ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s the thing

mal359

All Conference
Nov 22, 2013
We stayed competitive against two strong teams. I don’t feel bad.

By any objective measure, today was a big step backwards. EMU does have a quality QB and a decent team. But, the play calling, the mistakes and penalties and the lack of intensity out of the gate by RU are why we lost. None of those things are a good reflection on our coaching staff or our players. I still think we improve, but it's hard to see that from today's poor performance.

Sit back in Flood's cover 3 zones, get burnt.

Play Ash's press man, get burnt.

Run a hurry up spread, look like a joke.

Play run the clock ground and pound, look like a joke.

You need players. EMU had a gem of a QB and it changed the whole game.

Reactions: D1ESEL44

Some truth in there. But it's hard to get players when you keep getting embarrassed.

RU was competitive with Washington for one half. The second half it wasn't. First games of a year are often silly like that. Don't want to make too much out of them

I posted it before but I will post it again:

If that QB was lined up in the gun for RU - we win this game - no doubt. We might have even upset Washington. That kid was a good QB. Credit to Eastern Michigan - I think they wanted it more. Their offense is built around that QB - he is an above average QB.

RU was competitive with Washington for one half. The second half it wasn't. First games of a year are often silly like that. Don't want to make too much out of them

The coaches had one bad quarter - the 3rd - against Washington. Other than that, they had a decent game plan. Good teams like Washington make plays when it counts - that is why they are a top 10 team. That proved to be the difference in that game.

The offensive gameplan today was dogsh*t.

The only thing I can give Kill credit for was making adjustments in the 3rd quarter...only to abandon it later on. Counterintuitive playcalling on O.

Reactions: ashokan

Ms. Ash we thank you for post regarding your son.
You have no clue if you think EMU is a strong team.
They have never beaten a B1G team in 40 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT