
Teams such as field hockey, golf, tennis, volleyball, cross country?
Club sports such as hockey?
Other uses ?

Let’s all try to work towards making things right first. Not just with Rutgers infrastructure but our society. If we don’t do that and , I believe we will , then Rutgers won’t be Rutgers and what we have could vanish just as quickly. Worrying about building a new Hale Center in the next 5 years is off the table unless Boone Pickens cuts a check for 100 mil...the focus should remain on the educational infrastructure first...when the Pandemic and civil unrest has been corrected then we can look to build sports structures.

Hale Center = football ops. New IPO = practice facility. 2 different things used for football, hopefully connected or within a short walk of one another

Hale Center = football ops. New IPO = practice facility. 2 different things used for football, hopefully connected or within a short walk of one another
Location would be weird to make it anything but a football facility. Tucked between the stadium and practice fields, having non-football activities in and out of it could be problematic. Plus, there is plenty of room to grow football-wise, might as well take advantage of the existing space for that.

At one point, I thought Coach Schiano wanted the new facility to have everything football related, not just a field. Has he publicly or privately said anything about going with just an indoor field?

Let’s all try to work towards making things right first. Not just with Rutgers infrastructure but our society. If we don’t do that and , I believe we will , then Rutgers won’t be Rutgers and what we have could vanish just as quickly. Worrying about building a new Hale Center in the next 5 years is off the table unless Boone Pickens cuts a check for 100 mil...the focus should remain on the educational infrastructure first...when the Pandemic and civil unrest has been corrected then we can look to build sports structures.
Posts like this are ridiculous and lame. He’s just starting an innocent conversation which is basically the point of sports message boards.

I don’t doubt that it will make fundraising more difficult for the coming months, but as long as the possible second wave of corona does not shut down as many things as we have had, hopefully the economy will pick up by Christmas/ January.

Reactions: PaKnight
Back to my original question though, what would folks like to see as a future use if the new facility has all football operations in it?

To me it makes sense to have your football ops be attached to the locker room (and therefore stadium) ... don’t see it being moved across the street. The replacement for the bubble should end up being just that, a permanent steel structure to enclose a field but doesn’t need to be more than that

To me it makes sense to have your football ops be attached to the locker room (and therefore stadium) ... don’t see it being moved across the street. The replacement for the bubble should end up being just that, a permanent steel structure to enclose a field but doesn’t need to be more than that
Dave, the lacrosse guys on this site have said The Bubble is not being replaced. Don’t know if that is a fact, although I would like to see it kept for lacrosse, field hockey, soccer, student rec use, etc.

Posts like this are ridiculous and lame. He’s just starting an innocent conversation which is basically the point of sports message boards.
Ridiculous for stating a fact... it’s the reality and where is this money coming from again next time ? Alumni who now are not in great financial shape after the pandemic. New Jersey donating $$$$ bah that is finished for 10 years if ever. The B1G yearly money does not go only for athletics if I recall...do You think Rutgers administration is going to turn around and say all 45 mil for sports... I guarantee I have donated more than many on this board ... 42 years of giving more as I reached my mid 50’s...oh don’t forget you will be battling many other campus groups for a piece of the pie... if the economy stays up and the recovery occurs maybe? but if what I’m hearing is going to happen over the next 5-10 years you better have some deep pockets or a Boone Pickens to leave us 100 -150 mil. Sure we always love innocent conversation it’s fun ... but remember to dig deep in those pockets in order to have it become true...

Ridiculous for stating a fact... it’s the reality and where is this money coming from again next time ? Alumni who now are not in great financial shape after the pandemic. New Jersey donating $$$$ bah that is finished for 10 years if ever. The B1G yearly money does not go only for athletics if I recall...do You think Rutgers administration is going to turn around and say all 45 mil for sports... I guarantee I have donated more than many on this board ... 42 years of giving more as I reached my mid 50’s...oh don’t forget you will be battling many other campus groups for a piece of the pie... if the economy stays up and the recovery occurs maybe? but if what I’m hearing is going to happen over the next 5-10 years you better have some deep pockets or a Boone Pickens to leave us 100 -150 mil. Sure we always love innocent conversation it’s fun ... but remember to dig deep in those pockets in order to have it become true...
The money from the B1G goes directly to the Athletic Dept. not to the University. The University benefits from being part of the Academic Consortium. That's how it works. The Athletic Dept does owe the University money that it borrowed. So some of the money will be given to pay off the loans.

Reactions: BLewis1968
The money from the B1G goes directly to the Athletic Dept. not to the University. The University benefits from being part of the Academic Consortium. That's how it works. The Athletic Dept does owe the University money that it borrowed. So some of the money will be given to pay off the loans.
I think you will be disappointed but I was under the impression that a large piece of the monies would go to non athletic endeavors ... I could also see that change drastically based upon what is going on ... time will tell.

The place is in desperate need of a state of the art press box...like maybe above the upper deck and the space between the upper deck lower deck can be turned into premium seating.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

That is not what Greg signed up for, the plan is for new football ops and practice facility. Not just a new practice facility, the expected cost is in the $150M range, when half of the money is raised, construction can begin. It remains to be seen what the impact of CV19 has on the timing.

That is not what Greg signed up for, the plan is for new football ops and practice facility. Not just a new practice facility, the expected cost is in the $150M range, when half of the money is raised, construction can begin. It remains to be seen what the impact of CV19 has on the timing.
Where will new fb ops building be? Assume near indoor practice facility ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT