ADVERTISEMENT

Hang out with the Rutgers men’s basketball team at the first annual ‘Scarlet Open’

Geo_Baker_1

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2022
A first of its kind NIL event. Come compete in the Scarlet Open with the Rutgers men’s basketball team and staff at Top Golf Edison. We’re doing awards, auction items, cocktails and dinner, and more!

Round up a group of friends and build a team to attend. Money from the event goes directly to Rutgers men’s basketball players for NIL.

Email me geo@knightsociety.io for more details

Ok well I agree with you.

And top golf is expensive already.

That being said they could have done it at like $3-350 a head and then did other things to raise money like auctions while there and it would be a lot more reasonable.

Golf outings at actual courses don’t charge 600 a head and athletes and coaches show up to those
It's basically an NIL donation but you get to play at Top Golf, drink and and eat what I assume will be a good meal while spending the afternoon with the team as a thank you. That's how I look at it. Way out of my price range but seems like a pretty cool event for well-heeled donors. There's plenty of stuff to complain about but this isn't it.

Last edited:
It's basically an NIL donation but you get to play at top golf, drinks and and eat what I assume will be a good meal while spending the afternoon with the team as a thank you. That's how I look at it. Way out of my price range but seems like a pretty cool event for well-heeled donors. There's plenty of stuff to complain about but this isn't it.
I assume they are providing top golf food so it's bar food and fried foods nothing really extravagant.

Am I crazy or is $600 a person not that outlandish of a price? People on here acting like that will break the bank. This is Central NJ not middle of nowhere Kansas where $600 is an entire mortgage payment. If I was in NJ I would definitely go. I appreciate you setting up cool things like this at a reasonable price Geo.

Am I crazy or is $600 a person not that outlandish of a price? People on here acting like that will break the bank. This is Central NJ not middle of nowhere Kansas where $600 is an entire mortgage payment. If I was in NJ I would definitely go. I appreciate you setting up cool things like this at a reasonable price Geo.
You're not crazy. 5 hours at Top Golf with food and cocktails and you get to meet players, even if it's cash bar, you're spending a good chunk of change on that, then the rest is a donation to NIL for the players.
Perfectly reasonable. The players don't want to hang out with you at Top Golf for free.

Reactions: Rugwu and cm_13
Golf outings like this are for the heavy hitters to spend time playing with the coaches, players, and University officials showing their support financialy and being rewarded with personal contact.
Other type of events have ( example) $1,500 chicken dinners that could have been catered by KFC but no one was there just for the food, supporting the cause and meeting people was the main reason to go.

One time I saw a guy getting a lesson there from a young lady with an outstanding figure wearing quite the outfit, I almost tipped her was very strip clubish

Reactions: MiloTalon13

That being said they could have done it at like $3-350 a head and then did other things to raise money like auctions while there and it would be a lot more reasonable.

Golf outings at actual courses don’t charge 600 a head and athletes and coaches show up to those

You should plan your own fundraiser.

Let us know how it goes

They would have needed to sell like 2.5 times the tickets at the $300 price to raise the same amount of cash. Because the more attendees, the more the top golf bill is gonna be . You also have a more unfavorable fan to player/staff ratio. You want the attendee to have an awesome time and maybe be inclined to plunk down a few more dollars.
If $600 is the sweet spot as deemed by the professionals , so be it . Seems like a good idea for an event.
Hope it’s a huge success.

Illustration-price-relationship-demand.jpg

It won’t be. They’re not filing 90 bays and don’t have the clout or money to rent the whole thing out
If you can get to where players are you will be diluting the access to them and making it less likely people will pay the same for events like that in the future

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I’m not actually showing up. Just pointing out the outrageous pricing for the what? A riveting conversation with Antonio Chol?
actually it's showing support for the program added bonus is meet and greet with them.
Some will sit on sidlines and complain about cost of gatherings like this, but those who go are not worried about coat, they want to feel part of the support system that keeps the ball rolling and get to know the players and coaches they support while havcing some fun with them.

You don't like it, no worrie, just don't go.
But if you can easily afford the price and if it's because you're too cheep to pay don't complain about others willing to pay to enjoy the golf outing in support of RUMBB, just sit tere and count the money you saved by not supporting a program you claim to support.

If you can't pay the rate for financial reasons, you're probably not alone in that department, but don't knock it because you can't afford it!
Just hope the golf outing helps the program you're supposedly a supporter of be a sucess and help RUMBB get the type of players needed to make a long run in the NCAA tourney.
Don't be petty and complain because you lack the bucks .

Others can't make it as well, but they support doing venues like this because it brings booster and players together in fun outings meant to help RUMBB get better

I’m not actually showing up. Just pointing out the outrageous pricing for the what? A riveting conversation with Antonio Chol?
Why are you so angry? 😂 if you can’t go that’s fine, send it to a friend and see if they can go. Most of the conversations about NIL here are always negative so there’s literally zero point in trying to talk down on efforts to change it. Especially something that’s as tangible as this.

Why are you so angry? 😂 if you can’t go that’s fine, send it to a friend and see if they can go. Most of the conversations about NIL here are always negative so there’s literally zero point in trying to talk down on efforts to change it. Especially something that’s as tangible as this.
Some get it and some don’t.

Don’t listen to these types of people . And keep up the good work.

Not angry, just think it’s a bit over priced.

After that I’m just messing with the people saying I’ll show up for free since I knew it would get them all riled up. Enjoy the event and go RU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT